fasstrealfast

United States

#1 Apr 28, 2012
has anybody had any problems with mrs sandreth i heard she screams at the kids and is a real pain in the a** we have problems with mickle the pickle she is a real pain in the a** but when you go to the boardof education they say they will take care of the problem their a pain in the a** also nothing is ever done is it just me or does the teachers get by with it to much yelling and screaming for me!
Ona C Bowden

Clarksburg, WV

#2 Apr 28, 2012
Out of the 33 years Ann Mickle has been an educator, she has never had a complaint filed on her from a parent until this year. I would know, she was my principal all the way back in Kindergarten at Midway Elementary School (Cassatt, South Carolina) until my senior year at Buckhannon Upshur High School. Obviously, I know her on a personal level. It's sad when a parent has to bully the teacher and the principal. I have a good guess on who you are, and I have given a copy of this to the proper authority. Do you realize that defamation of character is a serious offense? This his her last few months of serving the educational system. Give it a rest A***** T****.
Sandi Cutright

United States

#3 Apr 28, 2012
I have two children in hodgesville school and one has Mrs. Sandreth and I love her. I think that the fact that she treats all the kids as equals and does not have favorites is wonderful. I think that the bigger problem is that there are some parents that think their child does no wrong and believes they should get special treatment and in fact no child is perfect and parents need to but out and let teachers do their job. A child at 8 years old should be able to listen be expected to have respect. As for Mrs. Mickle she is wonderful also she has a good heart and just tries to enforce the rules that everyone needs to follow including parents!
i agree

Beverly, WV

#4 Apr 28, 2012
My daughter has her for a teacher and i couldnt ask for a better teacher.She is very nice person i have never had any problems with her or any of the staff at Hodgesville.
Michelle Ware

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2012
I love Hodgesville! Really wish everyone would get along and work together for the kids. Great school - Great staff - Great students - 99.8 percent Great parents.
fasstrealfast

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2012
Ona C Bowden wrote:
Out of the 33 years Ann Mickle has been an educator, she has never had a complaint filed on her from a parent until this year. I would know, she was my principal all the way back in Kindergarten at Midway Elementary School (Cassatt, South Carolina) until my senior year at Buckhannon Upshur High School. Obviously, I know her on a personal level. It's sad when a parent has to bully the teacher and the principal. I have a good guess on who you are, and I have given a copy of this to the proper authority. Do you realize that defamation of character is a serious offense? This his her last few months of serving the educational system. Give it a rest A***** T****.
I know who you think I am, but I am not him:-) But I'll let him know when I see him again. Defimation of character is not a legal action anyway. Its a civil action. And I wouldn't expect you to say anything bad about your mom.I had her in High School to, and I didn't like her then..........Keep guessing.....You might figure out who I am:-)
Ona C. Bowden

Clarksburg, WV

#7 Apr 28, 2012
I'm quite aware what the laws are, and what you are soing is wrong. I honestly have better things to do than play guessing games with a nameless person. For instance spending time with my family, and getting a good nights sleep. Unless you have proof to back your statements up, you are not worth my time. If there is a problem take it up with the higher ups. Hey, I had enough courage to post my name on this horrid site... Where's yours? What are you afraid of? Seriously, if you have a valid/ factual concern, you wouldn't have minded stating your name.
Ashley

Warrenton, VA

#8 Apr 29, 2012
@fastrealfast
I don't know who you think you are, but you started your thread with expletives, and silly childish nicknames. I feel sorry for you that you have nothing better to do than throw crap to a wall and wait to see what sticks. Has it occured to you that maybe you are the only parent that has an issue? You say you've alerted the school board. Could it be that no action was taken because there was none to take. If your child's educational experience at this school is so horrible, maybe you should consider pulling them out, and consider a home or private education for them.
fasstrealfast

United States

#9 Apr 29, 2012
[QUOTE who="Ona C. Bowden"]I'm quite aware what the laws are, and what you are soing is wrong. I honestly have better things to do than play guessing games with a nameless person. For instance spending time with my family, and getting a good nights sleep. Unless you have proof to back your statements up, you are not worth my time. If there is a problem take it up with the higher ups. Hey, I had enough courage to post my name on this horrid site... Where's yours? What are you afraid of? Seriously, if you have a valid/ factual concern, you wouldn't have minded stating your name.[/QUOTE]
If its not factual, why was there a complaint?????? I will not post my name for the safety of my child. I do not want retaliation against my child. But once Mickle retires, I will be more happy to let the two of you know who I am.Until then, I won"t waste any more of your time.
fasstrealfast

United States

#10 Apr 29, 2012
Ashley wrote:
@fastrealfast
I don't know who you think you are, but you started your thread with expletives, and silly childish nicknames. I feel sorry for you that you have nothing better to do than throw crap to a wall and wait to see what sticks. Has it occured to you that maybe you are the only parent that has an issue? You say you've alerted the school board. Could it be that no action was taken because there was none to take. If your child's educational experience at this school is so horrible, maybe you should consider pulling them out, and consider a home or private education for them.
The"crap" must be sticking. You have responded. There has been a complaint filed against faculty with real issues. With action taken. The faculty are paid with my tax dollars. I will not pull my child out this close to the end of the school year. Why should I have to pay for public education and private education. If these teachers are unable to provide an education then they need to find a different profession. Or give back our tax dollars......And there are alot more parents complaining.
Ashley

Warrenton, VA

#11 Apr 29, 2012
I'm so sorry that your rally for the community to grab their torches and pitchforks didn't go the way that you planned. You are right about one thing though, you are wasting everyone's time. I am sad for you. I will pray for you, and I hope that the positive energy that I try to send out into the world will offset the anger that you have toward your fellow man.
fasstrealfast

United States

#12 Apr 29, 2012
Ashley wrote:
I'm so sorry that your rally for the community to grab their torches and pitchforks didn't go the way that you planned. You are right about one thing though, you are wasting everyone's time. I am sad for you. I will pray for you, and I hope that the positive energy that I try to send out into the world will offset the anger that you have toward your fellow man.
Pray for the children. If you are a parent, I will know that you are not being sarcastic. These are Gods children.
Sandi Cutright

Buckhannon, WV

#13 Apr 29, 2012
@ fasstrealfast if your that unhappy with the school you need to remove your child at the end of the school year because evidently no matter what is done or how its done you will not be satisfied. I have not had any issues other than parents coming in and bullying the staff in front of my children I contacted the school board on that matter and nothing was done to the parents so if you believe the staff should be punished then in the same aspect something should be done with the parents. If some parents would take responsibility for their children and teach their children that decisions have consequences then maybe things would go better. I also think that parents need to work with the teachers and not against them. It's a team effort and if every time your child gets corrected and doesn't get their way you want to throw a fit and get your feelings hurt then your setting your child up for failure because your not preparing them for life.
HapEParent

United States

#14 Apr 29, 2012
This all amazes me. I really don't know if I'm disappointed or angry... I guess it's a combination of both to tell the truth. Regardless of who this is, this is just a sad attempt to stir drama. This is underhanded ankle biting and it needs to stop.

There are good intentions and there are bad intentions. Though I know that every parent wants the best for their child, this have been done with bad intentions. I have experience with Hodgesville and this teacher's class, and I don't have bad things to say about either. I appreciate their work and given a choice, I would chose Hodgesville for my child again.

I do know that there has been great amounts of harassment from parents who have tried to form a little hate group. I don't think they realize the impact this has on a teacher who is trying to do his or her job. If these people are really thinking about the children then they would be acting very differently.

I have spoken with other parents, and I know what some of those people are doing. I know that parents have been at the classroom door harassing the teacher to the point that other kids have heard what they said. That is not good. I have seen them lurking, yes lurking in the halls at different times of the day when I have been there for various reasons ( not to raise Hell, mind you ) and I have seen them gossiping outside the building when I've been with my child either coming or leaving school. I've even been approached but I will not comment any further on that.

This is sad. If you are a teacher at Hodgesville or any other school, then I truly feel for you. You chose to pursue an expensive education and work in a career that pays less than what you can earn at other places, just to be harassed by people with some kind of prior hangups who feel like they can do a better job but don't.

If I felt that Hodgesville and this teacher was bad for my kid, then he would not be there. There are lots of other schools. Go see if it's all rainbows there baby!

I have spoken my piece and I'm done. I heard of this site from someone and am disgusted by it. I know that someone will respond to this just so they look like they have some upper handed, higher knowledge, arrogant crap. They will use a fake name just as I have and they will probably continue to throw around some kind of Bible-backed hoopla hatred like has started. GEEZ, anyone who truly is religious would not behave in this manner, and a hundred verses could be thrown back at anything that is shot back to that comment. Let's not start that.

This will be my last time viewing this thread, because by doing so, I have stooped to the lowest level of hatred just like the originator of this thread. This is an example of how WE as society ALLOW hatred and bullying to spread. To all of you out there, if you really want to stop this hatred then end your responses now. Do not give angry people who are full of hate power nor an excuse to bite.

I am not any better than any of you who viewed or responded to this, I just hope I have made better choices in my life and I will encourage my child to do so too. I also know that when my child says something, it is sometimes stretched a little too far from where it began. So I do not jump to OVERREACT. I have heard my own child say that I yelled at them for something, when I KNOW that I only spoke in a serious or stern tone. If I have offended anyone then I am sorry, but there will always be people in this world who think it is ok to spread hatred.

I know when I see a teacher this week, I am going to go out of my way to say something nice that is genuine, and when I talk to a parent I will not allow myself to say anything but positive comments. I hope you all do the same.
fasstrealfast

Spearfish, SD

#15 Apr 29, 2012
Sandi Cutright wrote:
@ fasstrealfast if your that unhappy with the school you need to remove your child at the end of the school year because evidently no matter what is done or how its done you will not be satisfied. I have not had any issues other than parents coming in and bullying the staff in front of my children I contacted the school board on that matter and nothing was done to the parents so if you believe the staff should be punished then in the same aspect something should be done with the parents. If some parents would take responsibility for their children and teach their children that decisions have consequences then maybe things would go better. I also think that parents need to work with the teachers and not against them. It's a team effort and if every time your child gets corrected and doesn't get their way you want to throw a fit and get your feelings hurt then your setting your child up for failure because your not preparing them for life.
The only time I have ever seen you at the school is in the evenings standing in the parking lot at school. And fromwhat I understand you are just as bad as "all these other parents" talking about the school.
Sandi Cutright

United States

#16 Apr 29, 2012
I am hardly at the school because I have this thing called a job that requires me to be there to earn a paycheck to support my kids. I do not stand and gossip with these parents i do talk to some of them but i dont gossip about the school and thing i have ever been upset with the school I have taken to the school/teacher and talked it out with them. Do i think the school is perfect no I don't but I do believe that the staff tries their best. And some things are even out of their contol too. I do listen to what other parents have to say and i give them examples of my personnel experiences and nothing more. I will not do what these few parents are doing just to be liked. I don't care if you like me or not does not hurt my feelings because someone that harrasses teachers in front of children and shows blantant disrespect to other adults is not someone i want to talk to. At least i had the courage to show my name and not hide behind a computer running my mouth with nothing to back it up with
fasstrealfast

United States

#17 Apr 29, 2012
Sandi Cutright wrote:
I am hardly at the school because I have this thing called a job that requires me to be there to earn a paycheck to support my kids. I do not stand and gossip with these parents i do talk to some of them but i dont gossip about the school and thing i have ever been upset with the school I have taken to the school/teacher and talked it out with them. Do i think the school is perfect no I don't but I do believe that the staff tries their best. And some things are even out of their contol too. I do listen to what other parents have to say and i give them examples of my personnel experiences and nothing more. I will not do what these few parents are doing just to be liked. I don't care if you like me or not does not hurt my feelings because someone that harrasses teachers in front of children and shows blantant disrespect to other adults is not someone i want to talk to. At least i had the courage to show my name and not hide behind a computer running my mouth with nothing to back it up with
I am supprised that you have to have to much of a job since you live at home with your parents. I will have to disagree about parents bullying and harrassing teachers in front of children. At least I have never heard any of this. I am sure that you giving your name and standing up for the school will give you lots of brownie points on your kids report card. You go!!!!!!!!
We know who

AOL

#18 Apr 30, 2012
YOu are a dumbasz Melissa! We know you were commplaing about her getting on to your unruly child ! Then all of the sudden a topic about her! Get a life! I love our school and the staff and the children. Make your kids mind you at home and he and she will not cause problems at the school. So there ya go! Bring back that dang paddle and I guarantee you they will mind in school. Don't start on Mrs. Sandreth she is a wonderful teacher.
retired

Buckhannon, WV

#19 Aug 18, 2012
I can remember the day when parents supported the teachers - no matter what & believe me, those were better days.

Any more children are not getting the education that they should because the teachers cannot teach.

Why? Because of parents like the ones who are on here complaining & lodging complaints about teachers.

Little "Johnny" & "Susie" are not angels & they surely aren't perfect. They are children.

As children, they need to be taught & disciplined by adults. Many parents need to learn that.

Unless you are Tom Cruise or belong to his religion of Scientology, you know that children need discipline.

If you are a parent reading this & have taken your child's side against a teacher then you need to start homeschooling. Maybe then you will get an idea of what that teacher is putting up with.

Your children are not perfect. They need structure, rules & to be corrected. That's part of a teacher's job.

If you don't like your child's teacher(s), pull that child out & either put them in a private school or homeschool.

It's that simple.

Quit complaining about the teacher(s).
for real

Newton Falls, OH

#20 Aug 18, 2012
some teachers aren't so perfect either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know 24 min Rights 4
How Many People Died From Overdose In Upshur C... 29 min Bonnie 7
Kenny Day dead?? 53 min family 10
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr FIT59 4,011
welder 3 hr that girl 3
Oh sweetie 4 hr Bck off him 3
At it again 11 hr Amazing 1

Buckhannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buckhannon Mortgages