searching

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2012
My girlfriend, newborn and i just moved to buckhannon and am stating with friends atm. Was wondering if anyone knew of a small cheap house or apt for rent and possible number to trustworthy landlords. Appreciate the help very much
ohmy

Buckhannon, WV

#2 Dec 15, 2012
best bet is to call a few real estate companies, some of them do rentals. hmm if you go past city hall coming from main street, go past the stockert youth building and you will come to a fork in the road can go left or right, go left and then on the street right after that on your left turn there (its across from that library) theres a phsycologists office in that building forget his name but then theres another one of the offices in there is the guy that owns the building and his daughter they have alot of rentals around here and could see if they have anything open, i dont know of many other people have have multiple rental houses. but i know that guy has appartments houses and trailers. i think his last name is Darby? or something like that. he is very strict but overall is a good landlord. i rented from him for over 2 years but found a cheaper place that allowed pets so ended up moving. they have their own maintnence men and stuff so never have to worry about getting things fixed. sorry couldnt be more help. good luck! its sometimes hard to find the right place around Buckhannon. if you wouldnt mind living in a trailer there is a few parks around that sometimes have openings so that could be an option as well. hmm that store across from city hall where that mom n pops hippy shop or something that moved into that store, the woman that owns that building rents out appartments over it ive heard shes not the best landlord but have never rented from her so cannot confirm that. okay sorry for rambling lol.
ohmy

Buckhannon, WV

#3 Dec 15, 2012
also ive heard before that in a building near hinkle drive (i guess its housing athority or something?) that they have lists of landlords in the area, ive heard it but never checked so dunno how true that info is.
searching

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2012
Ty. Please dont apologize for rambling. You have been a tremendous help. We have jobs lined up i am just looking for betterment and safety for my family so any info or numbers would be fantastic so ty so much
jc

Madison, WV

#5 Dec 15, 2012
ohmy wrote:
best bet is to call a few real estate companies, some of them do rentals. hmm if you go past city hall coming from main street, go past the stockert youth building and you will come to a fork in the road can go left or right, go left and then on the street right after that on your left turn there (its across from that library) theres a phsycologists office in that building forget his name but then theres another one of the offices in there is the guy that owns the building and his daughter they have alot of rentals around here and could see if they have anything open, i dont know of many other people have have multiple rental houses. but i know that guy has appartments houses and trailers. i think his last name is Darby? or something like that. he is very strict but overall is a good landlord. i rented from him for over 2 years but found a cheaper place that allowed pets so ended up moving. they have their own maintnence men and stuff so never have to worry about getting things fixed. sorry couldnt be more help. good luck! its sometimes hard to find the right place around Buckhannon. if you wouldnt mind living in a trailer there is a few parks around that sometimes have openings so that could be an option as well. hmm that store across from city hall where that mom n pops hippy shop or something that moved into that store, the woman that owns that building rents out appartments over it ive heard shes not the best landlord but have never rented from her so cannot confirm that. okay sorry for rambling lol.
Name is Delmer Light.

Since: Dec 12

United States

#6 Dec 15, 2012
Heard hes bad to renr from if your a non married couple
ohmy

Buckhannon, WV

#7 Dec 15, 2012
jc wrote:
<quoted text>
Name is Delmer Light.
thank you! couldn't remember his name.
ohmy

Buckhannon, WV

#8 Dec 15, 2012
searching wrote:
Ty. Please dont apologize for rambling. You have been a tremendous help. We have jobs lined up i am just looking for betterment and safety for my family so any info or numbers would be fantastic so ty so much
I wish you the best of luck!=) Also check the paper every week as people post rentals in there too. and sometimes there are ones in the prospector they sell it at sheetz and a few other gas stations wont always find rentals but it never hurts to look. i will keep an eye out though, i hope you and your family have an amazing christmas!
renter

Buckhannon, WV

#9 Dec 15, 2012
Some of the better landlords are

Sam Baxa
Dean Everett (Griffin Real Estate)
Manley Real Estate
Terry Mills (Eagle Business Ventures)

I wouldn't rent from Delmar Light since he won't rent to any couple that is not married & if you rent from him, he watches to see if you have overnight guests.
Catherine Cuppari is another one. She doesn't fix anything & her rentals are as bad & run down as Frank Fatos.

If you call the Houseing Authority they can give you a list of landlords & make recommendations.
dustydc

United States

#10 Dec 16, 2012
Ty all fir your help truly and if any of you come across a decent place for cheap please let us know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stout (Apr '16) 25 min Curious 19
BUHS boys basketball (Feb '14) 25 min Bee Ball 179
Anything fun to do here? 1 hr Curious 2
ed lipscomb (Aug '13) 3 hr Knowshim 3
Looking for Someone 4 hr bill 2
Best Restaurants in BUCKHANNON. 6 hr Cassy 31
Sawmill Workers Are Trash 7 hr Wise Up 3

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance