Teacher taking kick-backs

Posted in the Buckhannon Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
tax payer

Buckhannon, WV

#1 Nov 6, 2011
I hear that there is a certain teacher at the B-U Middle School who is taking illegal kickbacks from a certain company for steering business their way. Has anyone else heard this?
mistress

Buckhannon, WV

#2 Nov 6, 2011
It's true! I know that at least one person has complained to Scott Lampinen and he hasn't done anything about it!
Missy72

Berea, WV

#3 Nov 6, 2011
This is great. What kind of kickbacks? If they are caught they should be fired and prosecuted! Who is the teacher?
mistress

Buckhannon, WV

#4 Nov 6, 2011
In addition to getting free athletic shoes, clothes, gym bags & accessories, every single year she gets FREE SEASON TICKETS TO THE WVU FOOTBALL GAMES! In return, she makes everyone under her make purchases from a certain company and even tried to influence some of the teachers at BUHS. There is at least one new BUHS teacher who is following her advice.
curious

Buckhannon, WV

#5 Nov 7, 2011
Is this the same teacher who has a daughter that's a hs cheerleader?
mimi

Buckhannon, WV

#6 Nov 7, 2011
It sure is!
Do U Know

Elkins, WV

#7 Nov 7, 2011
I would not doubt that it is true. Somebody is definately getting paid. I don't understand why these coaches think parents can afford, "fashion" for athletics in Middle School! I suppose some parents can, but not this one!
mistress

Buckhannon, WV

#8 Nov 7, 2011
The Upshur County Schools Superintendent, Scott Lampinen, was told about this last year & for some reason, has done absolutely nothing about it. I think that the students & especially taxpayers deserve better!
I know

Buckhannon, WV

#9 Nov 7, 2011
The teacher doing this is Debbie Chipps Shapiro!
D Oh Dbl G

Elkins, WV

#10 Nov 7, 2011
WOW Mistress...JEALOUS much...? Did you not get invited to the WVU game or what??? Loyalty rewards from vendors are certainly not unheard of and are not illegal or even unethical. No different than the Sheetz card or the Kroger card in your wallet... Sheetz and Kroger reward you for your spending. They are not FORCING you to shop there. What concern is it of YOURS anyway?
Mistress

Buckhannon, WV

#11 Nov 7, 2011
D Oh Dbl G wrote:
WOW Mistress...JEALOUS much...? Did you not get invited to the WVU game or what??? Loyalty rewards from vendors are certainly not unheard of and are not illegal or even unethical. No different than the Sheetz card or the Kroger card in your wallet... Sheetz and Kroger reward you for your spending. They are not FORCING you to shop there. What concern is it of YOURS anyway?
Evidently you don't know much about the law or else you would know that it is illegal for her to accept these gifts. It has nothing to do with me getting invited to the game & everything to do with the fact that she is abusing her position & using her influence for her own financial & personal gain. According to the law, she could accept a token of their appreciation, something worth $25 or less but that's it & since you obviously have not been attending the WVU games, let me assure that her season tickets are worth much, much more than that!
WVU Fan

Williamson, WV

#12 Nov 8, 2011
Mistress wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently you don't know much about the law or else you would know that it is illegal for her to accept these gifts. It has nothing to do with me getting invited to the game & everything to do with the fact that she is abusing her position & using her influence for her own financial & personal gain. According to the law, she could accept a token of their appreciation, something worth $25 or less but that's it & since you obviously have not been attending the WVU games, let me assure that her season tickets are worth much, much more than that!
My two season tickets cost me $1500 a year. Not cheap by any means! That includes the parking pass.
Local Man

Buckhannon, WV

#13 Nov 8, 2011
This is a gossip site NAME NAMES.
read

Buckhannon, WV

#14 Nov 8, 2011
Local Man wrote:
This is a gossip site NAME NAMES.
The guilty person is named!
duh

Fairmont, WV

#15 Nov 8, 2011
read wrote:
<quoted text>The guilty person is named!
THEN TAKE IT AND THE EVIDENCE TO THE BOARD. THINGS DON'T GET DONE BY HEARSAY OR BY POSTING ON HERE. Evidence is a must.
Shirley Tinney

Williamson, WV

#16 Nov 8, 2011
I don't understand the big deal, schools do it all the time. They use products such as pepsi and get paid to do so, well they call it a donation. So big deal if she gets tickets or cloths. So you really want to ruin a womans life to prove a point? Shame on you,
mistress

Buckhannon, WV

#17 Nov 8, 2011
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
THEN TAKE IT AND THE EVIDENCE TO THE BOARD. THINGS DON'T GET DONE BY HEARSAY OR BY POSTING ON HERE. Evidence is a must.
All of the information was given to the Superintendent a very long time ago. Since he isn't doing anything maybe the readers of TOPIX can motivate him!
no

Fairmont, WV

#18 Nov 8, 2011
mistress wrote:
<quoted text>All of the information was given to the Superintendent a very long time ago. Since he isn't doing anything maybe the readers of TOPIX can motivate him!
No, I'm sure it will just look like people starting drama. Letters, petitions, or going to the STATE board are how to get things done. Just acting like a kid and talking about people on the Internet behind hidden usernames.
no

Fairmont, WV

#19 Nov 8, 2011
no wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm sure it will just look like people starting drama. Letters, petitions, or going to the STATE board are how to get things done. Just acting like a kid and talking about people on the Internet behind hidden usernames.
***will accomplish nothing.
Inthemidde

United States

#20 Nov 8, 2011
If in fact someone is receiving something of cash value for using a certain vendor is probably against policy and morally wrong let alone costing parents more money for supplies. Where i work it is against company policy to accept anything over 25 dollars in value and absolutlely no cash at all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Bender 1 min Hehe 1
Today's Drug Bust 4 min tom 4
Stupid druggies 1 hr Cheaterwomanizer 5
Triangle 2 hr Funny 36
Jodi Koon 2 hr Curious 1
Chris Merriman 4 hr babyy 3
Impeach Trump! 5 hr Pro Trump 7
How Many People Died From Overdose In Upshur C... Mon and123 10

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web