Jim James

Little Rock, AR

#1 Feb 2, 2014
Who is the mayor, no one ever talks about him. Do we even have one?
Mayor McCheese

Paris, TN

#2 Feb 2, 2014
Brent Greer, county mayor by election.
Sam Tharpe, city mayor, part time position, no real authority but lots of assumed authority. City Manager is the boss of the city.
connie

Bradford, TN

#3 Feb 2, 2014
I thought a lady named Mary was the Mayor.
Jim James

Little Rock, AR

#4 Feb 2, 2014
The mayor is a part time position?
retired

Paris, TN

#5 Feb 4, 2014
City mayor is part time. Not really even that. He's the chairman of the city commission. Doesn't maintain an office, just joins the other commissioners. Really he is just a tie vote breaker. Except ours is EVERYTHING free or important.
Better answer

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2014
The City Mayor is an elected commissioner... however, he is elected mayor by the other commissioners every two years when the commissioners are elected. It's a four year term with two commissioners elected and then three elected the next two years. That way there is always 2 or 3 in office at each election.

We have a City Manager form of government. But we also have five commissioner and one is mayor and yes he votes and if necessary he is the tie breaker.

Actually, I would almost prefer an elected Mayor with six elected commissioners... all well paid positions that way it would be worth running for office and might attract a better field of candidate's. The mayor and commissioners would make the laws and approve projects... there would be no city manager.

Brent Greer is the County Mayor and he is elected by the people as are the other county commissioners.

Should be the same for the city. But this would require a public vote and changing the city charter... which might even require approval from the state, but not sure about the state approval.

Just ideas for future thinking.
retired

Paris, TN

#7 Feb 6, 2014
Sorry but my answer was simple and just as accurate. Yours was not any better just used alot more words. Topix is not the place for well written stories.
frankhill

Paris, TN

#8 Feb 6, 2014
retired wrote:
Sorry but my answer was simple and just as accurate. Yours was not any better just used alot more words. Topix is not the place for well written stories.
lol butthurt much? who the **** are you to tell other people how and what to post? at least that guy gave a clear and concise answer, and didn't just spew toxic political garbage. the op asked a simple question, he didn't want your ****ing opinion
HCP

Henry, TN

#9 Feb 13, 2014
Sam Tharpe is a racist overbearing bully who has no business holding a position of power over our city nor our children. His idea of leadership is yelling and belittling students. He uses his pull in his part time positioin to advance his career in his full time position. Thank God our children are only under his "leadership" for one year. Maybe we need someone in these positions that puts the people of Paris and children of Grove foremost instead of what they can use to help themselves.
You got to be kidding

United States

#10 Feb 14, 2014
Have you ever had to deal with 400 9th. graders?

And as far as being Mayor... why don't you run for a seat on the city commission? Actually, the Mayor doesn't have that much power... it's the City Manage who runs the city. However, the Mayor does represent the city.

Do you even know Sam Tharpe?
retired

Paris, TN

#11 Feb 15, 2014
Poor Frank,

Did someone upset you before your nap? LOL For the record, I only posted to stir your IQ and tight bladder. Did I do either?
retired

Paris, TN

#12 Feb 15, 2014
HCP,

Brilliant!
frankhill

Paris, TN

#13 Feb 15, 2014
retired wrote:
Poor Frank,
Did someone upset you before your nap? LOL For the record, I only posted to stir your IQ and tight bladder. Did I do either?
so you're a troll as well as a fecking idiot. good to know.

now carry your fat worthless ass on down the road.
retired

Paris, TN

#14 Feb 20, 2014
Frank, that hurt. FYI, I'm crying.
Crazy people

United States

#15 Feb 20, 2014
Hey Frank.. your vocabulary seem to be limited. The f...word seems to be the only one you have mastered... try writing without it!
frankhill

Paris, TN

#16 Feb 20, 2014
Crazy people wrote:
Hey Frank.. your vocabulary seem to be limited. The f...word seems to be the only one you have mastered... try writing without it!
'
try blowing me.

there, not an f in sight. happy now?
Crazy people

United States

#17 Feb 20, 2014
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ben fields 1 hr Concerned 3
Hit & Run @ RJs.. 1 hr Concerned 8
So many Powerstrokes... 2 hr Copypasta 16
redneck style 5 hr Mr Bender 4
meo mios 10 hr been there done that 12
Gamestop Wed Gamer 3
Women who can't seem to find a man of their own Wed where ya at 20

Freeze Watch for Henry County was issued at March 26 at 4:14PM CDT

Buchanan Dating
Find my Match