that big guy

Rock, WV

#41 Sep 17, 2012
he wears the blue vest must be a manager of somesot has darker hair but real short. he is an over bearing asshole. acts like he is being bothered if yas need help and if some of the workers ask him to help them or help a customer he is rude or sarcastic and walks off or tells someone else to do it seen this myself more than once. dont know what his job is but pretty sure he doent get paid to stand around and talk on the phone and shoot the breeze which is what he appears to do most ever time we are around there.

then that lady manager with the blonde hair is also kinda hateful talking to other employes she talks down to em.it is not professional at all and makes her look bad lowes should have higher expectations for there head employes at least
that place

Rupert, WV

#42 Oct 5, 2012
getting worse and worse. cant get help gotta wait in line because there isnt enough workers appretnly to go around the place if you ring the button thing takes too long for them to show or if they show they gotta put you on hold cause they already have customers ahead of you then check outs sometimes none hardly open. gettin worse. the prople there are over worked it seems some running around almost nuts trying to help peopl on phone calls and others lined up waiting why dont they get more workers losin buiness too because of it seen some folks leave their full buggy sit and walk out cause they wouldnt get any help and they didnt want to wait
Knowledge Is Power

Buckhannon, WV

#43 Oct 5, 2012
Why are you all fighting each other...can't you see that the lack of employees and assistance at this store and many other retail stores is due to the greed of each company!? There are plenty of consumers purchasing products at a large volume,however the managers and business owners continuously demand more compensation and revenue each month while associates are required to work harder with less compensation. Is it possible for those of us who don't work in a retail environment to make our stand for those that do work in retail...?! Does Lowes have a union perhaps?
i worked there

Rupert, WV

#44 Oct 5, 2012
definately no union
TABOO

New York, NY

#45 Oct 5, 2012
Lowe's does NOT have a Union. It states in the hiring packet that supporting a Union or trying to organize a Union is cause for dismissal.
Knowledge Is Power wrote:
Why are you all fighting each other...can't you see that the lack of employees and assistance at this store and many other retail stores is due to the greed of each company!? There are plenty of consumers purchasing products at a large volume,however the managers and business owners continuously demand more compensation and revenue each month while associates are required to work harder with less compensation. Is it possible for those of us who don't work in a retail environment to make our stand for those that do work in retail...?! Does Lowes have a union perhaps?
no customer commitment

Smoot, WV

#46 Oct 12, 2012
they dont care enough about the customers to get enough workers to help out
Telling It Like It Is

Logan, WV

#47 Oct 12, 2012
TABOO wrote:
Lowe's does NOT have a Union. It states in the hiring packet that supporting a Union or trying to organize a Union is cause for dismissal.
<quoted text>
They cannot fire someone for trying to start a union.

They can discourage it, but it is protected.

I guarantee that is not in their hiring packet because if it was they would have been successfully sued by now.
TO TELLING IT LIKE IT IS

Bronx, NY

#48 Oct 12, 2012
Telling It Like It Is wrote:
<quoted text>
They cannot fire someone for trying to start a union.
They can discourage it, but it is protected.
I guarantee that is not in their hiring packet because if it was they would have been successfully sued by now.
I can assure you, IT'S THERE!
Telling It Like It Is

Logan, WV

#49 Oct 12, 2012
TO TELLING IT LIKE IT IS wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone needs to file a lawsuit then.

But I can't believe it is there.
disabled

Smoot, WV

#50 Oct 12, 2012
they also discriminate aginst people with disabilities
MY EXPERIANCE

Oakvale, WV

#51 Oct 13, 2012
coulnt get help in the department i was in today had to go to the front to get help then a nice lady helped us. not many workers there it seemed.
Love Wva

Buckhannon, WV

#52 Oct 13, 2012
Capito wrote:
<quoted text>
That what happens when you are a inbred retarded redneck. You have to work at place such as Lowes. Because not smart enough to get a education. This whole state is a joke. A bunch of low esteem people who are dumber then rocks.
Well we can tell you one thing if you thing WvA not sart enough Well just get the Hell Of this state.If anyone a retarded redneck it is YOU sick O
geez

Buckhannon, WV

#53 Oct 13, 2012
Love Wva wrote:
<quoted text>Well we can tell you one thing if you thing WvA not sart enough Well just get the Hell Of this state.If anyone a retarded redneck it is YOU sick O
if your going to insult someone, at least learn to spell first. you are just proving him right.

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Buckhannon

#54 Oct 14, 2012
TO TELLING IT LIKE IT IS wrote:
<quoted text>
full of it....
new management

Rupert, WV

#55 Nov 26, 2012
maybe the place needs new management it is going down hill fast. few workers everyone is tryong to take care of multiple people and they arent enough workers there then finally get what you want or give up finding some of it and want to pay and leave and theres one damn register open and you got wait in line so long. part of the time it is customer service desk is only open register and the person there is on the phone and line is moving so slow. where are the register people? they dont seem to be able to afford newer emplyees.
darn strait

Smoot, WV

#56 Nov 27, 2012
deffinetley needs something changed there
Inmourning

New York, NY

#57 Nov 28, 2012
R.I.P. Dean.
CO WORKER

Rupert, WV

#58 Nov 28, 2012
Dean we wont ever forget you buddy. lowes family is very sad right now.
change can be good

Rupert, WV

#59 Dec 5, 2012
looks as if lowes needs some change maybe in management since there are never enough people there working , get what you want then gotta stand in line for longer than it took to shop crazy such a big store has so few registers open and so little help
change can be good

Rupert, WV

#60 Dec 5, 2012
,me agin i was thinking whats with lowes and walmart i thought places like that hired extra folk for Christmas and busy seasons

maybe cant afford it due to losing buisness for lack of customers getting help and faster services

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
peewee football coaches 1 hr trader 53
subaru guy on stoney run road 1 hr outback 4
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Dalai Lama 58,039
Women in this town are lame 3 hr single lady 7
sharanda wagoner 3 hr truth teller 4
What people think about ResCare 3 hr scuba steve 22
? Bar 4 hr Bartender 4
what would it mean if someone says"pringle tree... 6 hr justcurious 16
•••
•••
•••

Buckhannon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••