Martin's for Board of Ed?

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WOW

Buckhannon, WV

#1 Feb 3, 2014
CJ Martin funded and put up the signs for voting "NO" for the levy, and his son Patrick sued the school system (and lost) when he did not get a vending contract. Now Robbie and Patrick are both running for the school board???

First they try to destroy the school system and since that didn't work, now they want to run it. I guess it must be lonely being millionaires that no one likes
Citizen

Elkins, WV

#2 Feb 3, 2014
Glad he has the "GoNads" to fight for what he thinks is right!!!
WOW

Charleston, WV

#3 Feb 3, 2014
He's getting my vote!
Peckerhead

Elkins, WV

#4 Feb 3, 2014
Getting Peckerheads vote too.
Mark

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 3, 2014
They will have my vote! And my family's they are the type of people I think we need in there.
Hey whats the Name

United States

#6 Feb 3, 2014
So you talk Trash about a family that is very good at what they do? are you Jealous they know how to make Money Fast? The Martin's are good for a small town They know everybody They have my Vote Don't Hate on them just because you wanna be them! Vote for them Because They are good people and can damn sure change this town around and make it a better place to live and make our school system better

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7 Feb 3, 2014
CJ Martin & his sons are good people. CJ has worked hard, all of his life & yes, he has money but it's not like he sits on his ass & doesn't work. Also, there isn't one single charity, fundraiser or event in this county that hasn't benefited from some of the Martin Oil donations so if I were you, I would shut the hell up. If CJ's sons have just a little bit of the work ethic that CJ has then they will grow up to be fine men and yes, I will be voting for them in this election. At least we don't read about them doing drugs, stealing &/or hosting underage drinking parties. Can you say the same about your kids & grandkids?
BU Almu

Charleston, WV

#8 Feb 4, 2014
I'm glad they're running. We need some conservatives in our school system! I think it's great that these young men are exercising their right to run.
ILoveGossip

United States

#9 Feb 4, 2014
WOW wrote:
CJ Martin funded and put up the signs for voting "NO" for the levy, and his son Patrick sued the school system (and lost) when he did not get a vending contract. Now Robbie and Patrick are both running for the school board???
First they try to destroy the school system and since that didn't work, now they want to run it. I guess it must be lonely being millionaires that no one likes

Not sure where you're getting that they're millionaires because Robbie and Patrick definitely aren't. Just because there's money in the family doesn't mean it's theirs. They are both fairly successful young men and I believe they would make a wonderful addition and nice change to our education system. Maybe if you would stay off of topix and worry about something other than gossip you wouldn't have to be so bitter of people.
Mjam

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2014
Lol very smart of whoever this is bash the family that owns half of buckhannon and litterly knows everybody and everybody knows them. I think Patrick and Robbie both would do awesome! I'm a close friends of Patricks and no one on here knows the kind of bull crap me and him both went through in our 4 years at that place, we fought teachers, principals, and the superintendent to follow something legally every teacher has to go by for certain students and they refused to do so. maybe a "Martin" being in there is a good change
why

Buckhannon, WV

#11 Feb 7, 2014
Oh my gosh! They would be horrible!!! I really hope you all are not seriously going to vote for them!!! That would be the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen to our school system!!! Holy moly!!! But then again I said the same thing about Obama and the country twice and look what has happened!
Smart Asss

Mannington, WV

#12 Feb 7, 2014
why wrote:
Oh my gosh! They would be horrible!!! I really hope you all are not seriously going to vote for them!!! That would be the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen to our school system!!! Holy moly!!! But then again I said the same thing about Obama and the country twice and look what has happened!
Lets see...saved the country from a major recession, captured Osama Bin Laden, cut over one trillion off the deficit, saved the automobile industry, provide affordable health care for those in need, wall street reform, reversed torture policies, restructured missile defense, and creating next generation school tests ridding the states of "the no child left behind" nightmare. All without little to no help from his constituents....

If they are comparable to Obama they will definitely have my vote.
Hah

Parkersburg, WV

#13 Feb 8, 2014
SmartAsss is a Dumbass! LOL!

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#14 Feb 8, 2014
Please do not compare the Martin men to Obama or you will get them profoundly defeated for sure.

Just like Upshur County has enjoyed the benefit of having someone as intelligent & as much a thinker as Dr Greenbrier Almond, I also think Upshur County Schools would benefit from having younger people on the Board of Education as well.
why

Buckhannon, WV

#15 Feb 8, 2014
xena2 wrote:
Please do not compare the Martin men to Obama or you will get them profoundly defeated for sure.

Just like Upshur County has enjoyed the benefit of having someone as intelligent & as much a thinker as Dr Greenbrier Almond, I also think Upshur County Schools would benefit from having younger people on the Board of Education as well.
But they do not support the upshur county school system! That is what the thread is about. Matter fact, they paid a lot of money to put up all those annoying "vote no to the levy" signs. I really don't think they are anywhere near comparable to Dr. Almond at all!
Mark

Charleston, WV

#16 Feb 9, 2014
I feel differently about it yes I don't like how they didn't support the levy but I have to say they were really strong in what the believed and didn't back down that's more than you can say about anyone on the board they all go with what Alan Suder wants.
Jon Q public

Buckhannon, WV

#17 Feb 16, 2014
Any clowns that didn't support reinstating the current basic school Levy have no business on the school board. These guys want on there to settle the score over the vending contract they lost. Besides the board is helpless unless some of the deadbeat parents in this county actually start taking interest instead of blaming everyone else for their children's short comings and bad behavior.
Friend

Charleston, WV

#18 Feb 17, 2014
These young men will definitely be getting my vote. What a great addition they will be to our board. They are probably more aware than anyone there to exactly what happens inside! Their father has worked hard to succeed, as I am sure they will too in making our schools a success. Because of who they are, and some of the backlash that they have received, I am confident they will work even harder knowing all eyes are on them. They also have a mother who has always believed in the importance of education and has shown her support to our school system in many ways. I am confident if these gentlemen are elected, they will make their parents proud.
Timmy boy

Charleston, WV

#19 Feb 18, 2014
Jon Q public wrote:
Any clowns that didn't support reinstating the current basic school Levy have no business on the school board. These guys want on there to settle the score over the vending contract they lost. Besides the board is helpless unless some of the deadbeat parents in this county actually start taking interest instead of blaming everyone else for their children's short comings and bad behavior.
Jon I have to ask settle the score with who? What are they going to do if they by chance get in there. And honestly what has the martins ever ran into the ground? Or what company or organization have they not tremendously improved? Really?
Jibba

Clarksburg, WV

#20 Feb 18, 2014
Citizen wrote:
Glad he has the "GoNads" to fight for what he thinks is right!!!
Hes not fighting for what is right...you are probably him.

He is trying to destroy our already fragile school system.

He is not fighting to make it better. He is trying to start some hard ass approach by making parents who cannot afford to pay...pay.

Uphsur county is a poor community. It relies on those who can afford it to help those who cant. Its not about handouts and people milking the system. Its about giving opportunities to children of poor families. Its not the kids fault their parents are welfare trash who milk the system. Its about affording a means to help those children break the welfare mould and become productive memebers of society.

They voted no for the levy...im sure the conversations on here against the levy were theirs. They said the parents should pay out of pocket. When almost 80% of a school qualifies for free or reduced lunches...that is a big sign the parents cannot afford to pay for their kids to go to math field day...or play football...or anything else that may give them a shot at going to college and making a better life for themself.

When the rich only want to help themselves...the community as a whole suffers...not just the poor people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missy trusler 20 min Mlt 44
Bobbi browning. 2 hr Friend 7
She's back on the grid 4 hr thejunky 5
WARNING: Trump Voters may find this upsetting! 7 hr Lol 18
Lindsey, devonna, will, Reba, Toni an josh jones 7 hr Sad 13
Chino had Josh and Luke Murdered! (Sep '12) 15 hr Classy 63
3some 16 hr Not yours anymore 8

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance