Jitsu

Buckhannon, WV

#21 Jan 5, 2013
MaddEyez wrote:
thanx for the info, i did not know that, wait min, was it up there where salvation army is now?
it was right behind where the chinese eatery is on main street.
1 post removed

Level 5

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 5, 2013
i will... how do you remember all this?

Level 5

Location hidden

#24 Jan 5, 2013
TPoster wrote:
Nice pic MaddEyes.
:)
thank you
Jitsu

Buckhannon, WV

#25 Jan 5, 2013
do you think you might recall it

Level 5

Location hidden

#26 Jan 5, 2013
my BF gave up on it, gave me the password and stuff, now its mine, said he was done with topix
Jitsu

Buckhannon, WV

#27 Jan 5, 2013
MaddEyez wrote:
i will... how do you remember all this?
i was born in 1977 i recall going into the store.i had a interest in it and i got pictures from danny green that howard hiner took years ago.i researched old record deltas and i remember the fire in 1986.

Level 5

Location hidden

#28 Jan 5, 2013
well, i was born in 1986, Madd eyez(my BF) was born in 77 too, he told me alot about it.
I would love to see some old photos.
old man

Ardsley, NY

#29 Jan 5, 2013
Anyone remember the homemade pies at Maggie's Restaurant? Sit right bedside City Hall by the RR tracks in the 60's thru 80's.
Wednesday

Moundsville, WV

#30 Jan 5, 2013
J.C. Murphy's
AC-DC

Buckhannon, WV

#31 Jan 5, 2013
Yes, i remember the old, original Foodland on N.Spring St. It sat directly across the street from what is now Buckhannon Dental, where the metered parking lot is. I went there with my grandma. Oh, those were the good ole' days!!!
happy girl

Charleston, WV

#32 Jan 5, 2013
now this thread is just to cool! i remember all of this. anyone remember when the laundromat and pizza hut were up beside of ames? hell i remember when murphy mart was up there! these are the kind of threads i enjoy, not all of the trash talk. good job people!

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Buckhannon

#33 Jan 5, 2013
How 'bout Hecks beside Krogers?

Level 5

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#34 Jan 5, 2013
Meowmix wrote:
I miss Ames. I remember shopping for school clothes there.
Me too! I miss that place..

A lot of people used to talk about a place called Hecks? Sounded pretty awesome, but never had a chance to see it for myself.

Also, I miss the old Five and Dime store. Don't remember where it was, just remember going when I was a little kid and they had so many interesting things :)
this is nice

Saint Albans, WV

#35 Jan 5, 2013
Do you remember the hill Billy market

“Saving the World in my Pajamas”

Level 9

Since: May 11

Planet XXX

#36 Jan 5, 2013
I think the Foodland (on Spring St) was an A&P before it was a Foodland.
AC-DC

Buckhannon, WV

#37 Jan 5, 2013
Here are a few from Main St...Shannon's Hardware-now the Market Square, Western Auto-somewhere near The Daily Grind, got my 1st bike from there, Loudin's Shoe Store & Walker's Shoe Store-one of them was in the Martino Dental Bldg, and remember the Pharmacy that burnt where the Court House Annex is now? More to come, I have to think...

Level 5

Location hidden

#38 Jan 5, 2013
How bout when there was a shoe store across from middle school, now its a abandoned tire center

Level 5

Location hidden

#39 Jan 5, 2013
There was a pet store where the chinese place is on main street...(in the 80's), across the street from this pet store was a game room.

Level 5

Location hidden

#40 Jan 5, 2013
Before Speedway, where the pumps sit, there was a bar facing the side street. And on the other side of the building(bar), there was another game room and aothee business facing where speedway now sits.
On the left of Wendy's, on the side street, across from there. There was a building that sat there, it was a woman's health center, but before that, it was a restaurant.
Jitsu

Buckhannon, WV

#41 Jan 5, 2013
AC-DC wrote:
Yes, i remember the old, original Foodland on N.Spring St. It sat directly across the street from what is now Buckhannon Dental, where the metered parking lot is. I went there with my grandma. Oh, those were the good ole' days!!!
Yes if you don't mind me asking,how old are you?I am 35.Do you recall the inside?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pos 53 min Curious 17
25 indictments upshur county 1 hr Curious 62
To the husbands who think their wives don't know 1 hr Curious 33
meadowlands dumpster 1 hr Curious 8
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Goobers Pile 4,250
Who is that good looking fedex guy? (Feb '17) 2 hr bananas 28
Melissa Masuga 3 hr Dong 19
Federal indictments 4 hr Hope so 18

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web