Welfare Recipients getting Additiona...

Welfare Recipients getting Additional Benifits for Storm?

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Get Sum

Buckhannon, WV

#1 Jul 30, 2012
The Welfare recipients are getting additional SNAP benefits or Food Stamps, Grub Stubs, Whatever, to help with the loss due the power being off 6/29/12.
Since it was nearly the last day of the month; should they get extra?
Did they really suffer a loss?
And finally:
Do you think that any amount claimed over $100 should be deducted from their monthly benefits each month since it indicates they have been getting a surplus?
Wheres My Food Stamps

Buckhannon, WV

#2 Jul 30, 2012
No I dont think they suffered a loss above the $100 indicated because it was nearly they last day of the month and shouldn't have had much left over.

I don't think they should have received extra unless they can prove a hardship, receipts and pictures.

It's a helping hand, not a way of life. Help should be temporary.
Drug testing
Picture ID whenever the SNAP card is used.
And a total benefit limit for one Child, any more than that you are on your own.
That's how to run it, Poke a rat long enough and they will find a way out of the cage.
Yep! I said It, Most of you are Rat, Maggots.
middle class worker

United States

#3 Jul 30, 2012
SO let me get this straight, we lose power due to a storm. the goverment gives the state funds for the emergency and they decide that the only ones that will bennift from the funds are the welfare/foodstamp grubers? annnnnd dont forget the hidden agencys that so called helped which is just a cover up for the big wigs that cheats us little people daily to fill there pockets. and us working class have to keep on scrapeing by. thanks uncle sam glad to be a productive hard working citizen.
Something

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Jul 30, 2012
Wheres My Food Stamps wrote:
No I dont think they suffered a loss above the $100 indicated because it was nearly they last day of the month and shouldn't have had much left over.
I don't think they should have received extra unless they can prove a hardship, receipts and pictures.
It's a helping hand, not a way of life. Help should be temporary.
Drug testing
Picture ID whenever the SNAP card is used.
And a total benefit limit for one Child, any more than that you are on your own.
That's how to run it, Poke a rat long enough and they will find a way out of the cage.
Yep! I said It, Most of you are Rat, Maggots.
I agree with you 100%, but I would like to add one thing. Let's make them have a meal plan and follow it like the wic program. If that's what their family meal plan is than that's what they have to buy.
WOW

Buckhannon, WV

#5 Jul 31, 2012
I guess none of you have ever been down on your luck. That's great. Not always true for some people, some do have hard times. There are those that use it for a way of life and living, but not all. Things aren't always as they seem either, Just because you see someone use a food card does not mean they are lazy and don't work. They just need alittle extra help to make ends meet. Have a menu to follow... get real. By the way I don't receive assistance, never have and hopfully will never have too, but I know there are some out there that recieve that truely need it. They should not be looked down on. You may find yourselves in these same shoes someday. Then what? Remember there are NO gaurantees in this life.
Benjamin Button

Buckhannon, WV

#6 Jul 31, 2012
WOW wrote:
I guess none of you have ever been down on your luck. That's great. Not always true for some people, some do have hard times. There are those that use it for a way of life and living, but not all. Things aren't always as they seem either, Just because you see someone use a food card does not mean they are lazy and don't work. They just need alittle extra help to make ends meet. Have a menu to follow... get real. By the way I don't receive assistance, never have and hopfully will never have too, but I know there are some out there that recieve that truely need it. They should not be looked down on. You may find yourselves in these same shoes someday. Then what? Remember there are NO gaurantees in this life.
There are indeed "...gaurantees (sic) in this life".
Ninty-nine (99) weeks of federal unemployment payments...SNAP benefits, Free medical / dental benefits, rent subsidies and low income housing benefits, Social Security Supplimental Income (SSI) benefits, re-training educational grants and benefits, to name just a few...oh yeah...50% of citizens pay no income tax and receive addition income from Earned Income Credit benefits (which are not tax refunds,but added supplimental income). So yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause and it is the taxpaying public!!!

There are those who are truely in need and deserve a safety net...but many...including many of those among us who are milking the system and will cointinue to do so unless things change.
Benjamin Button

Buckhannon, WV

#7 Jul 31, 2012
Oh yes...I forgot the "free" cellular phones...certainly a benefit guarenteed under the US Constitution! Must be under the "happiness" clause.
middle class worker

United States

#8 Jul 31, 2012
It seems to me that if the state recieved funds for a state of emergency due to the storm that EVERYONE was hit with, why is it that just the people that get foodstamp benifit from the help. what about our children? they dont count? tell me why the state feels that the working class didnt lose food also. give me a break. and YES I have had help at one time, but I didnt stay on it I became a productive person and got a job and fed my own. I just think that every household should get the same across the board.
WOW wrote:
Jessica

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Jul 31, 2012
WOW wrote:
I guess none of you have ever been down on your luck. That's great. Not always true for some people, some do have hard times.
You know, I moved to Arizona without having a job lined up. That was right after I resigned from the Moore Business Forms plant in Visalia in a fit of pissitivity.

I relied on friends and family to help me make ends meet while I found a job. I celebrated my 25th birthday with grapefruit off the tree in the backyard and a 12-pack of Schaefer, because that was all I could afford.

Things have improved considerably since then.

The point of the backstory is, what ever happened to getting help from those you are close to instead of going on the government dole? My Dad grew up during the Depression, and his parents would have starved rather than take government handouts. They had way too much pride to burden their neighbors with their misfortunes.

I guess pride fell out of fashion about the same time as Sgt. Bilko and hula-hoops.
WOW

Buckhannon, WV

#10 Jul 31, 2012
Benjamin Button wrote:
<quoted text>
There are indeed "...gaurantees (sic) in this life".
Ninty-nine (99) weeks of federal unemployment payments...SNAP benefits, Free medical / dental benefits, rent subsidies and low income housing benefits, Social Security Supplimental Income (SSI) benefits, re-training educational grants and benefits, to name just a few...oh yeah...50% of citizens pay no income tax and receive addition income from Earned Income Credit benefits (which are not tax refunds,but added supplimental income). So yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause and it is the taxpaying public!!!
There are those who are truely in need and deserve a safety net...but many...including many of those among us who are milking the system and will cointinue to do so unless things change.
Those are things that are avaliable but not gauranteed. What if the bottom fell out of all these things? No gaurantee. I'm not trying to argue, I was just posting a thought.
Benjamin Button

Buckhannon, WV

#11 Jul 31, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text> Those are things that are avaliable but not gauranteed. What if the bottom fell out of all these things? No gaurantee. I'm not trying to argue, I was just posting a thought.
Not arguing either...just stating cold hard truth about the current state of affairs. Those services have the "full faith and credit" of the United States of America, which I believe means that until the US goes bankrupt the benefits they receive will keep on coming. Under the current state of the US and world economy, bankruptcy is a real futire option. Then, what will the recipients of largess who have grown dependent do to feed, clothe and house themselves? Life is hard, being incapable of providing for yourself and family is harder. Ready, locked and loaded for the "zombies" who will roam the planet in search of the necessities of survival.
GET REAL

Lost Creek, WV

#12 Aug 1, 2012
A menu?..Really? I can't believe that you all think that just because some one gets SNAP benifits that they should have been out of food at the end of the month.And YES I get SNAP!!Have you ever heard of sales?Most of us people on SNAP hit every sale we can to stock up on food,we learn to stretch what we get,and I can't speak for everyone but some people who do get SNAP also work and also have to buy food with cash,I know I do.NOW I agree 100% with the fact that EVERYONE should have gotten help with what they lost not just SNAP reciepiants(spelling).I don't agree with people getting free cell phones and all that kind of junk.I could get one but I choose not to because I am just grateful for what I do get and don't believe in abusing the system so to speak.I know there are people who do abuse the system BUT NOT everyone does.And yes it would be wonderful if people could rely on family and friends for help,but look around EVERYONE is struggeling!!
Jessica

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Aug 1, 2012
GET REAL wrote:
And yes it would be wonderful if people could rely on family and friends for help,but look around EVERYONE is struggeling!!
You must not have very good family and friends.'Nuff said.
me-just-me

Anmoore, WV

#14 Aug 1, 2012
What the heck does the last of the month have to do with it? Not everyone gets them on the first/last of the month!

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 1, 2012
You conplain about people who get food stamps getting 100.00 for the loss of their food, but don't complain about the rich ripping you off big time in not paying their fair share of taxes etc.. I think we are giving hell to the wrong people. And if you get unemployment you had to have lost your job, by lay off, etc. you don't get it if you quit or most of the time if you get fired. The companies have the upper hand in this.
Benjamin Button

Elkins, WV

#16 Aug 1, 2012
Rainyday Sunday wrote:
You conplain about people who get food stamps getting 100.00 for the loss of their food, but don't complain about the rich ripping you off big time in not paying their fair share of taxes etc.. I think we are giving hell to the wrong people. And if you get unemployment you had to have lost your job, by lay off, etc. you don't get it if you quit or most of the time if you get fired. The companies have the upper hand in this.
Obviously, you have bought into Barrack Obama's "Class Warfare" campaign strategy. Unfortunately, a review of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) records do not compute with Obama's propaganda. For 2009,( paid in 2010) the most recent tax year I could locate on the internet, the IRS calulated tax receipts by percentage of income as follows:

Percent % Total Tax Paid AGI Threshold
On Percent

Top 1% 36.73%$343,927
Top 5% 58.66%$154,643
Top 10% 70.47%$112,124
Top 25% 87.30%$66,193
Top 50% 97.75 $32,396
Bottom 50% 2.25% Income below -$32,396

AGI: Adjusted Gross Income
Source IRS

The 1% of tax payers, "the rich" as you describe them, who you illogically believe are "...ripping you off big time...", pay over 1/3 of federal income tax. The top 50% pay 97.75% of the total income tax bill. So, just how much of your income are YOU contributing to support society? From the anger in your posting, I would believe not much! Most likely in the 2.25% catagory. Try somwething new....use a rational thought process to study the issues, and research on your personal computer the FACTS on an issue before forming an opinion and illustrating your ignorance. Fortunately, as you are anonymous on this site, no one knows your real identity, and point fingers at one who is sadly mistaken on important issues of the day.

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Charleston, WV

#17 Aug 2, 2012
Who pulled your string? Middle class Americans pay the majority of annual tax revenues taken by the federal government. Lower middle pays. 50.5%. Higher middle pays 66.7 %. Households in the top 1% pay a healty 28.1%. I think you much be a Romney man.( Look up what he pays). And I can tell you are a Republican by your name calling and childish behavior. One that probably talks God only on Sundays, looks down on others to make you feel special. Love the trickle down therory, let the rich feel thir cup and when it runs over, if ever, the ones below can have whats left.. Think what you want, you may consider me ignorant, I consider you an ass!!
Hooked on Ebonics

Buckhannon, WV

#18 Aug 3, 2012
Something wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you 100%, but I would like to add one thing. Let's make them have a meal plan and follow it like the wic program. If that's what their family meal plan is than that's what they have to buy.
Absolutely!!! They don't need Pepsi, Coke, Lays or any snack food, And Generic for the rest of their food.
They shouldn't eat better than the people that ar epaying for it!

They shouldn't even be acceppted at convienient store either, that's a waste why pay $3 more because your too lazy to go to Wal Mart.
Besides they have enough convieniences.
Hooked on Ebonics

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Aug 3, 2012
WOW wrote:
I don't mind a offering a helping hand, but there has to be a limit. It is way way out of hand.

I HAVE been down and needed help. I was off of it with in a year. But You can spot the one's that make it away of life,,, They have 5 kids, 9 months apart and $2000 worth of SNAP benifits.

I don't think anyone said a menu, they referred to WIC which only allows you to by nutritious products.
And lets get REAL, If we continue this entitlement mentality; the US will be a third world country and there wont be enough working people and business owners to support everyone.

Is that REAL enough?

It is the abusers that I hate and that is my friend a very very large percentage.
Hooked on Ebonics

Buckhannon, WV

#20 Aug 3, 2012
Rainyday Sunday wrote:
You are incorrect on many levels: You infact DO get unemployeement if you quit in some instances and now it must be Gross misconduct to be fired with out benifits, used to be misconduct alone would disqualify you.
I have seen plenty of people who only work to get fired so they can recieve unemployeement.
I know a person who does it.
The extended unemployeement means you only have to work for a couple a months a year, if that.

The rich people don't concern me because I am not supporting them and most of the "Rich" you are speaking of that don't pay their fair share; donate or give away Billions of dollars per year in order not to pay taxes because they believe that they can better determine where their money is spent. Many of them are charities that ALOT of the people on Foodstanps use as well.

The system is broken when someone who has lived off the taxpayer ALL year can get $3000 or more refund and the average working person who has managed to make $30-$40,000 not only dont get a refund of the money they actually paid BUT have to Pay more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 min Chris 4,200
signs 24 min 77man 13
Strawberry Queen & Teen Queen 1 hr Gale 4
chick with the tattoos 6 hr Who 10
Government shutdown 10 hr AlJackson Jr 1
Buckhannon is a Strawberry Festival SEWER! (May '13) 11 hr Sing Song 14
Donald Wamsley II (Apr '12) 12 hr Gd7fh 19
Overdose at sheetz Mon concerned 25

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web