Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I like CJ Maggies and I'd vote for Taylor for sure.

He'd be a great Sheriff.

Go Taylor!
Upshur voter

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Maybe they should have put him on the ballot so he could get even LESS votes than he did in the primary after ticking off most of the county, including some who voted for him then.

My vote is 100% behind Coffman!
kay

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Upshur voter wrote:
Maybe they should have put him on the ballot so he could get even LESS votes than he did in the primary after ticking off most of the county, including some who voted for him then.

My vote is 100% behind Coffman!
Mine is for Coffman too!
start the list

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

When it comes to Taylor, who all do we know is involved with backing him?

CJ Rylands & family

Harper's

Ron Pugh
2 posts removed
Awake

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

diner wrote:
I can promise you this. No matter if David Taylor wins or loses, I will never spend another cent in CJ Maggies ever again. For the Rylands clan to keep funding this & keep our town stirred up is wrong & since the only thing I can do now is hit them in the pocketbook, well that's exactly what I will do. I'll be damned if my money pays for something like this!
I haven't ate there in several years because of where their finances go...this is more reason to keep me away for a lot longer!:)
True dat

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

kay wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine is for Coffman too!
COFFMAN has our votes...we don't have any other choice. He will represent us in a manner that is professional and respectable. Not to mention, make sure the job is done to the best of his ability!
chris

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

its never going to end with taylor all were doing is keeping this low life in the spotlight clearly the man thinks as himself as something special

“.May the odds be ever with you”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

True dat wrote:
<quoted text>
COFFMAN has our votes...we don't have any other choice. He will represent us in a manner that is professional and respectable. Not to mention, make sure the job is done to the best of his ability!
The way I understand it is if Taylor prevails in the Supreme Court he will replace Coffman on the Republican ballot

Level 6

Buckhannon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Sounds like increases coming on "Tom Terrifics"
Jim T

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Fortunately, there is a new 'write in' candidate for Sheriff in Upshur. His name is Gilbert Valdez. He is a life-long resident of Upshur, except while he served in the military as a US Navy SEAL. He may not have the traditional type of law enforcemnt training that Mr. Taylor had, but he has unique training used by law enforcement. I looked at Mr. Taylor's resume, and wile he has had much training, on a national level it is considered somewhat standard. Mike Kelly was a strong active cop, it will take a younger man like Gilbert to replace that strength and ambition. Don't rush to vote early until you learn more about Gilbert, who is a write-in candidate.

“.May the odds be ever with you”

Level 7

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Please don't waste your vote on a "write in" candidate. It wn't work.

Level 6

Buckhannon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Absentee ballots already are available. The Dominion Post has a piece in today's paper from Natalie Tennantreporting that nearly 2,000 West Virginians have already voted absentee. Early voting starts two weeks from Wednesday. There's no way... NO WAY... the Supreme Court of Appeals- will be able to stop what's happened already, that is to order a new ballot. Such would essentially invalidate those who've already voted.
leary

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Did anybody read the new sheriff candidates article in yesterdays paper? Gilbert Valdez is his name. I see a BIG red flag. Why did he wait until so late in the race to file??? My thought is... so there's less time for the voters to get to know him. He likes to use big words as to make himself look intelligent and it all sounded to me like a bunch of hogwash. Did anybody see his billboard sign? It's on 20 going from the highschool toward town. Between highschool and Stoney Run. Go look! Not someone I see as good sheriff material. I see another Taylor in the pot. Folks don't waste your vote on a write in. My vote is for Dave Coffman 100%. I love my county and I believe Coffman is by far the best candidate for the job.
Oh My

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Seen it. Who would vote for someone that looks like a terrorist? Scary thought. Scary picture.
kay

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Oh My wrote:
Seen it. Who would vote for someone that looks like a terrorist? Scary thought. Scary picture.
He does look like a terrorist! Especially on his billboard.
dear god

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

I love when the idiots get together on here. Yes, Dave Taylor has committed political suicide. He knows this. By no means did I vote for him the first round either. However, before the election, Mike was told the Hatch Act would come out this time with the elections. It is in the first pages in the packett you pick up to run. Now, is it wrong, not for me to decide but the courts. They said if you are working and recieving federal money, no running for public office. Taylor is proving a point. Mike is a hell of a guy, I voted for him. But make sure you know what you are talking about before you bash people for being stupid. Taylor is proving a point in this small town.

“Saving the World in my Pajamas”

Level 9

Since: May 11

Planet XXX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

dear god wrote:
I love when the idiots get together on here. Yes, Dave Taylor has committed political suicide. He knows this. By no means did I vote for him the first round either. However, before the election, Mike was told the Hatch Act would come out this time with the elections. It is in the first pages in the packett you pick up to run. Now, is it wrong, not for me to decide but the courts. They said if you are working and recieving federal money, no running for public office. Taylor is proving a point. Mike is a hell of a guy, I voted for him. But make sure you know what you are talking about before you bash people for being stupid. Taylor is proving a point in this small town.
I think his point was already proven ~solid~ by the removal of Mike's name from the final ballot. The Republican committee had the final say on whom to put on the ballot afterward. The only point he is proving is that he is an idiot an sore loser.
Usaidit

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

dear god wrote:
He is most certainally proving a point and point well taken. Sore loser!
Truth is

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Qzoid wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his point was already proven ~solid~ by the removal of Mike's name from the final ballot. The Republican committee had the final say on whom to put on the ballot afterward. The only point he is proving is that he is an idiot an sore loser.
I completely agree. The sad part is, he wants to say the committee secretively had a meeting and elected someone else. This in fact is not true. The committee met infront of multiple people from our county, myself included, and voted aloud for everyoe to hear their preferences. The vote was 4 for Taylor and 8 for Coffman. The Pletcher's and the Gillum's were the only ones for Taylor. The rest of committee listened to what the people wanted and chose not to put his name back on the ballot. In theory, had his name been put on the ballot, the people would have smeared him even worse than the first time with a bigger loss. No one wants to be put in that position to begin with, let alone make a decision to elect someone that is only costing us big time now, let alone later when all of his supporters get more free reign of our community. We need someone in office who is going to make things happen in a positive way and not continue to support those who do wrong and freely walk the streets of Buckhannon everyday proudly that they spend another day free from all of the laws and rules that apply to everyone else. Coffman is the man! Valdez is being promoted by the same people as Taylor...It is such a shame that when one does not prevail, another has to try and proove success. This community had been wake up and see the writing on the wall!!!!!!
1 post removed
Valdez Supporter

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

The billbpard on Rt 20 of Gilbert Valdez is of him serving with SEAL Team 5 in the Middle East. The beard is standard for all US Special Forces members who are trying to work with the locals in the Muslim World. It is also partially to conceal his identity. Mr. Valdez decided only to run after Mr. Taylor screwed up what the voters wanted. He was then further delayed by issues in his current work which takes him out of town. This was not done lightly, win or lose, just running will change what he can and can't do in the future. He also has to finance his campaign out of his own pocket because it is too late to assemble and register a finance committee for donation filings. Therefore, Valdez is not being promoted by the same people as Taylor, he believes Taylor has stolen the election from Kelly and the voters.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Buckhannon Forum right now

Search the Buckhannon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 min bacon hater 54,070
Why is Veronica such a drag? 20 min NOSHlT 2
Who got run over? 23 min NOSHlT 19
Do you like Veronica's before or after pictures... 55 min yolo 0
Zachary Crawford. 1 hr he better rot in jail 11
<^> Song Title Game, A to Z <^> (Aug '13) 6 hr Izzybuzzed 337
poor josh 6 hr Haha 3
Club Bobcat (Jan '12) 23 hr Tonya 53
•••
•••
•••
Buckhannon Dating

more search filters