First Prev
of 3
Next Last
crappy cable

Morris, OK

#1 Jan 19, 2013
I swear if my internet crashes again, I'm switching providers. This was like the fourth time tonight. does anyone else have trouble with their service. I've had two techs out here to work on it and SUPRISE the damn thing still isn't working a younger guy named Ben and another older guy named Mike. They were both polite but neither of them fixed my problem is anyone else having this prbolem?

“Can't we all just get along?”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 19, 2013
We use frontier through the telephone they have gotten really good and it's not too expensive!
lulz

Buckhannon, WV

#3 Jan 19, 2013
I have had suddenlink for several years now, and it does go out once in awhile usually around 1-5 am somewhere around there, when i call they say they are doing maintenance doesnt happen very often, but i do get a little aggravated lol! but i am a night owl, so normal people are usually asleep i suppose. anyways when i lived out of town I had Hugesnet. they were one of the only ones that serviced my area they were absolutely horrible! i paid around 300 dollars to get it installed, had an internet usage that i could not go over otherwise the internet would go so slow it wouldnt even load a web page. anyways it all of a sudden stopped working oh they did not bury the wire going into my house just left it on the ground so any animal or anything else could chew it up or something, so they wanted to charge me for them to come see why it was not working, and then if anything needed repaired i would have to pay for that as well (I was paying 100.00 a month just for internet from them yet they wouldnt fix something that was not my fault?) so I cancelled their service the next week I had to sign a 2 year contract when i got it installed which I had to break, so instead of getting something negative on my credit I had to pay the 400.00 early termination fee. about 6 months later after I had moved I got a letter from a lawyer, about a class action lawsuit against them for lying about their service and mis leading customers and over charging and a bunch of other things etc. so I signed it and mailed it back. that was last year sometime about two weeks ago I got a check in the mail from the lawsuit (suprise! I got a whole 5 bucks from it) that company is a total rip off in my opinion. for sudden link i pay around 40 dollars a month can use as much internet as I want, and its not slow so I cant complain to much, also they are local , not sure where you live but maybe that has something to do with it? hopefully you will get it fixed soon or find a better internet company that suits you better. sorry for the long story! but I would not get hughesnet if i was you lol.
lulz

Buckhannon, WV

#4 Jan 19, 2013
oh wow did not know that i typed that much...sorry!

Level 6

Location hidden

#5 Jan 19, 2013
lulz wrote:
oh wow did not know that i typed that much...sorry!
Lol I read it all. I always wondered about Hughes net so glad I didn't sign up for that I have the Internet bundled into my phone and I pay 86 bucks a month unlimited long distance unlimited Internet call waiting voicemail and so many more features ect.. Whole nine yards so really not too bad for 86 bucks a month

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Buckhannon

#6 Jan 20, 2013
Did anyone notice how all the upper tier channels on the expanded basic cable last night went blurry and the audio was choppy? A car must have hit a power pole in Huntington or something- they seem to have an excuse for everything. And they sure don't listen to what people really want to receive in the lineup- those suggestions fall totally upon deaf ears.
Gee Whiz

Fairmont, WV

#7 Jan 20, 2013
Too expensive !!!!
1 post removed
lulz

Buckhannon, WV

#9 Jan 20, 2013
Gee Whiz wrote:
Too expensive !!!!
I dont think its that over priced, I have phone internet and cable through them and i pay around 130.00 a month..I also have extra channels so that made the price go up a bit (HBO, Max, Showtime, Sports package channels) And I have the DVR boxes so I think they charge a fee for those as well not completely sure though.

Level 6

Location hidden

#10 Jan 20, 2013
lulz wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think its that over priced, I have phone internet and cable through them and i pay around 130.00 a month..I also have extra channels so that made the price go up a bit (HBO, Max, Showtime, Sports package channels) And I have the DVR boxes so I think they charge a fee for those as well not completely sure though.
R u talking about sudden links? If so when the cable goes out so does your phone!
meme

Williamson, WV

#11 Jan 20, 2013
they pissed me off today i got a bill for sixty dollars and all i have is internet with them
lulz

Buckhannon, WV

#12 Jan 20, 2013
A1CaRs wrote:
<quoted text>
R u talking about sudden links? If so when the cable goes out so does your phone!
Yes suddenlink, I rarely use the house phone I have a cell with unlimited everything so I use that 99% of the time. Like I said before my cable internet and phone hardly ever go out, on occasion the internet will go out between 2-5 am but its just for maintenance and its back on after that. I mostly have a house phone for my fax machine because I have to fax alot of things out for work. Maybe I'm lucky that mine doesnt go out often? But honestly I have not had many problems with them, Maybe because I live close to town or something. Even when the power went out a few times last year for days I have a generator and plugged my tv and cable box into it and was able to watch tv for something to do to pass the time. Also I rarely watch TV..maybe I'm just weird..haha I hate commercials and get tired of most of the shows they put on these days. Sorry again for the long post! lol. I dont work for the cable company or anything btw lmao. Just something I can comment about and its not a thread bashing a persons name and reputation which is nice! Have a good day A1CaRs :)
just sayin

Morris, OK

#13 Jan 20, 2013
A1CaRs wrote:
<quoted text>
that may be true, but if something happens to your phone lines with frontier your internet and phone go out, so as far as that goes your point's pretty much invalid.

Level 6

Location hidden

#14 Jan 20, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
that may be true, but if something happens to your phone lines with frontier your internet and phone go out, so as far as that goes your point's pretty much invalid.
I have never lost my telephone not once just saying!

Level 4

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 20, 2013
I've had Frontier for..well before it was Frontier,I guess I should say I have had my stuff through the phone company for around 8 years I think,the only time I have ever lost both internet and phone was in June when a tree took my line down,Now my phone has gone in and out but I have always had internet,and the longest I had to wait for them to fix it was also in June and it was only 1 week,considering how swamped they were I'm not complaining. Seems like everyone that I know who has service through Suddenlink though never seems to have a phone,they are always having to reset something.I like Frontier :)
Melanie

Parkersburg, WV

#16 Jan 20, 2013
I have phone/internet/and cable including HBO and my bill is almost $200. Someone on here said they had the same thing for $130. Now i feel like i'm gettin ripped off. But all in all i'm pretty happy with the service. Here is my issue however. I have never received a bill. I always just go to the office and give them my name to pay my bill. But i would like to see my bill, to see a break down of my charges every month. Every time i pay my bill i tell them about me not receiving any bills in the mail. They blame it on the post office. I have called the VIP number twice and the blame it on the post office too. Now look, i DO get their promotional flyers every once in a while and the free movie vouchers. I was once late with my payment and i DID receive a cut off notice. I get the rest of my bills via the mail, and i order from ebay all the time and always get my stuff, so i know it is not the post office withholding my cable bill. Why would they? Yet when i talk to Suddenlink about it they act like it's a mystery and they swear they are sending me a bill every month. Are ya'll receiving bills in the mail from them? Cause i have pretty much decided they are lying to me. I have had them for a year and a half and in that whole time i have never received a bill. It's frustrating.

Level 4

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 Jan 20, 2013
Melanie wrote:
I have phone/internet/and cable including HBO and my bill is almost $200. Someone on here said they had the same thing for $130. Now i feel like i'm gettin ripped off. But all in all i'm pretty happy with the service. Here is my issue however. I have never received a bill. I always just go to the office and give them my name to pay my bill. But i would like to see my bill, to see a break down of my charges every month. Every time i pay my bill i tell them about me not receiving any bills in the mail. They blame it on the post office. I have called the VIP number twice and the blame it on the post office too. Now look, i DO get their promotional flyers every once in a while and the free movie vouchers. I was once late with my payment and i DID receive a cut off notice. I get the rest of my bills via the mail, and i order from ebay all the time and always get my stuff, so i know it is not the post office withholding my cable bill. Why would they? Yet when i talk to Suddenlink about it they act like it's a mystery and they swear they are sending me a bill every month. Are ya'll receiving bills in the mail from them? Cause i have pretty much decided they are lying to me. I have had them for a year and a half and in that whole time i have never received a bill. It's frustrating.
If you have your account number and PIN number you can create an online account at their website suddenlink.com and view and/or pay your bill there...hope this helps.
bubbles

Morris, OK

#18 Jan 20, 2013
suddenlinks great and the techs are crazy sexy!!
all exept that one guy, tim
Gee Whiz

Fairmont, WV

#19 Jan 20, 2013
bubbles wrote:
suddenlinks great and the techs are crazy sexy!!
all exept that one guy, tim
. Did he bust your Bubble ?

Location hidden

#20 Jan 22, 2013
tht bens 1 sexy guuy 2 bad his wives a bitch

“.May the odds be ever with you”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

United States

#21 Jan 22, 2013
I have had my service thru U S Cellular and have never had a problem. Download are as fast or faster then when I had cable. If you get cell phone service you can get internet service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brianna Moreland 2 hr Whoa 1
Pizza Hut (Jun '12) 2 hr Moon Dog 22
Coming to your town 4 hr XSpider 11
River place apartments 5 hr Mee 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr The Last Warrior ... 1,480
What about C Hall 11 hr Curious 5
News Drug sweep nets 12 arrests in Upshur County 13 hr Martha 7

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance