First Reading of Urban Deer Hunt Ordi...

First Reading of Urban Deer Hunt Ordinance Passes in Buckhannon

There are 26 comments on the WDTV Bridgeport story from Jul 25, 2011, titled First Reading of Urban Deer Hunt Ordinance Passes in Buckhannon. In it, WDTV Bridgeport reports that:

A number of cities have been looking into ways to curb the growing deer population in our state, and now Buckhannon is as well.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDTV Bridgeport.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Einstein

Buckhannon, WV

#1 Jul 27, 2011
The only thing that Kenny Davidson needs to be hunting is the way out of City Hall.

He is the poorest excuse of a Mayor that our town has seen in decades & I only pray that during the next election, the voters are smart enough to vote him out.

In fact, if there was a way to do it, we need to give him back to the village that is missing it's idiot. We have more than enough here!

I think the only reason Kenny wants an Urban Deer Hunt is because that is the ONLY way that he might be able to get one.

It's a damned shame that our town is coming to this.

“Saving the World in my Pajamas”

Level 9

Since: May 11

Planet XXX

#2 Jul 27, 2011
After reading his statements in the Record Delta, I do not think that the mayor thinks things through at all.

They mentioned hunting in the city park woods and letting people set up their stands there. Those woods have been used for a shortcut by kids for years and years. There are children cutting through there (even when the park is out of season) from the Shawnee Drive area and vice versa.

They also made a statement that they may have to make an ordinance to make it illegal to feed deer within the city limits if hunting does not thin out the population. Why not try the no-feeding idea first?
HAHA

Buckhannon, WV

#3 Jul 27, 2011
If a kid looks like a deer something wrong.

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Jul 27, 2011
They could make an ordinance but most people who feed deer wont care about it. They will still do it pay the fine if they need to and go right back to it.

The thing in the paper must have been written a few weeks ago because it has since came out that they took city park out of consideration for hunting area.

I'm neither for or against the ordinance as it doesnt effect me either way but if it does pass not everyone can just go out and do it. You will need to go to a class and pass a test to show you know what the rules are and that you can shoot a bow.

People who usually shoot deer with an arrow and only injure it are people who just take a bow out and think they can do it without practicing to know they can do it or not.
local

United States

#5 Jul 27, 2011
The only thing more stupid than the urban deer hunt is the 4 way traffic stops.

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 28, 2011
I also think this is absurd! I would rather have a high deer population than people in my neighborhood "hunting".
eat more deer

Hillsboro, WV

#7 Jul 28, 2011
peta

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Curious

Buckhannon, WV

#8 Jul 28, 2011
I have heard that it's only the Mayor & a couple of his buddies that are wanting to hunt the deer. That's a damn shame. Sounds to me like the "honorable" Mr Davidson doesn't have an honorable bone in his body.

He also comes across as sounding like those City Boys who go on hunting trips out west to places like Montana & Wyoming where, for a big fee, you can "hunt" animals that are kept in herds on farms for just that purpose.

IMO any person who does that is a pathetic excuse for a human being.
ste

Buckhannon, WV

#9 Jul 30, 2011
Is anyone going to try to do anything to stop this from happening? What can we legally do?

Level 9

Planet XXX

#10 Jul 30, 2011
My suggestion is for everyone that is opposed to this to put one of those small bright orange "No Hunting" sign in their front lawns. It would make a statement....especially up and down Kanawha Street.
Bambi

Buckhannon, WV

#11 Jul 30, 2011
Someone is passing a petition around. My friend was asked to sign it at work.

I also love the "No Hunting" sign idea.

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

United States

#12 Aug 7, 2011
I have not seen enough deer in city limits to even be worrying about this. Just another reason for the rednecks to get to hunt more deer for a longer time frame. Just something else to keep their minds off the work that really needs done.
DEER ORDINANCE

Buckhannon, WV

#13 Aug 8, 2011
If you want to stop it, be at CITY HALL this THURSDAY, AUGUST 11TH, at 7:00 P.M. & BE PREPARED TO SPEAK OUT!!!
Curious

Buckhannon, WV

#14 Aug 11, 2011
Is anyone from this board going to the meeting?

Level 9

Planet XXX

#15 Aug 11, 2011
The urban deer hunt proposal has officially been taken off the table. It was a stupid idea in the first place.
Curious

Buckhannon, WV

#16 Aug 11, 2011
I'm just happy that it's over.

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#17 Aug 12, 2011
That's good news!
is it

Buckhannon, WV

#18 Aug 15, 2011
Is Elissa Mills - who they mention in the paper as being against the Deer Ordinance, is her husband the one who ran for City Council & lost?
1 post removed
Truth

Salem, WV

#20 Aug 16, 2011
the only thing i have to say to peta people get a job worry about your self leave us real americans alone we love what we do so we should not have to any of you bitchin about the deer eating your shrubs
viewer

Buckhannon, WV

#21 Aug 16, 2011
Truth wrote:
city council find some one who can give them good advice not shon butler who cant even hold a job with the state an is sure not guide he sucks the only thing he needs to worry about is his marriage i hear sucks at it to
I've always heard that one is judged by the company that one keeps. That said, anyone who is found to be keeping company with a criminal like Shon Butler deserves everything that is coming their way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bw3 5 min holly allbright 2
Police always over - Why 12 min holly allbright 5
Why I worship Satan, (Nov '12) 34 min Kdregan 295
chick with the tattoos 3 hr Idontknow 14
Does anyone know him. 4 hr Xxxyyyzzz 8
Angie White is full of it 5 hr Truth 29
Millie 6 hr Gale 2
teacher arrested (Dec '11) 8 hr Buttercup 40
Protesters at BUHS Graduation 8 hr Gale 10

Buckhannon Jobs