35 years in prison pleases cop dad

35 years in prison pleases cop dad

There are 165 comments on the The Jackson Sun story from Jun 26, 2007, titled 35 years in prison pleases cop dad. In it, The Jackson Sun reports that:

“We felt we had a good case. April's our main witness. She had been through so much. We let her decide if she wanted it to go to trial.”

McKenzie Police Sgt. Jackie Sykes said Monday that he is pleased with the 35-year prison sentence that Virgil Samuels received for kidnapping and brutally attacking Sykes' daughter, April, in November 2005. via The Jackson Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Sun.

supid crackers

Paris, TN

#86 Aug 24, 2011
Ronalrdwwwr wrote:
Black people are animals, plain and simple. Why do we allow 12% of the population to commit all the crime. They are savages who have never created one successful civilization on their own, they have done nothing on their own. They are a joke of a race, inferior in every way.
WHITE PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! YOU DUMB A** CRACKER!!! WAKE THE F*CK UP!!!! ITS 2011 BLACK PEOPLE PAY TAXES JUST LIKE WHITE PEOPLE!!!! GO TO HELL YOU BIG RACIST DUMMY
OUTSIDER

United States

#87 Aug 30, 2011
I'll bet Ted Budys' family thought he was a good uncle/brother/cousin...whateve r. He just wasn't a good ANYTHING to his victims.
OUTSIDER

United States

#88 Aug 30, 2011
"black power"obama will set him free. BLACK POWER["
Wells...Obama set him free yet, ASS?
lol

United States

#89 Sep 3, 2011
He is being fed mexican sausage right from the bed he sleeps in. The Mexicans have made him a sissy. My brother is locked up with him. He is being pounded as we speak!
Anna Lisa

Jefferson, IA

#91 Sep 4, 2011
I know are you serious, have mercy on this brother? Wow you blacks really don't care about the facts, just the fact that he is a brother? What if that was your sister that was set on fire, your sister that was raped and stabbed. Would you still want to have mercy on the brother? Being burned alive is the worst thing you can do to a person. If I was the father of that girl, he would never had made it to prison.
Anna Lisa

Jefferson, IA

#92 Sep 4, 2011
I've written lots of letters to this guy in prison telling him what a monster he is. He is no better than an animal. I told him just think about this, you will be an old man when you get out, every night you have to sleep in a cage with crazy people including yourself screaming all night long. Your life is going to be a living hell for a long time. You won't know what it is like to have children or grandchildren or have sex with a woman while you are young. One day, you will burn in hell, not April. 35 long mother fing year "bro" have a nice time.
dna

Bedford, TX

#93 Sep 5, 2011
I read that the DNA evidence was taken from her vagina, not from her nails. Just to clarify.
White fan

Las Vegas, NV

#94 Mar 30, 2012
black power wrote:
obama will set him free. BLACK POWER
that's why George zimmerman killed that black kid because of comments like this
Person Fan

United States

#95 Mar 31, 2012
Until people stop living in the past, prejudice will continue. The ones that continue with the race issues are the ones keeping it from ending.

Black guy
Sykes not a saint

Paris, TN

#97 Apr 16, 2012
Before the trial HCSO busted a house party on Magnolia Tree Lane next thing after they started running people who they caught guess who was their back partying April maybe? Monte showed up and they let everyone go because of the "Big Case".
Simple man

Rutherford, TN

#98 Apr 16, 2012
I'll tell you what I would like to do to people selling dope. You take a big tall tree and short piece of rope. You hang em' up high and let em' swing till the sun goes down.
Drag

Dunmor, KY

#99 May 5, 2012
This guy is a sick animal!!!!
Avalon

San Antonio, TX

#100 May 12, 2012
AndrewJackson4President wrote:
<quoted text>
ape
Yes, "Ohio....since you're his SISTER what else would you say??
Phil from london uk

Isleworth, UK

#102 Jan 10, 2013
Just finished watching I survived. Felt compelled to find out more details online and came across this blog. After reading in disbelief some people's opions on here. I was shocked to see you/April responding to these cruel people. April you are so very brave and honest and I have nothing but respect for the way you have dealt with this monster. Please do not get drawn in by these people. Take care and be strong. Survivor x
april supporter

Erin, TN

#103 Jan 17, 2013
Phil from london uk wrote:
Just finished watching I survived. Felt compelled to find out more details online and came across this blog. After reading in disbelief some people's opions on here. I was shocked to see you/April responding to these cruel people. April you are so very brave and honest and I have nothing but respect for the way you have dealt with this monster. Please do not get drawn in by these people. Take care and be strong. Survivor x
Yes she is very brave and honest and courageous. She deserves nothing but respect, support, and love. I know her personally and she is nothing but greatness. I feel sorry for all you virgil supporters, you all know in your heart what he done and yet you want to act oblivious to it. Hes a monster. And i feel that 35 years was too lenient on him. They should have slayed him. Or at least took him out behind a shed and turn the good ol boys loose. But they didnt and its ok because God will judge him one day. Until then may he reflect upon his awfulness and worthless life in the cage for the animal he is.
Jordan Pressley

Seattle, WA

#104 May 11, 2013
I know this is several years too late and I don't know if you'll ever read this but i hope and pray to god you do. That girl was innocent, and putting race aside Virgil deserved what he got whether he was white black purple or green and in my opinion it wasn't harsh enough of a punishment. The Sykes family are and amazing family and they would never do anything to harm anyone. I'm sure if you had to go through half of what she went through you would want him to suffer in the worst possible way and that's if you survived what she miraculously survived. Most people wouldn't have had a strong enough will to stay alive and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have that strong will. So maybe you should show a little respect to April who has gone through so much. I knew her dad from school and I know there aren't many cops that are as sincere and caring as Jackie, so don't put that family down and next time you have an opinion anything like this you should keep it to yourself so maybe people might not think you are a total piece of shit with no respect for those who have to suffer at the hands of evil like she did. I don't know what put any of this in your head maybe you're jealous that she received a lot of attention from this and had so many people feel pity and sorrow for her, but so you this was attention she would have rather lived her life without and she didn't want pity or anyone feeling sorry for her because she was strong and she wants to use her terrible experience to try help prevent this from happening to others including sorry people like you.
Linda In NC

Sanford, NC

#105 Mar 15, 2014
OHIO wrote:
I understand how the family n friends feel on both sides however no1 knows what really happen besides the people that was there!!!!!! Sooooo to everybody that is pointing the finger @ him shut up if u really don't know the deal!!! did u every think about about what made him do this?????? naw no u don't even care the fact of the matter is it was a BLACK man that did this in Tennessee 2 a white girl o n her daddy just happen 2 b a cop lol........ o don't 4get how Tennessee look @ BLACK MALES!!!!!! I know him very well!!!!!!! n something pushed him to the point to strike out. The fact of the matter is we wasn't there so we will never TRULY know what happen 4 what ever reason. Just because the girl was lefted with marks that is seen by the eye, does not mean that Virgil wasn't lefted with emotional wounds as well. Moreover,
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE HIM!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY HAS A HEAVEN OR HELL 2 PUT HIM N SO STOP POINTING THE FINGER @ HIM!!!!!!!!!! FREE HIM!!!!
Look you disgusting B!tch, You can stop pulling the race card, because you are the only one here that cares. Yes, if it happened to your black a$$, I would care too!
And we could all give a sh!t less about Virgil's "emotional" scars. I hope he gets some physical scars in prison right up his evil A$$. Do you think anything that happened to him in his life really excuses what he did? Really, grow a brain DoDo. Furthermore, I can judge him all I want. You're a hypocrite telling people not to judge when you're blatantly judging the "little white girl who's daddy is a cop. Oh so that means "it's a set up, it's impossible, it didn't happen", because the formula for YOU is: white girl, black man, white girls dad is a cop. I don't care if it happened to a coke head, crack head, meth mouth prostitute,(of any race) IT"S NOT OKAY to do this to a human being!!!!!! We all judge. It's human nature, so get over it and stop spewing what all guilty people defensively spew when society lashes out to horrific $hit such as this. AND you better believe GOD WILL JUDGE HIM. Don't you worry about that, he will be dealt with. You're speaking nonsense here and think you are speaking wisdom. Because we weren't there doesn't mean that it didn't happen. That's like saying Jeffrey Dahlmer and Ted Bundy and all the other SICK FOCKS never committed their atrocities because "we wasn't there"!! I think his DNA pointed the finger at him when he decided to raped her. Smh. FRY HIM!!!!!!!!
Wise up and open your eyes, your "friend" is guilty. If my own brother did this to a human being, I would be ashamed and I would wash my hands of him.
Are you the person who picked him up in the vehicle after he set her and the car on fire.
Why hasn't that been mentioned? She heard the car pull up and leave. Who picked Virgil up????????
Linda In NC

Sanford, NC

#106 Mar 15, 2014
AndrewJackson4President wrote:
'Ohio' is exactly what is wrong with our society. If Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy was BLACK, then the blacks would be defending them too and claiming their innocence. If the folks who drove planes into the WTC on 9/11 were black then the majority of the black community would be crying over them too. So ridiculus. The people who defends these animals are either dillusional or they're mentally challenged. Which one is it?
WOW, I didn't even read your comment before I typed my reference to Dahlmer and Bundy. Funny thing is the WTC attacks came into my mind too but I didn't want to draw the conspiracy theorist out and get off topic...
Angel Or Not

Sanford, NC

#107 Mar 16, 2014
Sykes not a saint wrote:
Before the trial HCSO busted a house party on Magnolia Tree Lane next thing after they started running people who they caught guess who was their back partying April maybe? Monte showed up and they let everyone go because of the "Big Case".
I don't give a shit if she's no saint. I don't care if she was a drunkard crack head, coke head, meth head prostitute of any race. IT WOULD NEVER JUSTIFY WHAT HE DID!!!!!!!!!!
WAKE UP!!!!
No one cares if you try to smear Sykes. What happened to her is not okay REGARDLESS of what she allegedly does!
Angel Or Not

Sanford, NC

#108 Mar 16, 2014
supid crackers wrote:
<quoted text>
WHITE PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! YOU DUMB A** CRACKER!!! WAKE THE F*CK UP!!!! ITS 2011 BLACK PEOPLE PAY TAXES JUST LIKE WHITE PEOPLE!!!! GO TO HELL YOU BIG RACIST DUMMY
According to your username and comment, you are a racist dummy yourself. I understand being angered by that post, but two wrongs don't make a right.
You sir are a hypocrite!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben gensmer 58 min True story 55
Paris 1 hr frankfanintn 22
Any 19-20 year olds want to chat 1 hr Educate Me 33
Howells resort aggravated burglary 3 hr Howells trash 9
Hottest Guy in Henry County (Aug '10) 7 hr Pam 39
Roll Tide, Vols suck! 10 hr Guesttoo 3
candy Jones?? (Nov '15) 15 hr Long Cool Woman 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buchanan Mortgages