Buckhannon Road Paving
What is this

Buckhannon, WV

#1 Sep 26, 2012
What on earth is going on with the paving on Kanawha? It's so shoddy and horrible. Is this just some temporary thing? Or another one of Buckhannon's finest at work?
SPR

Buckhannon, WV

#2 Sep 26, 2012
I think it's a work in progress. When finished I'm sure it will be nice.

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Buckhannon

#3 Sep 26, 2012
What is this wrote:
What on earth is going on with the paving on Kanawha? It's so shoddy and horrible. Is this just some temporary thing? Or another one of Buckhannon's finest at work?
It's a state highway, state project- not the City's doing-

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#4 Sep 26, 2012
Preparation for winter,It will be over soon...believe me, we all fed up with it, but it will be nice, and smooth riding when done. It needed fixed anyhow, kinda glad its getting done
What is this

Buckhannon, WV

#5 Sep 26, 2012
Any ETA on when it will be done? It was stripped for days, now it's all patchy with huge bumps and drops everywhere... Uhg. My car is not liking this.
roadrunner

Kerens, WV

#6 Sep 26, 2012
take another route!
SPR

Buckhannon, WV

#7 Sep 26, 2012
Mine either. Hang in there. Surely it won't be too much longer. When finished our cars as well as us will be saying....awwww this is nice.
True story

Buckhannon, WV

#8 Sep 26, 2012
roadrunner wrote:
take another route!
...out of town to clarkburg? I can take 20 or 33. The road is messed up getting to both, unless I head 10 minutes east out of town first.
roadrunner

Kerens, WV

#9 Sep 26, 2012
all I am saying is, if you do not want to drive on the rough road while they are working to make it a smooth road, you either go another way and save some wear and tear on your car, or just put up with the rough road for a while. We have to take the bad to get the good!
Pppssttt

Ardsley, NY

#10 Sep 26, 2012
Let's not complain. If they weren't doing it, by the time Winter is over, it would be much worse. Thankfully, it IS being done now.
Complaint Not

Newburg, WV

#11 Sep 26, 2012
Wow, you people absolutely amaze me! Is any one ever happy? My goodness, they are even working at night in efforts to keep down traffic congestion. Progress takes time and it is time we get some new highways. I can't believe anyone would have the motivation to complain about us getting a completely renovated highway! I am just astonished by how ignorant people are. Go a different direction, everyone knows that the road work is being done!
MOE

Jane Lew, WV

#12 Sep 26, 2012
Complaint Not wrote:
Wow, you people absolutely amaze me! Is any one ever happy? My goodness, they are even working at night in efforts to keep down traffic congestion. Progress takes time and it is time we get some new highways. I can't believe anyone would have the motivation to complain about us getting a completely renovated highway! I am just astonished by how ignorant people are. Go a different direction, everyone knows that the road work is being done!
. Well said ! Next they will be complaining after it is newly black topped that there are no center lines !
yep

Buckhannon, WV

#13 Sep 26, 2012
so true.
About that

Buckhannon, WV

#14 Sep 27, 2012
MOE wrote:
<quoted text>. Well said ! Next they will be complaining after it is newly black topped that there are no center lines !
Except the OP was just asking about the state of the roads. They were pretty much in the same state two days in a row.

I for one would just like to see a timeline. Information is good, is it not? Or did all that go out the window?
July

United States

#15 Sep 27, 2012
It is a pain now, but will be worth the wait...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby Williams 50 min Info 1
mindy rigby 1 hr Amanda 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr They Live 1,286
Valley Green Drug Bust 5 hr Lala 30
GW Moran 6 hr Joe 12
Gred dukes address 6 hr Shawn Marie Bell 29
New restaraunt 7 hr Rock cave man 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buckhannon Mortgages