“Can't we all just get along?”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Apr 10, 2013
Just read that they cancelled Buckwild! It says that there is a special that was taped a while back that will be aired but after that nothing.
news

Salem, WV

#2 Apr 10, 2013
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter late Tuesday, Williams, who manages most of the cast members and produces the show, took particular aim at MTV for pulling the plug midway through filming on the second season.

"This is the network that has shows about teen pregnancy. They'll stick by a show that allows you to abandon a child, but a kid dies by accident doing what he does for a living [mudding] and they cancel the show?” he fumes.“There's something that smells of s--- here on every level."

Reps for MTV could not immediately be reached for comment.

News of the show’s cancellation comes a week or so after Gandee, 21, was found dead April 1 in his vehicle, along with his uncle and a friend, after going off-roading, or “mudding,” on a remote road in West Virginia. The local sheriff’s office ruled the death was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. The network had suspended production as it considered whether to continue with the hit series, which was intended to fill a void left by one-time juggernaut Jersey Shore.

According to Williams, his Beverly Hills-based Parallel Entertainment along with production company Zoo Productions were informed Friday that MTV would be moving forward with the series. At that time, the network had four episodes in the can and was planning to shoot four more plus a special dedicated to Gandee to kick off the season. But Williams says MTV brass followed up Tuesday with a different message for the show’s producers: The network had opted to cancel the series instead.

“There was no explanation,” he says, still bewildered. He adds that the cast, which had planned to come to Los Angeles for the MTV Movie Awards this weekend, had not been informed of the news. The network is expected to formally announce the show’s cancellation Wednesday morning. A special, which was shot before Gandee’s death and was produced by an outside production company, is still expected to air.

Williams, who manages eight of the show’s cast members, including Gandee, does not intend to move on to other projects. In fact, he suggests that he will continue shooting the series and will look to produce a Buckwild film, which he would self-finance if need be. "My job is to protect these kids,” he tells THR, adding:“This will get ugly.”
John Galt

Buckhannon, WV

#3 Apr 10, 2013
news wrote:
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter late Tuesday, Williams, who manages most of the cast members and produces the show, took particular aim at MTV for pulling the plug midway through filming on the second season.
"This is the network that has shows about teen pregnancy. They'll stick by a show that allows you to abandon a child, but a kid dies by accident doing what he does for a living [mudding] and they cancel the show?” he fumes.“There's something that smells of s--- here on every level."
Reps for MTV could not immediately be reached for comment.
News of the show’s cancellation comes a week or so after Gandee, 21, was found dead April 1 in his vehicle, along with his uncle and a friend, after going off-roading, or “mudding,” on a remote road in West Virginia. The local sheriff’s office ruled the death was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. The network had suspended production as it considered whether to continue with the hit series, which was intended to fill a void left by one-time juggernaut Jersey Shore.
According to Williams, his Beverly Hills-based Parallel Entertainment along with production company Zoo Productions were informed Friday that MTV would be moving forward with the series. At that time, the network had four episodes in the can and was planning to shoot four more plus a special dedicated to Gandee to kick off the season. But Williams says MTV brass followed up Tuesday with a different message for the show’s producers: The network had opted to cancel the series instead.
“There was no explanation,” he says, still bewildered. He adds that the cast, which had planned to come to Los Angeles for the MTV Movie Awards this weekend, had not been informed of the news. The network is expected to formally announce the show’s cancellation Wednesday morning. A special, which was shot before Gandee’s death and was produced by an outside production company, is still expected to air.
Williams, who manages eight of the show’s cast members, including Gandee, does not intend to move on to other projects. In fact, he suggests that he will continue shooting the series and will look to produce a Buckwild film, which he would self-finance if need be. "My job is to protect these kids,” he tells THR, adding:“This will get ugly.”
Well, addicted,and mindless cretins who continue to mourn the loss of Shain "Mud-Dude" Gandee...hope after reading the above post you can look behind the curtain and see Williams, the producer of "Buckwild", and manager for eight of the show's cast members, for what he really is! A bloodsucking, greedy, asswipe, whose only interest is in maintaining a constant flow of cash into his already bulging bank account. Do you really think he cares about the cast member-morons who allow themselves to be manipulated by Williams in return for their "fifteen minutes of fame"?(Sorry boys and girls, but you'll have to return to your dreary, sad, singularly unimpressive lives. Simply put..."get a life, shit-for-brains"!If Williams cared so much, he would have paid for Shain's funeral, rather then allow it to turn into a circus, complete with the "clowns" who were his, Shain's, co-stars. Good God. Where do you find such ironclad idiots)? Most likely he has insurance on all his clients, and profited from Shain's untimely, but under the circumstances, most over-hyped demise.
Williams states "My job is to protet these kids". When he should have said "My job is to protect my investment in this show and the brain-dead hicks that the mindless viewers believe are so cool!
Have to give MTV credit...they realized how much this show, and all those connected with it, were / are, just a collection of mouth-breathing,self-absorbed children. Sad really. Hope all you dedicated viewers don't suffer extreme redneck withdrawel. I'm certain that some other mindless reality show will soon take Buckwild's place, and "Gandee Candy" will just be a forgotten wad of chewing gum along the backroad of life.
news

Salem, WV

#4 Apr 10, 2013
Shain Gandee was the breakout star during the first season of MTV's "Buckwild." So it is no surprise that the producers of the series have come forward to help pay for the reality star's funeral.

Friends told TMZ on Tuesday that Gandee's family was having a hard time coming up with money for a funeral, so they were staging a charity "mud run" -- an off-road competition -- to help raise funds.

But now the producers behind the series have decided to cover the cost of the funeral, TMZ reported.

Parallel Entertainment CEO J.P. Williams, who produces the show with Zoo Productions, told TMZ: "Shain was a great kid with a big heart who had endless love for his mom and dad. I am from West Virginia and this show reminded me of how I grew up."

Gandee was found dead on Monday, along with two other bodies, in a Ford Bronco at the end of a long dirt road in Sissonville, Ky.

The three men died of carbon monoxide poisoning, The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement sent to FOX 411.

"The manner of death is accidental and the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning for all three subjects," the statement read.

The victims' bodies have been released to funeral homes, and TMZ reported a public service for the "Buckwild" star will be held on Sunday.

Kanawha County Commission Cpl. B.D. Humphreys said the body of Shain's uncle, David Gandee, 48, was also in the vehicle.The MTV reality star and his uncle had been reported missing on Sunday.

The third body was identified late Monday as that of Donald Robert Myers, 27, another Sissonville area resident.

Humphreys said the red-and-white 1984 Ford Bronco's muffler was below the surface and that mud covered the passenger side.

In lieu of the incident, MTV told FOX411 that the filming of the show's second season, which began a week ago, has been suspended.

“We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident," MTV said in a statement to FOX411. "We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.”

"Buckwild" premiered on MTV in January and follows nine friends in Sissonville and Charleston, West Virginia. Shain was nicknamed "Gandee Candy" by fans of the show. Many of the series' rowdy exploits were his idea. In one episode, he turned a dump truck into a swimming pool.

Gandee was a true outdoorsman, shedding modern conveniences such as cell phones and computers for his proud redneck ways. He loved to hunt, ride all-terrain vehicles and go "mudding," or offroad driving. He went mudding in the show's first episode and ruined his pickup truck's motor.

"Shain always rides with these kids in four-wheelers and trucks," said a neighbor, Swanna Frampton, who had known him since he was a small child. "They were just out riding and having a good time."

Frampton said Gandee "loved to live and have fun. He was a great person. He did what (the show) wanted him to do, but he wasn't like that. He was a real person. If you needed help, if needed something, he would come help you no matter what."

Kanawha County Commission President Kent Carper said the news of Gandee's death was devastating for the small community near Charleston.

"It's a very sad day for the Sissonville area and for these families," he said. "This is a small community, and most of us know directly members of these families. We're keeping them in our hearts and prayers."

The half-hour series, which took up the old "Jersey Shore" time slot on MTV, was pulling in an average of 3 million viewers per episode since its premiere and was the No. 1 original cable series on Thursday nights among 12- to 34-year-olds.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

1 post removed
news

Salem, WV

#6 Apr 10, 2013
MTV will be airing a tribute special to celebrate Shain Gandee on Sunday at 8 p.m. The tribute will be a special titled 'Buckwild: WV to the NYC.' The special was shot before production began on season two, according to MTV.com .

MTV decided to run the special with the support of Shain Gandee's parents, Dale and Loretta Gandee. In addition, MTV will air the entire first season of 'Buckwild' on Sunday prior to the tribute special.
PromQueen

Elkins, WV

#7 Apr 10, 2013
Stupid show. Glad it's over.
Yep

Cuba, NY

#8 Apr 10, 2013
If you don't like the show why comment on it?? Don't like it don't watch it.. its that simple
2 posts removed
hmm

Elkins, WV

#11 Apr 11, 2013
Guess WV was just too wild for MTV. Don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.
Mudder

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Apr 15, 2013
If you go muddin, don't you make sure your exhaust pipe is clear? How stupid can you be? No brain, no pain.
magic school bus

Buckhannon, WV

#13 Apr 15, 2013
Darwinism at its best .
moon pie

Buckhannon, WV

#14 Apr 19, 2013
Heard they are looking to film a new series in the kitchen at Maromas !
SumChick

Fairmont, WV

#15 Apr 19, 2013
Can you have the decency not to disrespect a young man who is dead!!?? You are also disrespecting his family and WVians. I was proud of the show. It was good to have representation for this wonderful state other than the White family! WVians are fun, friendly and kinda wild! I thought they did a good job of showing how young people live here. Shain Gandee was a sweetheart. And, with alcohol AND carbon monoxide in their systems, probably made it harder for them to think clearly enough to check the tailpipe! So shut up BUCKWILD haters!

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Buckhannon

#16 Apr 19, 2013
SumChick wrote:
Can you have the decency not to disrespect a young man who is dead!!?? You are also disrespecting his family and WVians. I was proud of the show. It was good to have representation for this wonderful state other than the White family! WVians are fun, friendly and kinda wild! I thought they did a good job of showing how young people live here. Shain Gandee was a sweetheart. And, with alcohol AND carbon monoxide in their systems, probably made it harder for them to think clearly enough to check the tailpipe! So shut up BUCKWILD haters!
Proud? That's a bit overstated don't you think? Are you proud of the twice incarcerated dope user and peddler that starred in the show, too, or the other "star" who was arrested? Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry a young guy died, but the show was an abomination that reflected badly upon our state, and reinforced those awful stereotypes that so many outside of West Virginia hold for us. I'm sorry someone died, but glad the horrible show was cancelled.
moon pie

Buckhannon, WV

#17 Apr 19, 2013
SumChick wrote:
grow up RED NECK 1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
casey rowan? 1 hr TheTruth 19
Marsha 2 hr Big Momma 33
2016 wv strawberry festival 3 hr berry fan 5
Kanawha lounge 4 hr Goodluck 9
lisa 5 hr pissed 2
Jessica Tenney 6 hr Sonny 5
To the Jordan Bunch 7 hr Sofunny 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buckhannon Mortgages