Ken Tyler is wonderful for Wesleyan

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wesleyan Fan in Ohio

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Mar 6, 2011
Since Ken Tyler came on the scene at Wesleyan, The Sports teams improved a ton. The football team last fall, The Basket Ball team this year. I am not sure what all exactly has gone on but I follow the website regulary and it looks like he came in, cleaned house of all of the dead weight and kicked some butt. I know he is not coaching the teams but he is responsible for hiring the coaches so he needs some credit there
1 post removed
Pinnell Pollyanna

Fairmont, WV

#3 Mar 26, 2011
You have got to be kidding! Since he arrived on campus the morale in the sports depts. have hit rock bottom - he is so arrorgant and will accept no constructive suggestions of any kind. No too smart that's for sure! You don't build a great college on recruiting half-wit strong guys, which is what he advocates!
wesleyan prof

Williamson, WV

#4 Mar 31, 2011
i have to agree with pinnell i have had business dealings with mr tyler hes the most arrorgant man i have ever met he thinks he knows everything that noone but him has or should have an opion
no name

Buckhannon, WV

#5 Apr 6, 2011
someone is absolutely nuts and has no idea what truly goes on at wesleyan.
WVWC AD

Buckhannon, WV

#6 Apr 6, 2011
Yeah.... Winning... I wish I could steal that license plate. I could get a petition together and get him out of here like Shepherd bball did or I could be happy that he causes title 9 problems by giving the mens basketball team a flat screen tv and video game system.. I really like the fact that the track team that has won championship after championship is now judged by the AD who allows who can attend the meets at Duke and other D1 places because the AD thinks the team will embarrass themselves... I am most unhappy that the school portrays an athletic program that is not what it is supposse to be...The womens soccer teams coach that was amazing left for Ashlnd OH cause of more pay and now the rumor is the softball coach of about 20 years is now leaving for AB cause of Tyler too.... Just my oopinion....

Level 2

Since: May 13

Salem, WV

#7 Apr 10, 2011
Nice to see the truth come about Tyler.

And don't forget about him running off the tennis coach as well. Who happend to put his team in the NCAA Tournament.

All the coaches that were already at Weseleyan before Tyler are ready to jump ship.

They may be winning games...but Tyler is destroying the program from within.

Shepherd ran him off for the same reason...if Wesleyan was smart...they would do the same before he destroys them.
Chuck

Tampa, FL

#8 May 7, 2011
In 19 seasons, Warner owns a record of 734-268-1. During his Bobcat coaching career, Wesleyan has won 17 regular season titles and 15 tournament championships.

That record an success says it all.I find it very unprofessional that a coach that brings so much to a college would be treated with little respect. Bobcat softball brings national attention an students to Wesleyan at a recruiting rate that you could not pay for.For an athletic director to let a person walk around campus an brag that she will have a coaches job an support it tells me a lot. To bring in a new soccer coach at $15000 more than someone that has gave all of his life to Wesleyan also says a lot. For all the programs to be getting new locker rooms an softball which has nothing not to be considered first is a blatant violation of title 9 laws.For an athletic director to come to a conference tournament an not talk to anyone also says it all. Its really sad that a president an Ad would not want a class act leading this program in the national spotlight that its been in.
WESLEYANISAJOKE

Jasper, IN

#9 May 7, 2011
Ken Tyler is the most arrogant human being I have ever dealt with in my life. I am a former athlete of West Virginia Wesleyan College both under the former AD and also Ken Tyler. I lost all respect for Ken Tyler after the firing of Men's Basketball coach Bill Lilly. This decision was based solely on Mr. Lilly's record and that is wrong. Mr. Lilly recruited students first and then athletes and that is all that will succeed in an institution with academic rigor like Wesleyan. Mr. Tyler only cares about himself and his coaches records. He does not care about people and will be the first to screw you over or stab you in the back. What can you expect though, when looking at the administration that hired him?
No fan of Ken

United States

#10 May 9, 2011
Totally agree with Chuck - Ken Tyler is no good for Wesleyan. In a way I wish all of the good coaches would leave and then see what he does. He is an arrogant ass - to put it mildly.
unemployedbythem an

Salem, WV

#11 May 10, 2011
Well...he fired Steve Tierney today...
All Steve did was win the school's first regular season title in 2010...
And gets canned...because he didn't kiss Ken's ass on everything...
Keep at Wesleyan..let Ken run off everyone...
By my count....three coaches have been fired and two have left, and three more long-time coaches want out in the worst way...
Stay classy Ken.
ken tyler is a disgrace

Beverly, WV

#12 May 13, 2011
leave town ken!!! your a jerk....
Wesleyan Alum

United States

#13 May 13, 2011
Everything that is being said about Ken Tyler on this message board in a negative way is a 100% true and then some. Ken(I would address him formally as Mr. Tyler however, he does not deserve that right) is the most pompous arrogant swine to ever disgrace my undergraduate alma matter. Being an athlete for Wesleyan under the previous AD and now the two-faced snake that is Ken Tyler I am completely and utterly disgusted. The fact that the school in which I am proud to have my degree from and take pride in being a graduate of Wesleyan would allow a disrespectful human being to be in charge of something such as athletics is an embarrassment to the school along with previous and future students. Ken recently got rid of the Womens basketball coach whose record was well above par while being competitive on the court and off. Ken is quoted as saying "After an analysis of the program, it was determined that our current situation was no longer a good fit and we have decided to move in a different direction." thats the biggest croc of shit I've heard in a long time. While being an athlete at Wesleyan I had the privilege to play for Mr. Lilly who was subsequently terminated by Ken. If Ken was half the coach let alone man the Mr. Lilly is I wouldn't be writing this. Mr. Lilly was head basketball coach at Wesleyan for a number of years while implementing the most important thing, being a STUDENT ATHLETE. The players were to attend mandatory study halls, a rigorous practice schedule, and be a role model for the children of the community. As stated above by Wesleyan is a joke is a 100% correct. Now I do agree that sometimes change is needed in order to succeed such as the hiring of a new football coach. But did the mens basketball team really need a new locker room with carpets, a leather couch, and an Xbox? Last time I checked we were far from a winning season and a National Championship let alone a WVIAC championship. Just as stated above in the previous posts about the soccer coach and other coaches it is all true. The absolute most disheartening and discerning is that it could be possible that the current women's softball coach might be forced to resign/quit/be forced out by the pompous idiot. Excuse me but President Balch how can you stand for this? Mr. Warner's record speaks for itself and I can say that he did it without the help of the college. I did so happen to attend the Softball conference tournament this year, Ken's pathetic display of his duties as AD made me want to vomit uncontrollably. Along with what Ken is allowing a former player of Wesleyan to try and run off Mr. Warner is even more disgusting. Some facts for everyone, Yes Ken Tyler was forced to leave from AB from a petition. Yes Ken was the only one interviewed for the AD position who accepted it(out of 4 other applicants. And Yes Ken Tyler is ruining my beloved home among the hills. That swine is the 1st person to screw you over, stab you in the back, throw you under the bus, manipulate everything to his own personal benefit. Wesleyan keep at it, it will come back to bite you in the ass. With that being said start talking to Ken's previous players/employers, coaches, or anyone who he has dealt with and Im sure they will all tell you the same thing. That Ken Tyler is the most arrogant, pompous, manipulative weasel that they have ever met. So that leaves the question, President Balch and the board; Is this someone you want representing a prominent academic institution such as Wesleyan??
Wesleyan Alum

United States

#14 May 14, 2011
From my previous post I was wrong on the number of applicants for the AD position. Ken was 1 of 9 applicants.

Level 2

Since: May 13

Moundsville, WV

#15 May 20, 2011
Kudos to Jim Marsh for his point-on letter to the editor in Wednesday's Record Delta about that a-hole Tyler.
john swartz

Spanishburg, WV

#16 May 21, 2011
I would check for secret cameras in the looker room's you never know .
unemployedbythem an

Fairmont, WV

#17 Jun 3, 2011
John Waltz should have made a twitter page about Tyler instead of his admissions counsler.

Waltz and Tyler are still employed by Wesleyan, yet good hard working people are let go.
unemployedbythem an

Grafton, WV

#18 Jun 30, 2011
So the football coach and swimming coach have decided to walk away now too.

Great job Tyler...
half wit harry

Bluefield, WV

#19 Jun 30, 2011
i will take the job both for one pay.
WVWC

Vienna, WV

#20 Jul 22, 2011
Did I here the boys basketball coach has left Wesleyan as well
Money Mogul

New York, NY

#21 Jul 22, 2011
As a former student athlete at Wesleyan, i feel some of you are being too critical of Mr. Tyler. He is not much of a people person, however since he has been at wesleyan he has turned the athletic around for the better. Not fully aware of what he does internally as an AD, but i would have to say he is at least doing his job. Even though I personally am not too fond of Mr. Tyler for certain reasons I'm not disclosing, he is about results and that's all that really matters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacob N 28 min Backwoods 15
Where are all the singles??? 2 hr Whoop 6
Who showers at Grizzly Gym in Maryland? 4 hr showers 8
Reba 7 hr Reba 9
Bobby Williams 8 hr 1974countrygirl 5
Michelle Smith 8 hr 1974countrygirl 25
Valley Grundge worse off 8 hr just curious 18
shooting in hodgesville 9 hr concerned citizen 6

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web