Black bear seen in Buckhannon

Black bear seen in Buckhannon

There are 10 comments on the The Inter-Mountain story from Sep 28, 2012, titled Black bear seen in Buckhannon. In it, The Inter-Mountain reports that:

Several Buckhannon residents reported seeing a black bear wandering the streets of Buckhannon Thursday morning, but the animal was able to elude capture.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Inter-Mountain.

“.May the odds be ever with you”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2012
Does this mean we will have an urban bear hunt?

Spokaloonian

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday”

Level 7

for a hamburger today.

#2 Sep 29, 2012
katniss 641 wrote:
Does this mean we will have an urban bear hunt?
I would suggest everyone avoid the bear costumes for Halloween.

:^P
Well now

United States

#3 Sep 30, 2012
I saw the pic on the record delta crazy to see a bear on Fayette street
NASCAR

Jane Lew, WV

#4 Oct 1, 2012
It was during the time that early hunting season for bear started . It was probably ran out of the woods by a pack of bear dogs that were wearing GPS collars , being monitored by hunters in 4-wheel drives, four wheelers, talking on c-b radios , cell phones and two-way radios chasing this bear !

Spokaloonian

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday”

Level 7

for a hamburger today.

#5 Oct 1, 2012
NASCAR wrote:
It was during the time that early hunting season for bear started . It was probably ran out of the woods by a pack of bear dogs that were wearing GPS collars , being monitored by hunters in 4-wheel drives, four wheelers, talking on c-b radios , cell phones and two-way radios chasing this bear !
I am an avid hunter, but I have never agreed with using dogs to hunt anything. Walking up to a critter that has been dog run, then shooting it, to me, is not hunting.
Doc

Branson, MO

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Well, hell! Looney, let the
bear run your Ass down and eat you (LOL)
that would be more like huntin!
Lena

Vinton, VA

#7 Oct 9, 2012
Any more bear sightings?

Level 6

Buckhannon

#8 Oct 9, 2012
As it turns out, that was a mistaken sighting, it was really Mrs. Stout on her scooter decked out in her winter coat- and that explains why the police couldn't find her, meaning the police can't find any Stouts-
Dumbass

Weston, WV

#9 Nov 30, 2012
U all are stupid. Stop giving bear hunters with hounds a bad name. Wait there is something big coming in the next year.
paris

Springfield, NJ

#10 Dec 5, 2012
I reported seeing this bear at pringle tree over the summer. They didn't care then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
valley green 15 min Ewwww 21
Skyler reed pregnant? 16 min Stomped 14
James Rollins? 1 hr Childhood friend 3
Chance w 2 hr Blahblah 9
paige tanner 4 hr Discusted 6
does anyone remember Nigel? (Aug '13) 6 hr Eric 10
Island Auto 9 hr Lilcutie 7

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance