Who is David Taylor that is running f...

Who is David Taylor that is running for Upshur Co Sheriff?

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Baltimore, MD

#1 Jan 11, 2012
Who is this man? I've never heard of him. Anyone know about his background that would qualify him for sheriff?
Qualified Plus

Buckhannon, WV

#2 Jan 11, 2012
Policeman - Detective - Lawyer - Educator
Born and raised in Upshur County.
Started with Upshur County Sheriff's office
Moved to Marion County Florida and served 20 years with Marion County Sheriff's department, ending up as a major crimes/homicide detective.
Graduated Law school and went on the lecture circuit, traing law enforcement professionals across the county.
Returned to Upshur County to run the WVWC extended learning program.
Might be the most qualified person to ever run for Sheriff of Upshur County..
Voter

Buckhannon, WV

#3 Jan 11, 2012
He was also one of the major instigators in trying to control the Buckhannon City Police Department. Everyone thought that Sherman Baxa would be a great Sheriff & look what happened there! We went four years without a single drug bust.

I would like to think that Mr Taylor would be a good sheriff but I will have to be convinced!
BU resident

Buckhannon, WV

#4 Jan 11, 2012
He hasn't even paid any state or local taxes even though he has lived here for 2 years. He refused to file as a resident even when pulled over by the cops for failure to register, claimed he was a student, ask me just a tax dodger. Why should he be in charge of telling us to pay when he doesn't. He wants to treat Upshur county like Florida and there is no comparsion, we do not need someone like that as sheriff in WV period.
AC-DC

Buckhannon, WV

#5 Jan 11, 2012
BU resident wrote:
He hasn't even paid any state or local taxes even though he has lived here for 2 years. He refused to file as a resident even when pulled over by the cops for failure to register, claimed he was a student, ask me just a tax dodger. Why should he be in charge of telling us to pay when he doesn't. He wants to treat Upshur county like Florida and there is no comparsion, we do not need someone like that as sheriff in WV period.
Then prove your accusations! How do you know all of this, esp the part of being stopped by the police & claiming to be a student?
If it aint broke

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jan 11, 2012
Why not keep Virgil. He's doing a great job. Don't need a new Sheriff in town.
Roscoe

Buckhannon, WV

#7 Jan 11, 2012
If it aint broke wrote:
Why not keep Virgil. He's doing a great job. Don't need a new Sheriff in town.
term limits
Science is Proven

Bridgeport, WV

#8 Jan 11, 2012
He's the guy from W.V.W.C. that's going to run and if he gets in office then the sheriffs dept. can't do anything to the college students either!!! The city police can't now...that's why so many officers left the city police force. They said that if it happened they would be gone, and they are. I also heard that this guy was going to run before the officers started quitting. So if you'd like the college students to abide by the same laws we have too, then I suggest you not vote for him! If you think back it was in the record delta and everyone was complaining about it....so they said it was just an example and not what they were really planning. Guess what....they lied!!! I've been warning everyone about him since it all started ....when the officers started retiring and quitting.

“Saving the World in my Pajamas”

Level 9

Since: May 11

Planet XXX

#9 Jan 11, 2012
Just what we need.... Another person from the college in our local government.
Mississippi Gambler

Morgantown, WV

#10 Jan 11, 2012
Don't always judge a person by what you read on this forum. I know personally that Mr. Taylor did not instigate the reports he wrote on the proposals for the Buckhannon Police Dept. He was asked by the Mayor and City Clerk to check into the proposal given by Chief Gregory for accuracy. I know him personally and have NEVER heard him degrade another police office in Buckhannon and Upshur County. Wait for the facts then make your decision at the polls, but if you have issues, then take them up personally with the person you are unhappy with.....
Local man

Buckhannon, WV

#11 Jan 12, 2012
I have spoke to a few of the officers that quit and NONE of them said it had anything to do with WVWC. I love it when dropouts who can't hack college get on here and blame everything on WVWC
car3

Buckhannon, WV

#12 Jan 12, 2012
Science is Proven wrote:
He's the guy from W.V.W.C. that's going to run and if he gets in office then the sheriffs dept. can't do anything to the college students either!!! The city police can't now...that's why so many officers left the city police force. They said that if it happened they would be gone, and they are. I also heard that this guy was going to run before the officers started quitting. So if you'd like the college students to abide by the same laws we have too, then I suggest you not vote for him! If you think back it was in the record delta and everyone was complaining about it....so they said it was just an example and not what they were really planning. Guess what....they lied!!! I've been warning everyone about him since it all started ....when the officers started retiring and quitting.
You are a prime example of someone that has no clue what you are talking about. Your tongue outruns your brain. You had to make this BS up as you went, because not one word is even close to the truth.People like you have a posion tongue.BTW show the readers where you came up with this nonsence,other than your make believe world you seem to live in.
BU resident

Buckhannon, WV

#13 Jan 12, 2012
AC-DC wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prove your accusations! How do you know all of this, esp the part of being stopped by the police & claiming to be a student?
Public document in Upshur county Magistrate Court. Citation dismissed. Go look, I know what I am talking about.

also read his speech he knocks down all that Virgil has done and wants to write more chicken shit tickets like that is real crime.
vote this guy in and Buckhannon will be the most hated city in the state..
car3

Buckhannon, WV

#14 Jan 12, 2012
BU resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Public document in Upshur county Magistrate Court. Citation dismissed. Go look, I know what I am talking about.
also read his speech he knocks down all that Virgil has done and wants to write more chicken shit tickets like that is real crime.
vote this guy in and Buckhannon will be the most hated city in the state..
It's hard to believe there are people amoung us that knows so little and says so much. Where in David's speech did you hear one word about writing all those tickets that you mention? And where did you get the hair brain idea he is going to knock down everything Virgil has done. He said there would be changes in the Sheriff's dept. for the better, and there wasn't one word saying anything negative about Virgil. I know David about as good as anybody. I'm sure you will find him totally honest and that's something I see you will have to work on. When you post garbage like you are doing it only makes you look like an idiot,idiot.
interested

United States

#15 Jan 12, 2012
To car3. Sorry, but you are wrong. Mr. Taylor did complain about everything Sheriff Miller has done and is doing. He talks big but he doesn't know what he is talking about in the sheriff's office. And yes he did cause trouble at the City. We definately could use Virgil but that can't be but we don't have to vote for someone who has spent most of his time in other states. Look a Mike Kelly.He is running and I am sure he would be a better sheriff than Taylor. At least he has been living in Upshur County and working as Chief Deputy under Virgil. Also has been paying taxes in our County. Please think about these things before you vote. David Taylor is definately WVWC.
Truth Be known

Salem, WV

#16 Jan 12, 2012
Mr. Taylor is a joke! It is the truth that he will create more problems than he ever will good. It is true, go check the man out and then make your decision before voting for him. He hasn't been here long but surely made a wonderful impression on our community! LOL!!!! As someone said, let us not fix what is broken, he doesn't need to be elected and if he is, we will ALL be sorry!
Sorcerer

Charleston, WV

#17 Jan 12, 2012
interested wrote:
To car3. Sorry, but you are wrong. Mr. Taylor did complain about everything Sheriff Miller has done and is doing. He talks big but he doesn't know what he is talking about in the sheriff's office. And yes he did cause trouble at the City. We definately could use Virgil but that can't be but we don't have to vote for someone who has spent most of his time in other states. Look a Mike Kelly.He is running and I am sure he would be a better sheriff than Taylor. At least he has been living in Upshur County and working as Chief Deputy under Virgil. Also has been paying taxes in our County. Please think about these things before you vote. David Taylor is definately WVWC.
car3;
Did not Mike Kelly also serve as a deputy in Florida? Also, one of the best sheriff's Upshur county has had, Fred Gaudet, served as a police officer/detective in Richmond, VA for about 20 years before returning to Buckhannon to serve as sheriff. Therefore, I see it as a positive that Mr. taylor has experience beyond the confines of WV...new ideas, fresh approach, experience. Just an observation. Pay attention to the campaign as it unfolds before prejudging...keep an open mind. As for the charges being dropped in magistrate court (another posting)... maybe he was innocent of the traffic charge...maybe justice was done.
Science is Proven

Bridgeport, WV

#18 Jan 12, 2012
car3 wrote:
<quoted text>You are a prime example of someone that has no clue what you are talking about. Your tongue outruns your brain. You had to make this BS up as you went, because not one word is even close to the truth.People like you have a posion tongue.BTW show the readers where you came up with this nonsence,other than your make believe world you seem to live in.
You are a prime example of someone that has no clue what you are talking about!!! Your tongue outruns your brain!!! Can you prove otherwise? Sounds to me like I may have gotten it right on...especially since you seem so bothered by it! I know it seems pretty strange that we lost so many officers this year...they usually don't have that much of a turn over, but I'm just stating what I heard from the people mostly affected by it. As for you stooping to ignorance and insulting me....hahaha...I'm going to lose sleep! As I said before...until you can prove otherwise, you should hold your poison tongue! When it comes to my proof...I think it's obvious, if people would connect the dots. The biggest point is that W.V.W.C. already controls the city government, they don't need control of the county also!!!
car3

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Jan 12, 2012
Hey sorcerer you addressed your comment to me and it should have been to (Interested) I am behind David Taylor 100%. I know he will make a Great Sheriff.You know from time to time you get someone like (Interested) that is about as smart as a left handed fishworm that has no clue what is going on, and for whatever reason tries to impress everybody with made up lise and BS.

just curious

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2012
When did Mr.Taylor become a registered voter in our County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apologize 2 min Jst sayingg 1
Fitz is still closed !!! 3 hr come on 12
jade 3 hr HiJade 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr DiamondsWild 4,091
Pam Casto (May '15) 3 hr pattyfanti 19
BUHS Teacher 4 hr Shame 2
whats your name?? 4 hr sorry guys 4
Upshur Teachers 7 hr Breaking news 21

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web