Paul Smith Contracting from Elkins/Mill Creek

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

Alice We are all mad here

Buckhannon, WV

#1 Sep 28, 2012
This man is a scam artist. He will take your money, begin your project and continue asking for funds without purchasing materials. In the end he will leave you with an unfinished project and no money. He does NOT have a valid contractors license even though he claims to. He is a crook. BEWARE!
Urright

Bronx, NY

#2 Sep 28, 2012
Alice We are all mad here wrote:
This man is a scam artist. He will take your money, begin your project and continue asking for funds without purchasing materials. In the end he will leave you with an unfinished project and no money. He does NOT have a valid contractors license even though he claims to. He is a crook. BEWARE!
You can sue him in Magistrate Court and stop him from ripping off other people.
wondering

Buckhannon, WV

#3 Oct 3, 2012
Is this the same person as Eugene Smith?
SAME problem

Mill Creek, WV

#4 Oct 5, 2012
We have had the same issue with this "contractor." His license, which he put on our contract, is not valid. He is not carrying insurance on his work. We have a signed contract dated in June that he would have our project finished in 3 weeks. It's been four months. The lumber he does actually have up for our home is molding and bowing. We have tried to work with him, but he is a MASTER liar and scammer. We contacted the Magistrate in Randolph County and were told that we have a long line of others who have filed a complaint before us.
He constantly asks for money, for "deliveries" that NEVER show up. We had to have another contractor come in and do an estimate of what has been spent for a possible lawsuit, and we were told by 3 other contractors that less than 8,000 has been spent on our home, including labor, yet he has exhausted 21,500 from our building account!
pass the buck

Buckhannon, WV

#5 Oct 5, 2012
If someone is coming from another town, especially a bigger one, to Buckhannon to do work, that should be your first clue that something is wrong. Usually there is more work in the bigger areas, and they can make more money when they don't have to travel. Gas from going back and forth ads up quickly on construction projects. The best thing to do in my past experience is find somewhere local that sells the material you need, be it carpet or roofing or just lumber, and ask them who they recommend to put it in. Don't use people who have their own guys to install it, ask them to recommend someone, contact that person and check their references.
grannygrunts

Buckhannon, WV

#6 Oct 15, 2012
Stay away from a contractor that never finishes his own house.
Thoughtwewerealo ne

New York, NY

#7 Oct 19, 2012
Wow, wow, wow! We've been dealing with him for the last 7 months now, in Belington and it sounds like we wrote all the above posts!! I cannot believe the guys working for him continue to work and cover for him!! He has burnt his bridges in Elkins, so he has to move further and further away from home!!
3 posts removed
re eugene smith

Rockford, IL

#11 Sep 4, 2013
I don't know if Paul is the same but Eugene Smith from Buchannon, WV was a contractor in Illinois..... His jobs are falling apart. Jobs that he was not licensed to do but said he would didn't get done. Tearouts in second floor affected structures on the first floor and ceilings are falling in. Bathroom didn't have mildew resistant drywall and now the walls behind shower walls are covered in mold. I wouldn't hire him to build a dog house. He's a liar and a thief.....
Judas

Fairmont, WV

#12 Sep 4, 2013
A friend's parents were taken advantage Of, wondering if it was him. Took their money for new windows & never came back. Looked for months when they found him was told all his stuff was in his wife's name. They filed paperwork that if he ever puts anything in his name they take him to court. They were told it could take years with all the people after him. I just don't get that s""t. He seens to b getting away with a whole h""l of a lot. Should b harsher laws for these people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bumper 1 hr lost 1
Rachael Hanifan 1 hr youknowme 17
Louise Bennett 1 hr Just me 3
missng man Luke Stout 6 hr LukesCuz 275
Greg Duke has STD's........... (Sep '14) 10 hr Strap68 115
Song Title Game, A to Z (Aug '13) 11 hr Honest Babe 681
Seeking photographer in BU 18 hr Photographer 34
Buckhannon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web