Indiana windmill farms

Apr 16, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Driving along I-65 near Chamers and Brookston Indiana , one cannot miss the farmlands covered in windmills.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 6
Beth

Cheswick, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2014

Judged:

Brookston has and hasn't changed a lot in the past 30 or so years. One thing that has definitely changed is the landscape, no longer do my kids look for the water tower coming up over the hill, now it's who can spot the windmills first. What hasn't changed are the wonderful people who live here. We still come to visit my Grandma on holidays or whenever we can make the trip from Pittsburgh. I attended Frontier elementary from 1981-1987, and my parents both graduated from Frontier high school in 1971. I always loved attending the Apple and Popcorn Festival as a child and I now enjoy it with my children when we are home. Brookston has a rich history and awesome food, from all the goodies at Grandma's house to the Top Notch down the street. Everyone is welcoming here, and I still consider it home.
Alison Young

Gold, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

It is very big farms in India. They are used Thermochemical cycles characterized by the decomposition and regeneration of reactants present another avenue for hydrogen production.
Lee

Warsaw, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Aug 6

Indiana doesn't bother with electrolysis, the wind generators are only used when there is a demand above the Bailey plant production. It's very rare to see more than eight of the generators working at any one time even when there is a brisk wind.

An electro-chemical plant would be positive both to the White County economy and the bottom line of the power plant but it's unlikely to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Buck Creek Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Buck Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••