What's going on at Super D?

What's going on at Super D?

Posted in the Buchanan Forum

Eight Ball Eddie

Paris, TN

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Saw the signs had been taken down, what's the dealio?
Ithink

Grapevine, TX

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Hey,
I think I remember something a little while back on the news about the Super D stores going out of business. They are actually owned by Walgreen's or Walgreen's bought them out.
greeeen

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2012
yea Walgreen bought them and shut them down, they transferred all the accounts to the local Walgreen story, they also, increased the price of the only med i pay cash for from 8.99 to 32.99 and the dosage has not changed, cant even imagine the amount they are charging my insurance. It is sad watching the bigger power hunger corporate machines eat up the little businesses, least there they knew my name and acted like they care, while Walgreen they cannot remember your name and could careless about you as a person just a dollar sign....oh well we still have two nice family run pharmacies in tow now i just gotta chose one...good luck to you
buy small

Asheboro, NC

#4 Nov 14, 2012
We really should be buying small when it makes sense anyway. A Pharmacy is one we still can. I LOVE Eastwood Pharmacy!!
Eight Ball Eddie

Paris, TN

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Yeah my parents used the one that used to be in the shopping center by Save-a-Lot. They had to switch to Wal-Mart after that and every time they go there something gets screwed up. Sorry to hear about your troubles, greeeen.

Anyway I wonder if anything is going into that empty building? Would be a great spot for a White Castle :D
mom28

Oak Ridge, MO

#6 Nov 14, 2012
Perkins is a good pharmacy also. Family owned.
small town girl

United States

#7 Nov 14, 2012
Agree with Perkins! Lower prices that any other I've checked and its local family owned not some huge corporation
small town girl

Dallas, TX

#8 Nov 14, 2012
It's also close to the street corner I work.
greeeen

United States

#9 Nov 15, 2012
I went in to Perkins they were very nice and friendly. The Pharmacist even took time away to speak with me privately, and the prices were even lower which I didnt think was possible especially after talking to walgreen, they were getting my things transferred yesterday, The attention to me as a person, and the feeling like the pharmacist actually cared will keep me there til they shut down for good. This is what big companies have forgotten, customer service, guess they figure if they buy up everything we wont have any choice but to go there even if we hate the place...:(
well, I give perkins a five star rating as of now, hopefully it will be the same in five or six months......:)
yeah small private owned businesses the people that still manage to run them should be saluted and praised over and over again!!!!!!!!!!
small town girl

Atlanta, TX

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Funny, copying someone's name and posting something ridiculous. Anyway, my remark about Perkins was legit and they are a great place with nice people. Now whoever the other "small town girl" is....have a nice day!
small town girl

Keller, TX

#11 Nov 15, 2012
Today is a slow day on my corner
small town girl

Keller, TX

#12 Nov 15, 2012
And the cold air is freezing me in my hooker attire.
hehe

United States

#13 Nov 15, 2012
Dont stress the strung out teen, she is trying to flatter herself by pretending to be you, we all know the corner of perkins and the teeny boppers that hang on the corner do not come out until after dark, much like cockroaches, so how would she know anything about daytime business?
she wouldnt.
Perkins is great.
What is going on

United States

#14 Nov 16, 2012
After I joined (only $20 per yr for individual) Walgreens Savings Club... some of my drugs were actually cheaper that with Super D.

FYI... I believe that it is only a matter of time before CVS Pharmacy comes to Paris and a perfect spot would be at the corner of Volunteer Drive and East Wood St. Maybe not there but wait and see!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gabriel and Sarah Taylor (Oct '15) 1 hr texaslady 14
Be very careful 2 hr LMFAO 23
Chad Wagner 3 hr Family member 16
I hate doing business in Henry county 3 hr Lol 4
where is heather Pierpoint living 5 hr searching 2
Readers Choice 7 hr moved away 9
Brittany Kemp 8 hr Jazz 5

Buchanan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance