First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Unsure Rumor

Beverly, WV

#1 Sep 1, 2012
I have heard a rumor going around and it would make a lot of sense. So please don't get mad at me i just want an opinion. The reason the cops aren't doing anything is because Luke is ok. i think they are waiting till after the court date to say anything. Because there are plenty of people going to the police and saying "hey let's do a search party" and the cops are turning them away. And the only reason they did that check point was to put his mother at ease which didn't work. So they will try to pull some other crap. Let me know what you think and leave your opinion. Like I said im not trying to piss anyone off so please dont take this the wrong way.
BillyBoy

Beverly, WV

#2 Sep 1, 2012
Yeah it makes alot of sense I dont understand how noone saw this ealier. What if he is in witness protection?
BOBBY

Ardsley, NY

#3 Sep 1, 2012
Yeah Luke is in the basement at the Station. They are waiting until after the election to reveal him. Its all Political.

Dumba sses!
Pink

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Sep 1, 2012
Bobby where u hear that from
hide n seek

Elkins, WV

#5 Sep 1, 2012
If Luke is alive he is going to be one embarrassed man when he gets to walk freely in public knowing that his whole family made out like he was too incompetent to make decisions. They have said that he couldn't read or write well and that he was easily taken advantage of. The family is dragging his poor name and reputation through the mud. The police can only do so much when there are very little leads to go on. Where would a search party search? Would anyone have thought to look for Oberg where his body was found. Theres a wide area to be searched and without confessions they wouldn't have found Oberg. Give the police time.
Chewy

Elkins, WV

#6 Sep 1, 2012
No...no...no. He's on the planet Alderon. But I don't think the "Force" is with him.
Ragman

Elkins, WV

#7 Sep 1, 2012
Where's Luke? I hear he's working as a short-order cook at the Mexican restaurant by day, and a pole dancer at Red's during the evening shift. Just passin' along the information!
Just a girl

Elkins, WV

#8 Sep 1, 2012
I was holding out hope that he was in witness protection as well, but I think law enforcement would have told the family if that was the case, without revieling the location. My guess is that they do infact know much more than they are able to say at this time.
Upur county

Belington, WV

#9 Sep 1, 2012
Luke was abducted by aliens and he is on Planet Uranus.

They are probing him for answers.

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#10 Sep 1, 2012
Upur county wrote:
Luke was abducted by aliens and he is on Planet Uranus.
They are probing him for answers.
Jesus Christ on skates, i was thinking the same shit. We should picket signs demanding aliens bring Luke back
duh

Ardsley, NY

#11 Sep 1, 2012
when someone is in witness protection noone can know. even family. otherwise if there ANYONE knew it would defeat the purpose.
Kleenex

Moorefield, WV

#12 Sep 1, 2012
Okay.. let me get this right.. and honestly, explain this shit to me if I'm wrong.

If you're in witness protection.. to save your ass.. then why would they release you at the end of trial, knowing that if these people don't get much time, then they will eventually catch up to him when they get out or have someone else do something to them after he is released? Then, have another case on their hands and possibly a huge lawsuit? I thought when you're in the witness protection program, that you move on completely, and totally start a new life?

Is that now how it works?
Kleenex

Moorefield, WV

#13 Sep 1, 2012
hide n seek wrote:
If Luke is alive he is going to be one embarrassed man when he gets to walk freely in public knowing that his whole family made out like he was too incompetent to make decisions. They have said that he couldn't read or write well and that he was easily taken advantage of. The family is dragging his poor name and reputation through the mud. The police can only do so much when there are very little leads to go on. Where would a search party search? Would anyone have thought to look for Oberg where his body was found. Theres a wide area to be searched and without confessions they wouldn't have found Oberg. Give the police time.
Where does it say that they're dragging his name down? From what I saw on his Facebook page (the public pictures), he was pretty talented.. If those are his pictures that he drew, then he's quite the artist, plus I see lots of pics with him in a Pink Floyd, Metallica and lots of other music shirts.. so he has great taste in music.. I noticed he has a love for classic cars and guitars? Just by looking at his pictures I can tell that he's a free spirit, and probably doesn't judge anyone.

Actually, he's a human being, and not one human deserves this.

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#14 Sep 1, 2012
Kleenex wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say that they're dragging his name down? From what I saw on his Facebook page (the public pictures), he was pretty talented.. If those are his pictures that he drew, then he's quite the artist, plus I see lots of pics with him in a Pink Floyd, Metallica and lots of other music shirts.. so he has great taste in music.. I noticed he has a love for classic cars and guitars? Just by looking at his pictures I can tell that he's a free spirit, and probably doesn't judge anyone.
Actually, he's a human being, and not one human deserves this.
Exactly
just some guy

Manassas, VA

#15 Sep 2, 2012
Kleenex wrote:
Okay.. let me get this right.. and honestly, explain this shit to me if I'm wrong.
If you're in witness protection.. to save your ass.. then why would they release you at the end of trial, knowing that if these people don't get much time, then they will eventually catch up to him when they get out or have someone else do something to them after he is released? Then, have another case on their hands and possibly a huge lawsuit? I thought when you're in the witness protection program, that you move on completely, and totally start a new life?
Is that now how it works?
. Actually no that isn't always the case sometime they just need to keep you out of site long enough for you to make a testimony exspecially in an open and shut case like this all three of the guys are gonna be locked up for a very long time. Its mainly in situation where you've testified against gang/mob members who have a whole network of buddies who are more then willing to kill you for snitching (exspecialy if said informants are former members of said gangs/mobs) that they move you away and give you a new identity but if they are convinced that the threat to you is over once the person has been locked up then they won't waste the effort or money to relocate you not to mention they can't force anyone to give up their life either but either way they have an obligation to protect you until the case is over.
Just a girl

Elkins, WV

#16 Sep 2, 2012
That does make sense! And if they told the family that he was in witness protection, that could put their lives in jeapordy.
hmm

United States

#17 Sep 2, 2012
i know little about all this but have thought witness protection since the beginning ........was the timing of finding body & this guy going missing
Fiend

Clarksburg, WV

#18 Sep 2, 2012
Thats been my theory since the start. I dont think its likely, but it is possible. And the timing fits right. with Josh, there were rumors floating around alot, but aside from what the family says, noone hears rumors about Luke. While I hope thats what has happened, I'm afraid his story will have an unhappy ending
Kleenex

Moorefield, WV

#19 Sep 2, 2012
just some guy wrote:
<quoted text>. Actually no that isn't always the case sometime they just need to keep you out of site long enough for you to make a testimony exspecially in an open and shut case like this all three of the guys are gonna be locked up for a very long time. Its mainly in situation where you've testified against gang/mob members who have a whole network of buddies who are more then willing to kill you for snitching (exspecialy if said informants are former members of said gangs/mobs) that they move you away and give you a new identity but if they are convinced that the threat to you is over once the person has been locked up then they won't waste the effort or money to relocate you not to mention they can't force anyone to give up their life either but either way they have an obligation to protect you until the case is over.
Okay. Well, maybe you should read a little more about the program.. here, I copied a link for you, so it's easier.

After you read it, school me a little..
Unsure Rumor

Beverly, WV

#20 Sep 2, 2012
ok most of your theories make sense but the timing is slightly off Luke went missing around the 18th of july. and Oberg was found the 23rd. What if they found Oberg sooner than that? Then the timing would fit. So most of it makes sense why the cops arent doing anything now is because they know something that they shouldn't tell us. like I said about the checkpoint after the first few protests maybe they were really trying to just please his mother with the check point and handing out fliers. So they looked like they were kind of trying. So I still dont understand wtf they are trying to prove at least pretend to do a search party. They did more for that little girl from weston like 10 search parties in 2 weeks. No offense to anyone on that. But why won't they do anything for Luke. They even had like 5 search parties for oberg. So WTF???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lincoln st 1 hr Whitney 7
Today's Drug Bust 3 hr Stazzz 12
Lisa Sharpe 3 hr markie 2
Hurt feelings boo 3 hr Raven 11
Jacob Chapman and RJ Beam 3 hr unknown 4
Angie Weaver and lizs house on Lincoln is BE Bu... 4 hr Geez 16
Clinton peck 5 hr He goes both way... 5

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance