Mike Kelly disqualified - drops out o...
whatadick

Vienna, WV

#44 Jul 15, 2012
ha ha ha...taylor may have had his five minutes of fame, he will never be sheriff, the committe can go ahead and appoint Mike Kelley as the one chosen on the ballot...people for Taylor are obviously retarded...he's not gonna get anymore than he has right now...his name in the news as second place...and you talking about crooked cops, they prob just busted you for stupid shit...like being a dumbass on Topix...its traceable and a jailable offense for slander so keep on typing dumbass...
Anon

Fairmont, WV

#45 Jul 15, 2012
Same deal with Jody Haller in Babour! Trying to get something done!
Bojangles

United States

#46 Jul 15, 2012
Hallie you truly are an idiot. Go get your welfare check and sudafed so you can cook up a batch cause you got to be on drugs.
Dave

Buckhannon, WV

#47 Jul 16, 2012
friend wrote:
<quoted text>Right or wrong Taylor will always be the person that 60 percent of the people did not want int office. But I guess he doesn't care as long as he gets the job. He didn't win and election to get the job, he slid in on a loophole.
60% of the people did not want Davidson as mayor either but he is in office. He only got elected because he gave all the city employees a raise to get their vote.
If it is ok for Davidson to do something that unethical, it should be ok for Taylor to do it.
hallie

United States

#48 Jul 16, 2012
I have never been in trouble in my life. Just because a person knows right from wrong and doesnt agree with KELLEY being allowed to get by with a crime he should be charged I agree. People who are on here defending him and saying accusing people of beong on the wrong side of the law are taking up for a criminal to. Kelley broke a law he should be punnished just like everyone else who commits a crime.
a voter

Buckhannon, WV

#49 Jul 16, 2012
ALL THE UPSHUR COUNTY VOTERS NEED TO GET LARRY FIDLER ON THE REPUBLICAN BALLOT AND VOTE HIM IN AS ARE SHERIFF FOR UPSHUR COUNTY.
a voter

Buckhannon, WV

#50 Jul 16, 2012
ALL VOTERS OF UPSHUR COUNTY NEED TO GET LARRY FIDLER ON THE REPUBLICAN BALLOT FOR NOVEMBER AND VOTE HIM IN AS ARE SHERIFF OF UPSHUR COUNTY.
a voter

Buckhannon, WV

#51 Jul 16, 2012
AL VOTERS OF UPSHUR COUNTY NEED TO GET LARRY FIDLER ON THE REPUBLICAN BALLOT FOR NOVEMBER AND VOTE HIM IN AS ARE SHERIFF OF UPSHUR COUNTY.
win

Buckhannon, WV

#52 Jul 16, 2012
I AM GOING TO VOTE LARRY FIDLER FOR SHERIFF .

“.May the odds be ever with you”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

United States

#53 Jul 16, 2012
hallie wrote:
Just wait and see what happens. Taylor is going to clean up. Start putting in applications now deputy's
You need to get your information stright. Taylor can not fire the deputies. They are protected under civil service. If he doesn't like them, too bad. Again, Taylor is not sheriff yet. Pity Upshur County when he is.
now who

Charleston, WV

#54 Jul 16, 2012
Tayor won't even be on the ballot in november. The repubican committee is going to put someone else on as republican nominee and others are going to run as independants. Unless Taylor gets his signatures and files as an independant he will not be on ballot. He spends all this money but didn't think of all the outcomes and still won't be sheriff. I love it.
good times

Buckhannon, WV

#55 Jul 16, 2012
Taylor is going to be on the Republican side of the ticket, there can't be a democrat because nobody ran in the primary as a democrat. Therefore anyone that is a republican or democrat cannot run. I believe someone that is already registered as Independent can be a write in candidate, but there is a deadline to be a write in candidate, which has probably already passed.

Since we already had a primary election other candidates cannot just decide to run and be on the ballot, it doesn't work that way, otherwise there wouldn't be a point in a primary election.
Taylor is right

Belington, WV

#56 Jul 16, 2012
We live under a Republic. Which means we live by the laws of this land.(and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God with Liberty and Justice for all.)

If you get 20 people in a room 19 men and 1 woman and the 19 men wanna rape and torture and kill the woman they can't. Know why?

Because its against the law. We don't let MOB rule govern our Republic.

If wanna throw your vote away and vote for Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny, go ahead because they don't qualify either. If 60% of the people wanna vote for Donald Duck and he wins, that does not make him Sheriff. Know why? Because he does NOT Qualify.

Mike Kelley did not qualify to run and even he concedes this fact. He has dropped out of the race because of this. It took guts for Dave Taylor to stand up and do this. You may not like the guy and that's fine but its good to see that he had the courage to see to it that the law was adhered to.

If you wanna change the Hatch Act, then vote the people in who promise to do so. But for now lets all obey the law.
Dave

Buckhannon, WV

#57 Jul 16, 2012
Kelley is staying on until he can retire which means he gets full pay and benefitsd anyway so its not like he is losing money. He knew what he did was against the law but he did it anyway. If a police Officer shop lifts, he goes to jail. The Law is the Law. That is the problem with our police department. They have been aloud to get away with anything they want whether it is lawful or night. Don't believe me. Look back at all the posts complaining about Police Officers. Mike could stay on as Chief Deputy if he wants to but he would have to face the fact he broke the law so instead of facing a judge like the rest of us have to when we break the law, he is going to simply walk away with full pay and benefits the rest of his life
bojangles

United States

#58 Jul 16, 2012
Once again a bunch of idiots who dont know what they are talking about. you say bad things about the people that protect you. You are all scared. Scrared to post your names. Scared someone might bust you in the mouth for your lies. Well cowards one day you will need these fine men you make fun of and ridicule and you better hope they help you when you are wetting yourself sucking your thumb in a corner. I know these guys will be the first to help. Would Taylor or will he be the one in the corner.
tired of it all

Elkview, WV

#59 Jul 16, 2012
we have laws wrote:
Seems Sheriff Taylor was right all along.
Would not count on sheriff taylor.......... He did not win. Not even by default. Should have pulled his shit before getting beat. Now, we have no one running on the ballot.

The republican committe will appoint someone to run. Probably not douchebag dave. HA HA so he is still out in the cold.
tired of it all

Elkview, WV

#60 Jul 16, 2012
hallie wrote:
Just wait and see what happens. Taylor is going to clean up. Start putting in applications now deputy's
Obviously this was written by someone that has no clue what so ever. They are civil service. He cant just come in and fire them. Due process, a piling of different charges, etc. He would need several weeks or months to get enough on anyone to fire them.

Learn the civil service laws and you will then have some knowledge.
youfool

Ardsley, NY

#61 Jul 16, 2012
bojangles wrote:
Once again a bunch of idiots who dont know what they are talking about. you say bad things about the people that protect you. You are all scared. Scrared to post your names. Scared someone might bust you in the mouth for your lies. Well cowards one day you will need these fine men you make fun of and ridicule and you better hope they help you when you are wetting yourself sucking your thumb in a corner. I know these guys will be the first to help. Would Taylor or will he be the one in the corner.
And it says bojangles on your W2 tax form from United States.

Who is calling who a coward? Post your name there dooochebag.

You are the one who does not know what you are talking about.

Speaking of the law if you get on here and start threatening to "bust" people in the mouth, that is a crime that you can serve some jail time for. Will make sure Sheriff Taylor picks you up.

Anyway you have been reported.

“Saving the World in my Pajamas”

Level 9

Since: May 11

Planet XXX

#62 Jul 16, 2012
good times wrote:
Taylor is going to be on the Republican side of the ticket, there can't be a democrat because nobody ran in the primary as a democrat. Therefore anyone that is a republican or democrat cannot run. I believe someone that is already registered as Independent can be a write in candidate, but there is a deadline to be a write in candidate, which has probably already passed.
Since we already had a primary election other candidates cannot just decide to run and be on the ballot, it doesn't work that way, otherwise there wouldn't be a point in a primary election.
I believe that when there are no candidates elected from the primary on either side (which we have right now), the Republican and Democratic committees may appoint a candidate of their choosing. I hope the Republican committee will have sense enough not to put Taylor on the ballot, but strange things happen with elections ALL the time in our little county. If the Republican do decide to place Taylor on the ballot he will lose, if the Democratic committee picks any competent candidate.
Concerned citizen

Fincastle, VA

#63 Jul 16, 2012
You're right Qzoid, and from the info. I was told last week, a VERY qualified candidate will be running as an independent. If he does, Taylor will probably lose 3 to 1, rather than the 2 to 1 whipping he got in May - even IF Taylor is placed on the ballot, which is still up in the air.

Taylor might be an OK person, don't know him, but he certainly lost a HUGE amount of respect in Upshur County by doing this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vandalism at Jawbone Park 16 min really 52
Dr Chua 41 min she 6
Brittany hill? 42 min minde 5
Dave Watson 3 hr Amandapanda 3
kenny warner 3 hr Lmb 3
Shipley 12 hr WomanUp 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 12 hr Just saying 4,194

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buckhannon Mortgages