Greg Bugher receives Governor's Heroism Award

Jul 10, 2008 Full story: Kokomo Tribune 8

Tribune staff writer Greg Bugher will never forget what happened on April 8, 2007.

Full Story
Ed Faunce

Lafayette, IN

#1 Jul 13, 2008
Greg Bugher is not a Tribune staff writer. He is a supervisor at Delphi Electronics and he was my supervisor.
Need to know basis

Lafayette, IN

#2 Jul 28, 2008
I am so sick and tired of hearing about Greg Bugher, where was he when we were friends and i needed his friendship Badly? He was MIA i know the real Greg Bugher he is no hero to me, what he did for those kids anyone would have done. Enough said
Emily

Lafayette, IN

#3 Aug 9, 2008
What about Di, Greg's wife and mother of his children? She put her life in danger to save those kids, as well. Greg took all the credit. The real story hasn't been told. Diane, you are a hero to me. Greg, enjoy your fortune and fame that you gained from these kids' tragic event.
Curt Alexander

Sheridan, IN

#4 Nov 21, 2008
I know Greg Bugher. He and I have been best friends for many years. I am not really sure where the bloggers "Need to know basis" or "Emily" have got their motivation for writing ignorant and malice comments about Greg but I have some ideas which I will not lower myself in explaining as I do consider myself a virtuous person.

To put it mildly Greg Bugher would give anyone the shirt off his back. He would be there for anybody who needed him at any hour of the day or night. Without a doubt he is the best friend anyone could ever hope for! He is a man of integrity who puts God, family, and friends first. Since I have known Greg he has always put himself last and others first. He even proved to our nation one Easter morning that he would risk his life for total strangers, again, putting himself last.

Also, Greg never asked for any attention or recognition for his heroism nor has he ever received a single red cent for anything that had to do with the accident. He is not fond of fame or public attention therefore he has never sought notoriety for his selfless deeds.

I did have the honor of listening to Greg give an acceptance speech to several hundred of his peers and managers when Governor Mitch Daniels came to Delphi and gave Greg the Governors Heroism Award. Greg could have just accepted the award and not said much more than thanks. Instead he had the courage to stand up and explain how God was with him through it all and asked all present to consider letting God into their hearts. He was asked to give a talk at a church in town and there too he gave God all of the credit. He explained how miracles do happen, one of which he was blessed enough that God chose for him to play a roll in.

It is distressing to hear anyone try and degrade or humiliate Greg when he truly deserves the opposite. Rest assured though, as hard as it might seem for anyone who feels the need to drag Greg Bugher’s name through the mud for any reason that I will pray for you.
Friend

Sharpsville, IN

#5 Mar 12, 2013
Greg Bugher is a Great Guy!
Parker Bugher

Sharpsville, IN

#6 Mar 12, 2013
It makes me laugh when i see comments like the ones from "Emily" or "Need to know basis" about my DAD. I live with Greg Bugher everyday, and I as well as Curt Alexander know the real Greg Bugher. So let me start by correcting "Emily", you talk about Diane being your Hero well tell me where your Hero when I needed a Mom the most like on my eight year old birthday? I know she left my Family and I for another guy, now im 14 and your Hero still does not care. She has never been a real mom. Sounds like a real Hero to me NOT! "Need to know basis" you talk about Greg Bugher MIA when you needed him the most instead of thinking about your self where were you when he needed you the most, i guess I will never know becaues you hide your name by the way thats real mature when you make a comment like that! Also you say that anybody would save thoes kids well you can say that but the truth is no body else would save thoes kids thats why GOD chose my DAD for the job of saving thoes kids. P.S. The real Greg Bugher would give anybody the shirt off his back and anybody who knows Greg Bugher who are true people would agree with me 100 percent. By the way Greg Bugher has not got a dime or fame from this Heroic act just a Simle from GOD:)
Parker Bugher

Sharpsville, IN

#7 Mar 12, 2013
And to add to my comment. My Dad Greg Bugher always puts God, Family, and Friends first and himself last!
Knows a Hero

Kokomo, IN

#8 Mar 19, 2013
I was the one who invited Greg to speak at our church. He was a wonderfully humble man who gave God all the credit for putting him in the right place at the right time. I had to convince him to come! How dare you talk badly of this good man. I am honored to have met him as I knew Joy as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buck Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CPS, Judge Faith Graham, others Torturing Jamel... Dec 17 troy 5
Review: Vincent M Guido - Dentist Dec 17 Chiropractic Service 76
Shut down hotels/motels Nov '14 JCjc 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Oct '14 freetek 32
Robotic surgery improves hysterectomy (Jan '09) Oct '14 Jaimie 18
guys in lafayette NOT to date Oct '14 Sue 1
Cross Winds Apartments (Sep '13) Oct '14 jess 2
Buck Creek Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web