Buckhannon/Weston WV Politics2012

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Citizen2012

Weston, WV

#1 Sep 25, 2012
Someone explain? How are these counties are allowing the father and son elections to go foward? Lewis Co. is allowing Mike Gissy to run for magistrate and his son Adam Gissy to run for sheriff. Upshur Co. is allowing Dave Coffman to run for sheriff and his son Mike is one of the acting magistrates right now.The county commissions and your circuit judge of both counties should be investigated for running these circus elections. If these individuals are elected or allowed to run it is a clear conflict of intrest . We already had a circus election in Upshur Co. and the county commission is allowing it again!Im not a fan of Kelley but he was a better candidate than Coffman. Coffman was forced to resign from Lewis Co. Sheriff's office for sexual harrassment one of the womens advocate's employee's. Whats wrong with these counties to allow this crap to continue.How can anyone get fair trial Keadle? For example Coffman gets elected to Sheriff then you can be processed by his son the Magistrate! Fair legal system at its best!!!!!What a joke !!!Please someone investigate these people and their abuse of the electoral process!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
My Thoughts

Buckhannon, WV

#2 Sep 25, 2012
We have two magistrates in Upshur County, so I'm sure that if a situation arose that Coffman would need to present a case to the magistrate, he would use the other one not his son. However it is rare that the sheriff does this it is usually the deputies that do that. The sheriff runs the department. So I really don't see it as a problem at all. I like Mike Kelley and he would have made a good sheriff. Dave Coffman will do a good job as well. There's no abuse or conflict of interest in Coffman running for sheriff. About your accusation of sexual harrassment, do you have proof or is this hearsay? I Wondered how long it would be before someone started this crap up. My vote is for Dave Coffman.
DUH

Fincastle, VA

#3 Sep 25, 2012
Perhaps Citizen2012 - you should check your facts before posting here. Coffman did NOT get fired from Lewis County - he retired. Sounds like some sour grapes on your end - did he give you a ticket, so now you want to smear his name "anonymously".

I agree My Thoughts - our tax dollars pay for 2 magistrates, so any case Coffman brought in (& most of the time it's the deputies doing that, NOT the Sheriff) could go to Adams - no conflict, end of story. What's the big deal?

Kelly would have made a fine Sheriff, but good ole Taylor tried to play the system, and it backfired on HIM. He lost every time he tried to weasle his way onto the ballot, so you can thank him for this mess.

Coffman's lived in Upshur Co. his whole life, and I've never heard anything negative about him (or his son the Magistrate), so he has my vote too!
june

Buckhannon, WV

#4 Sep 25, 2012
Citizen2012 wrote:
Someone explain? How are these counties are allowing the father and son elections to go foward? Lewis Co. is allowing Mike Gissy to run for magistrate and his son Adam Gissy to run for sheriff. Upshur Co. is allowing Dave Coffman to run for sheriff and his son Mike is one of the acting magistrates right now.The county commissions and your circuit judge of both counties should be investigated for running these circus elections. If these individuals are elected or allowed to run it is a clear conflict of intrest . We already had a circus election in Upshur Co. and the county commission is allowing it again!Im not a fan of Kelley but he was a better candidate than Coffman. Coffman was forced to resign from Lewis Co. Sheriff's office for sexual harrassment one of the womens advocate's employee's. Whats wrong with these counties to allow this crap to continue.How can anyone get fair trial Keadle? For example Coffman gets elected to Sheriff then you can be processed by his son the Magistrate! Fair legal system at its best!!!!!What a joke !!!Please someone investigate these people and their abuse of the electoral process!!!
You need to do your research better before running your mouth. It's perfectly legal for both Coffman's to run. And before I'd accuse Dave Coffman of sexual Harassment of which is NOT true... Good try.... You better take care of your own business. There's no sense in running this good man down. Knock it off.

“.May the odds be ever with you”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2012
DUH wrote:
Perhaps Citizen2012 - you should check your facts before posting here. Coffman did NOT get fired from Lewis County - he retired. Sounds like some sour grapes on your end - did he give you a ticket, so now you want to smear his name "anonymously".
I agree My Thoughts - our tax dollars pay for 2 magistrates, so any case Coffman brought in (& most of the time it's the deputies doing that, NOT the Sheriff) could go to Adams - no conflict, end of story. What's the big deal?
Kelly would have made a fine Sheriff, but good ole Taylor tried to play the system, and it backfired on HIM. He lost every time he tried to weasle his way onto the ballot, so you can thank him for this mess.
Coffman's lived in Upshur Co. his whole life, and I've never heard anything negative about him (or his son the Magistrate), so he has my vote too!
Even if the deputies are the ones doing the arrest the sheriff is the ultimate leader. I would feel a little uneasy going before his son as magistrate. Guess, Magistrate Adams will be dong most of the work. Also Coffman has not been elected yet. Sherman Baxa is putting out his signs.
cowboy

Madison, WV

#6 Sep 26, 2012
Stay out of trouble and you won't be going before any magistrate!
1 post removed
Citizen2012

Weston, WV

#8 Sep 27, 2012
Vote for Baxa he has proved his worth!Getting asked to leave a Dept. for mis conduct,maybe politics is not the relm you need to be in Coffman.He has to find easy salary to get back into , oh i thought he was retired June.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Voter

Elkview, WV

#9 Sep 27, 2012
I do vote and will continue to vote. Lots need to go. Just because one member of your family my be or used to be a good law enforcment member does not mean of in the family are. Hell old man Gissy who is running for magistrate in Weston can barely spell his own name. The Coffmans seem to much more educated and qualified but look out Lewis County stuck on the Gissy and Clem Track to BFE.
Voter

Elkview, WV

#10 Sep 27, 2012
How Mag. Adams does not work!
My Thoughts wrote:
We have two magistrates in Upshur County, so I'm sure that if a situation arose that Coffman would need to present a case to the magistrate, he would use the other one not his son. However it is rare that the sheriff does this it is usually the deputies that do that. The sheriff runs the department. So I really don't see it as a problem at all. I like Mike Kelley and he would have made a good sheriff. Dave Coffman will do a good job as well. There's no abuse or conflict of interest in Coffman running for sheriff. About your accusation of sexual harrassment, do you have proof or is this hearsay? I Wondered how long it would be before someone started this crap up. My vote is for Dave Coffman.

Level 7

United States

#11 Sep 27, 2012
Voter wrote:
How Mag. Adams does not work!
<quoted text>
I guess I am a little slow. I don't understand your post "How Mag. Adams does not work"
cooper

Madison, WV

#12 Sep 27, 2012
katniss 641 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I am a little slow. I don't understand your post "How Mag. Adams does not work"
Heck, nothing he says is right.

Level 7

United States

#13 Sep 27, 2012
cooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, nothing he says is right.
Maybe he meant Mrs. Adams doesn't work.
rediculous

Buckhannon, WV

#14 Sep 27, 2012
Someone always has to try and dirty a persons good reputation. Dave Coffman is a good person and will make a good sheriff. Citizen2012 you apparently know the family well since you put a last name on June. Coffman must have given you a ticket or would'nt take you up on a offer. If you live in Weston (your post location) I'd worry about your election over there and not Upshur Counties. Don't try dirtying up our people and our election with your filth.
Curious

Fairfield, VA

#15 Sep 27, 2012
Citizen2012 wrote:
Never had any dealings with Coffman for the record.Although I did hear he was asked to leave the Sheriff Dept. in Lewis Co. due to misconduct and it involved a women who worked for the womens advocate over there. If he didnt, formal caharges were going to be filed!Yes it is a clear conflict the deputies are a direct report to the Sheriff.So someone enlighten me June Coffman as to why he was asked to leave??To anyone who gets arrested by these two sheriff departments if the Gissy's or Coffman are elected ask for a change of venue or let be processed from father to son and then ask for the charges to dropped due to the conflict and it will be. I assure this could tie up the court systems in both counties.Again the county commissions need investigated and the circuit court judge for allowing these circus elections to continue!
That's your problem Citizen, you just HEARD some rumor, you don't KNOW anything. It's sad that political campaigns bring out the meanness in people, esp. when they can hide behind a computer screen. Always someone with an axe to grind - good luck with that! I read Coffman's info., and he has quite a long history in law enforcement and is a lifelong resident, so he should know what's going on in the county.
Since you mentioned it, would be kinda nice to see Adams have to earn her salary and really share the load down there. That's another good reason to vote for Coffman!
Voter 2

United States

#16 Sep 28, 2012
I readon here about this rumor so I called Sheriff Mike Gissy and asked about DavidCoffman, and also spoke to one of the county commissioners, They said Coffman was an excellent Chief Deputy and employee. There was NO truth to this rumor what so ever. There had never been any sexual discrimination complaint, and Coffman retired,(ON HIS OWN) to take Federal Court Security Job in Elkins. So if you want to know the facts just go see or call them to check it out for yourself like I did. This makes me want to back Coffman that much more. I usually do not get involved in politics. But I have had enough with the dirty politics. We have seen enough of that with Taylor! My family and I will be voting for David Coffman.
1 post removed
Citizen2012

Weston, WV

#18 Sep 28, 2012
To voter 2 you asked Gissy he is one of the people I am speaking about,there is nothing ethical about that election and shouldnt be allowed to go forward until one of the Gissy's drop out. Look these people are looking for any easy salary they are not looking at what is fair, just or ethical about any of these elections1
rediculous

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Sep 28, 2012
You are so full of crap. If you live here why are you so worried about Lewis County? Just trying to stir it up somewhere. That's more than obvious from your posts.
2 posts removed
Citizen2012

Weston, WV

#22 Sep 29, 2012
The county comissions need to hold a special session in both Upshur County and Lewis County and make some of these candiates to drop out. If not then the county comissions need investigated as well as these elections.
1 post removed
voter

Buckhannon, WV

#24 Sep 30, 2012
I will bet that all of this crap has been started by Sherman Baxa & his buddy, Steve Abel. The two of them are desperate to keep their name in the spotlight so they will do whatever they can to keep Dave Coffman & Buddy Brady from winning. If that means making us & spreading malicious lies, then so be it.

Smart people don't support Baxa & Abel.
Steve

United States

#25 Sep 30, 2012
Sherman's older than I am he is in his 70's, sick wife. Stay home! Heard he was dirty when he ran against Donnie Tenney, Steve Booth, we see where that got him. I will not vote for him. I do not know Abel but if he is his buddy, I will not vote for him either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tommy Riley Bail $150,000 7 hr truth 8
Megan from the 88 14 hr Big Tipper 1
Jamie Gifford 14 hr itsybitsyspider 1
Black girl lives at the Valley 14 hr Chocolate lover 7
Nanette Corley? 14 hr Just Saying 10
Whoooooooo 17 hr HelloCutie 1
Gloria burr EMT (Nov '15) 17 hr Lmnop 4

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance