CJ Martin to buy the Steak House

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Local Man

Buckhannon, WV

#1 Jul 27, 2011
Rumor has it that CJ Martin is going to buy the Steak House and turn it into an office building. The service has been horrible there lately and the owners family does not want to run it but only get money from it so Mike is going to sell it while he can.
Well

Waynesboro, VA

#2 Jul 27, 2011
CJ's got the $$$ to buy it.
Then agian

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Jul 27, 2011
Why would he want anything within city limits? He doesn't sell anything retail, I would avoid paying extra costs by staying out of the city. He may have other reasons, only he knows. I sure don't?
Just a girl

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jul 27, 2011
I love CJ

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5 Jul 27, 2011
I also heard the steak house is closing, but nothing about it becoming an office building. It is an excellent location for a restaurant...but, it would have to be a decent one to stay in business. Although, I honestly don't know how the steak house has survived thus far.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 27, 2011
I completely disagree. I have been there twice in the past two weeks and can honestly say I have had the best steaks ever! And as far as service... The young man, who is the owners son, was excellent!!!! It's refreshing to see such a young man doing good, as opposed to the wastes who hang out at the skate park all day

Since: Jun 11

Jane Lew, WV

#7 Jul 27, 2011
Well, audra's is gone,then the Old Mill, now, the Steak House. Zick's you better expand and get ready, and don't go out of business. The last family style restaurant in town. OH NO! And for health reason, I can't eat Mexican and Kay's is to far to travel. Guess I'll have to cook.

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8 Jul 28, 2011
Strap68 wrote:
I completely disagree. I have been there twice in the past two weeks and can honestly say I have had the best steaks ever! And as far as service... The young man, who is the owners son, was excellent!!!! It's refreshing to see such a young man doing good, as opposed to the wastes who hang out at the skate park all day
It has been a few months since I have been there, and YEARS before that. So, maybe it has taken a turn for the better in the past couple of weeks. I can only speak from my personal experience, but the last time I was there, there were people in the back SCREAMING at each other, the profanity was absurd for a place where there were children. Also, the food on the buffet was dried out and barely edible. No matter, I wish the owner and his children the best of luck...maybe things have changed.
tb

Kerens, WV

#9 Jul 28, 2011
Why would he want that nasty place when he has great oil field companys leasing his buildings and I don't for see any oil company wanting to be in down town Buckhannon just a thought ...... Oh wait that's right I think peak is looking for somewhere
1 post removed
D Oh Dbl G

Elkins, WV

#11 Jul 28, 2011
I'd like to see an Italian place too... A man can only eat so many BuriChimFajenello's per week... :)
Hope

Buckhannon, WV

#12 Jul 29, 2011
I sure hope this is true I'd love to see a good italian restaurant here. If it is only a rumor, well I hope they are looking here. It would be a great idea.
hum

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Jul 29, 2011
owners son not such a good guy,my classmate is dead because of him in 1980. Ask him what drinking does.
well

Fairmont, WV

#14 Jul 29, 2011
hum wrote:
owners son not such a good guy,my classmate is dead because of him in 1980. Ask him what drinking does.
You are going to judge a man based off of a dumb decision made almost 30 years ago? Pathetic.
NOPE

Clarksburg, WV

#15 Jul 29, 2011
It is not PATHETIC when you get behind the wheel drunk you are at fault no matter what age or stupid reason.
Cookie

Elkins, WV

#16 Jul 30, 2011
It would be a great place for a Cracker Barrel!
well

Fairmont, WV

#17 Jul 30, 2011
NOPE wrote:
It is not PATHETIC when you get behind the wheel drunk you are at fault no matter what age or stupid reason.
Yes, he was at fault and I'm sure he won't deny that. I'm sure he went through a lot of pain and that incident changed him from the KID he was then. Let me guess you judgmental people are some of Buckhannon's finest Christians. Leave those decisions to god and worry about your own character.
1 post removed
DIner

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Jul 31, 2011
It's official, Steer Steakhouse closed today. Evidently it is part of the Estate that needs to be settled.
Old news

Beverly, WV

#20 Aug 7, 2011
CJ Rylands not Martin
BBQ

Jersey City, NJ

#21 Aug 31, 2011
We need a BBQ joint!! Would love to see another family ran restaurant! No more chains!! Just good simple BBQ!

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#22 Aug 31, 2011
A couple years ago there was a BBQ place wanting to come to town from philippi or elkins or something. There were rumors that the guy wanted it set up to where if the business failed he wasn't out anything on his end after that all news about it just died out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WARNING: Trump Voters may find this upsetting! 1 hr Lol 18
Lindsey, devonna, will, Reba, Toni an josh jones 1 hr Sad 13
She's back on the grid 2 hr junky 3
Missy trusler 4 hr Jussaying 40
Valley green 8 hr Imagine that 3
Lowe's Home Improvement 9 hr Does he know 9
Chino had Josh and Luke Murdered! (Sep '12) 9 hr Classy 63

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance