Buckhannon Animal Clinic

Buckhannon Animal Clinic

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

Question

Clarksburg, WV

#1 Jun 6, 2011
Who are the vets there? I heard there are two I'm looking for my dog.
Jade

Buckhannon, WV

#2 Jun 6, 2011
Dr. bob Harman and his daughter, Jenna Harman. They are excellent, very nice. The place is very clean too. I've been taking my animals there for years. Highly recommend them.
mee

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Jun 6, 2011
I take mine to a vet in Elkins. Dr Harman doesnt have emergency hours and they do. At the time i needed to take our animal in and couldnt wait.
MissA

Williamson, WV

#4 Jun 6, 2011
They are really great.
butt plunger

Bluefield, WV

#5 Jun 7, 2011
I vet my own pet. You can get many meds off line.You can nuture them yourself as well there is a online course
very sad

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2011
I had always took my pets to Dr Harman, until the day my cat was screaming from the pain of cancer! I called them to see what I should do! They would know because I had him fixed there and all his vaccines and care! They refused to help me because I had forgotten about owing fifty dollars from a previous visit! They clearly heard him screaming in the background too!! How could anyone who is supposed to live animals so much be so damn cold!! I was very upset and hurt and I will never go back or recommend!! Dr. MOODISPAW in Weston is the only vet I will ever trust! Only 2 weeks ago I had to have my dog I've had for 14 years be put to rest and they are definitely the greatest!! Last week they sent a beautiful sympathy card to us!! That meant so much!! Very terrific with animals and their people!!
very sad

United States

#7 Jun 7, 2011
Question wrote:
Who are the vets there? I heard there are two I'm looking for my dog.
Please take my advice and go to Dr. Moodispaw in Weston!! The vets around here are only concerned with their money!! Dr. Harman and even worse Dr. Flesher!! He refused to give my dog, who was dying from cancer and severe kidney disease, meds that were only a total of 30 dollars because I couldn't afford to pay for test he did without my approval!! We discussed treatment and it was made very clear what tests to do and what amount to stop and he totally disregarded our wishes!! Needless to say, that is one bill that won't be paid!! So please save yourself the heartache and headache and don't go to either!! Hope this helps!
nut job

Bluefield, WV

#8 Jun 7, 2011
they are all about the money, not caring for a pet.Its ok to make money, but what about doing something cause it is ethically right. State plaese take harman's and flesher license away. greedy SOB.
GINA

Bluefield, WV

#9 Jun 19, 2011
DR FLETCHER IS AWESOME AND I THINK HE IS REASONABLLY PRICED... I HAVE 3 OF MY ANIMALS FIXED BY HIM AND I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE THE LAST 5 YEARS... he is awesome
meee

Hillsboro, WV

#10 Jun 19, 2011
I took my dog to Elkins Vet and I will never go back! I needed my dog groomed. They suck at that by the way. He had hair all over him they had missed that was easily seen. Then I got him to the vehicle and had blood all over me. They had cut his toe nails too short and didn't even bother to tell me. I know accidents happen but they could have told me that they did it.
proud pet owner

Roy, WA

#11 Jun 19, 2011
I think both of the Dr Harmans are very compassionate people when it comes to caring for animals. I have been taking my dog to Dr Harman for years now i take her to his daughter. She is just as good as her dad. She saved my dogs life. My dog was down to being carried in and out of my vehicle and after 3 days she was up running and jumping again. and I will never complain about what i paid for my dog, she is like part of my family and money doesnt matter when it comes to my kid so it didnt matter when it came to my dog. People that set back and gripe about prices for vets do you call and check hospitals before you go in????
sheltie

Buckhannon, WV

#12 Nov 29, 2011
I just love some of these comments that show that they do not see as it being necessary to pay for services just because it is a vet. This may work with hospitals and medical doctors because the can recoup for these type of patients from the government. Vets can not.
Dr. Harman's office has been fantastic to us through 3 dogs. Price has always been very reasonable for all services and they take as much time with you as needed. Never in a hurry. Diagnosis has always been right (even through a difficult heart problem).
This is where we will always treat our pets even though it is about a 30 minute drive.
blahblahblah

Buckhannon, WV

#13 Nov 29, 2011
Dr. Jenna at Buckhannon Animal Clinic is amazing. She saved my diabetic dog when he had about a 10% chance of survival. She saved my dog after Dr. Bob (her dad) would not listen to me about my dogs symptoms.
Anonymous

United States

#14 Nov 29, 2011
If you can get there go to Dr Lammie in Elkins. I just had three kittens (2 male 1 female) fixed, wormed, flea meds, rabies shots for less than $250. I spent about that on one female cat in Buckhannon. The numbers listed in the yellow pages and she is a wonderful vet. The dog pound recommended me to her.
Bckn

Morgantown, WV

#15 Dec 1, 2011
Sounds like the only people with a problem are the ones who don't pay their bills.
Local Man

Beverly, WV

#16 Dec 1, 2011
I love the fact that when people don't pay their bills, they whine when they are not given more free service. If your cat means that much to you, pay your bills. You expect everything to be handed to you for free. GET A DAMN JOB!!!!!! You wouldn't have paid the second bill either so why should he take care of your animals.
2 posts removed
happydogowner

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Dec 19, 2011
i know this post is getting old, but i just saw it tonight and simply want to say that Bob Harman and his daughter Jenna - and their staff - are superb professionals who have cared for many of my friends' and family's pets for years, along with my own. i proudly recommend them without reservation. thank God Buckhannon has them.
just sayin

Buckhannon, WV

#20 Dec 19, 2011
Both Dr. Harmans have been great to my pets.
Stacy

Clarksburg, WV

#21 Oct 5, 2012
Dr. Harman saved my 14 month old Boxer that was very sick due to Parvo. Dr. Harman did not make me pay anything up front and took great care of Tank. He was admitted at 11am and that evening at 5 I went to visit an he was already responding to the appearance of anyone. He was walking where as before I had to carry him. The next day he was released and has fully recovered. Sept 11 I had a very sick 19 pd boxer and today I have a very healthy 30 pound growing boxer that is deaf. I respect Dr harman an his daughter for taking such good care of our pet. I definitely recommend this vet to everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flurts 3 hr Beck 4
BU Football 4 hr 76 man 85
girl at wal mart customer service 6 hr Itz_ShawnTay_bitchez 10
Shane eddy 6 hr Itz_ShawnTay_bitchez 8
Bicentennial Pageant 7 hr sunny buck 5
Have there been any clown citings in Buckhannon... 7 hr buckshot 5
Clowns 8 hr WieldtheSpades 16

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance