Do you like to eat eat healthy?

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

Courtney Carrier

Washington, DC

#1 Jan 24, 2013
What do you eat?

United States

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Weird topic, but ok. Strawberries and laughing cow light swiss cheese spread. Also, really like the apple pecan chicken salads from Wendys.

United States

#3 Jan 24, 2013
What's the obsession with food. Anorexic? Bulimic?

“Can't we all just get along?”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4 Jan 24, 2013
insanity wrote:
What's the obsession with food. Anorexic? Bulimic?
Why respond

Parkersburg, WV

#5 Jan 24, 2013
I like salad, im a sucker for ranch dressing though. lean meats and fruits/veggies.

Level 4

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2013
I'm 5ft4 and 100 pounds...I eat fatty greasy GOOD food...I don't eat light or fat free junk...I like flavor,so no I guess I don't eat healthy :)

Elkins, WV

#7 Jan 24, 2013
I'm a vegetarian who eats predominately vegan. Vegetables, high-protein meat substitutes (tofu, veggie burgers, etc.), beans, fruits, grains, almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, etc. I hardly ever eat junk food, and I don't drink soda. So, yeah -- I'd say I eat pretty healthy.

Elkins, WV

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Was watching some stuff on Dr Oz the other day, they said that salads from fast food restraunts have some ingredients from anti-freeze on their salad products.

They claim it causes no immediate health risks, but really something to think about. When you think salad, you think healthy, but in today's society you really need to cook your own food to truely be healthy.

It is a shame healthy foods are so much more expensive than the fatty stuff. If you try a normal orange, and an organic orange side by side, the taste difference is night and day. If you don't believe me, give it a try, the organic stuff is just so amazingly much better, has the true flavor of an orange.

Also, a lot of fat free foods are a lot more unhealthy than the normal version. The ammount of chemicals added into the food to make it fat free outweighs the benefit of dropping a few calories.

Moderation and portion size is everything. Its healthy to eat some fat. The best thing to do is to eat normal sized portions of meats, and fatty or high carb foods, like pasta, then fill up your stomach on empty calories like salad :)

Also exercise. A lot of people think that cardio is the way to go, its not. A little bit of cardio is good for endurance, but its not the best way to burn calories, so burning yourself out on a treadmill won't help as much as you think.

Strength training burns more calories than any other form of exercise. Don't lift weights fast. Pick a lighter weight, and do the motions slowly, it will work your muscles much more than adding on 40 more pounds, and throwing them around fast. Also with the lighter weights you won't injure yourself easily :)

Hope this will be a help to some of you people wanting to loose weight.

United States

#9 Jan 25, 2013
Actually, rockcavedude I have a hormone imbalance issue that requires me to follow a low-carb, only organic protein diet, and is best served by cardio as opposed to strength training exercise (condition leads to obesity, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, the list goes on.. blah). Besides, any exercise is better than none.

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Jan 26, 2013
Cushing's disease?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Brunina 9 min Christina 4
Laziest Lowe’s employees 18 min Ashleycunt 9
She hasn't stopped 54 min Wow 4
Hot guys that go to BFC 1 hr Cmon 8
nicki brannon's out again! 2 hr Barfy 1
Valley green 3 hr Easy 12
Would a Greek restaurant make it in Buckhannon? 15 hr In my day 4

Buckhannon Jobs

Personal Finance

Buckhannon Mortgages