Level 1

Since: Jul 12

United States

#21 Jul 27, 2012
love it there one of my favorite places to eat
Sour grapes

Elkins, WV

#22 Aug 2, 2012
If you are speaking negative about the restaurant then you haven't eaten there.
carla

South Williamson, KY

#23 Sep 19, 2013
At first everything started well very nice server clean and quiet. My friend ordered the philly cheese steak with a baked potatoe and added the salad bar for me for $3.99. The server was fine with that and I only had a small plate of food from the bar because I have had gastric bypass surgery. My friends cheese steak was very good. No problems so far. When I got the bill the salad bar was $6.99. When we brought it to the attention of the lady who was cashing us out she said well you shaired and I can't have people doing that. I said no I ate the salad bar she ate the sandwich and I told her about my surgery. Huffing and puffing she said I'll do it this time but not again. We were going to bring our familys back but after that rude display I felt imbarrised. Its pretty bad when a chain resterant like Ruby Tuesday will accomidate my need but a local buisness treats me like a lepper. There were only 2 tables being served when we got there try accomidating your customers and being polite they may come back.
little monster

Bridgeport, WV

#24 Sep 19, 2013
To high prices for me considering the portions. One guy was on top of thing's, one lady was rude & before we were out the door (10.00 tip) we heard the server's complaint about should have been 15.00. We ordered salad bar. Really! Never go back!
Daisy

Parkersburg, WV

#25 Sep 19, 2013
carla wrote:
At first everything started well very nice server clean and quiet. My friend ordered the philly cheese steak with a baked potatoe and added the salad bar for me for $3.99. The server was fine with that and I only had a small plate of food from the bar because I have had gastric bypass surgery. My friends cheese steak was very good. No problems so far. When I got the bill the salad bar was $6.99. When we brought it to the attention of the lady who was cashing us out she said well you shaired and I can't have people doing that. I said no I ate the salad bar she ate the sandwich and I told her about my surgery. Huffing and puffing she said I'll do it this time but not again. We were going to bring our familys back but after that rude display I felt imbarrised. Its pretty bad when a chain resterant like Ruby Tuesday will accomidate my need but a local buisness treats me like a lepper. There were only 2 tables being served when we got there try accomidating your customers and being polite they may come back.
Here's the thing, if they had accomidated you, you would come back and do it over and over. Restaurants need to make money, and while i see your point, allowing an adult to eat for 3.99 is not good business. That's why many places enforce adults not ordering off the kids menu. I do understand you can't eat much, but if they let one person do it they gotta let everyone do it. That being said, i'm a little surprised anyone is still eating at this restaurant. Never really cared for it and the prices are astronomical for the portions they serve.
The same as the old one

Buckhannon, WV

#26 Sep 20, 2013
This shouldn't be surprising considering the way the old steak house was operated. Remember? When you got the salad bar they would only give you one plate and you had to go back to the counter and "ask" for another one!!!! Who wants to do that when you get the "all you can eat" salad bar! They only did that to "make sure" noone was sharing some lettuce or cottage cheese with their family members. They made you feel like a criminal with the eagle eyes staring at you while you ate. Guess the new place is exactly the same. Given the price that you pay to feed a family at a place like that, so freaking what if you let the two year old have few peas off your plate!!
carla wrote:
fatelrick

Hockessin, DE

#27 Sep 20, 2013
The same as the old one wrote:
<quoted text>This shouldn't be surprising considering the way the old steak house was operated. Remember? When you got the salad bar they would only give you one plate and you had to go back to the counter and "ask" for another one!!!! Who wants to do that when you get the "all you can eat" salad bar! They only did that to "make sure" noone was sharing some lettuce or cottage cheese with their family members. They made you feel like a criminal with the eagle eyes staring at you while you ate. Guess the new place is exactly the same. Given the price that you pay to feed a family at a place like that, so freaking what if you let the two year old have few peas off your plate!!
They say men marry their mothers, I guess The old mans wife isn't to far off from his mother now days.
YuckDynasty

Madison, WV

#28 Sep 20, 2013
The same as the old one wrote:
This shouldn't be surprising considering the way the old steak house was operated. Remember? When you got the salad bar they would only give you one plate and you had to go back to the counter and "ask" for another one!!!! Who wants to do that when you get the "all you can eat" salad bar! They only did that to "make sure" noone was sharing some lettuce or cottage cheese with their family members. They made you feel like a criminal with the eagle eyes staring at you while you ate. Guess the new place is exactly the same. Given the price that you pay to feed a family at a place like that, so freaking what if you let the two year old have few peas off your plate!!
<quoted text>
. Remember the itsy bitsy ice cream bowls they would give you for the soft serve ice-cream? I've seen bigger shot glasses!
Fergie

Parkersburg, WV

#29 Sep 20, 2013
YuckDynasty wrote:
<quoted text>. Remember the itsy bitsy ice cream bowls they would give you for the soft serve ice-cream? I've seen bigger shot glasses!
Legends ain't no better. Went there once and the "all you can eat" ice cream were those little ice cream cups you get at walmart that they serve at children's birthday parties. And you had to ask for them one at a time. They sure as shi t don't spoil ya!
to carla

Oakvale, WV

#30 Sep 20, 2013
any restraunt worth a damn should be considerate of anothers physical or health conditions. if all you can eat is a very small quanity of food. you deserve the very same respect and service as any other customer. what any good business would want or need is a repeat customer. being treated good and well served will ensure you come back agin and most likely bring in other patrons with you.
1 post removed
Bad Experience

Charlottesville, VA

#32 Sep 29, 2013
Horrible overpriced food. They charged 50 cents for ketchup!
welcomer

Morgantown, WV

#33 Sep 29, 2013
I ate there and it really was gross the service sucked and they can't cook French fries!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hinchman 38 min This 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 41 min Well 4,196
Government shutdown 59 min AlJackson Jr 1
signs 1 hr just a horse and ... 7
Buckhannon is a Strawberry Festival SEWER! (May '13) 1 hr Sing Song 14
Donald Wamsley II (Apr '12) 2 hr Gd7fh 19
Seth Morgan 5 hr seedy 9
Overdose at sheetz Mon concerned 25

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web