how do you like living there?
awesome

Peoria, IL

#63 Jun 24, 2011
GJH, then go back to Florida.
GJH

Denver, NC

#64 Jun 25, 2011
Trust me, Sunday morning I will be on my way. Like I said, just visiting.
awesome

Poplar Grove, IL

#65 Jun 25, 2011
Obviously comparing Ft. Walton Beach to Murray is silly. But I find it amusing when people say "there's more stuff to do" ...leads me believe they are self-serving and uncreative.

If you're so concerned about having "stuff to do" then I would take a close look at myself.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Since: Jan 11

Florence, KY

#66 Jun 27, 2011
Trust wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I have lived here my whole life and if u were not born and raised here you will never be accepted and your kids will never be happy .Murray is a clicky selfish town and will eat u alive , I have a decent life her but like I said I was born here, outsiders are like meat for the dogs.
Trust hit the nail on head. I was not born and raised here, but have lived here for over 23 years and this is very true. My wife and I will never "fit in". Living here almost feels like something out of a Steven King novel. I feel bad for raising my kids in this backwards ass town. I have nothing bad to say about the local schools though. Kids do get a decent education if they apply themselves. I know mine will move far away from here (like most well educated kids) when they do finish school. The small town politics are so ridiculous it makes me want to throw up. I'm sorry, but most of the people I know in this town that was born and raised here are some of the most stupidest people I have ever met in my life. If it wasn't for MSU there would be zero diversity in this place. The biggest mistake I have ever made was not moving away from here when I graduated from Murray State.
lol

Murray, KY

#67 Jun 28, 2011
Carl, there's a lot of irony in your post. Sounds like you've pissed some folks off and now you're stuggling "fitting in".

This is not that small of a town. There are 38,000 people that live in this county and several thousand other students. I don't see politics anywhere and believe me, I would know. There are a lot of "non-natives" here because of the university and they get along just fine.

Did you know that the mayor is not originally from here?

There are MANY other smaller towns around here that are much, much worse.

Sounds like you've ruffled some feathers. If you don't like it here, move.
Love and Peace

Florence, KY

#68 Jun 28, 2011
Murray is great place to live but it's reputation is being corrupted by sick people coming from nearby towns

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69 Sep 29, 2011
on the lake wrote:
I've lived all over the world and all over the U.S. and I've never met so many F**KED UP people as I have in west Kentucky. Stay away... far away.
You are so right

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70 Sep 29, 2011
Racist town, full of ignorant hicks who judge other race's and think their better than blacks or mexicans. And for your information if I could leave I would so stuff that in your juice box and drink it.
Trollercoaster

Pflugerville, TX

#71 Sep 29, 2011
Tony66X wrote:
Racist town, full of ignorant hicks who judge other race's and think their better than blacks or mexicans. And for your information if I could leave I would so stuff that in your juice box and drink it.
What kind of juice will I be drinking? Tequila or Grape soda?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#72 Sep 29, 2011
Carl Hungus wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust hit the nail on head. I was not born and raised here, but have lived here for over 23 years and this is very true. My wife and I will never "fit in". Living here almost feels like something out of a Steven King novel. I feel bad for raising my kids in this backwards ass town. I have nothing bad to say about the local schools though. Kids do get a decent education if they apply themselves. I know mine will move far away from here (like most well educated kids) when they do finish school. The small town politics are so ridiculous it makes me want to throw up. I'm sorry, but most of the people I know in this town that was born and raised here are some of the most stupidest people I have ever met in my life. If it wasn't for MSU there would be zero diversity in this place. The biggest mistake I have ever made was not moving away from here when I graduated from Murray State.
So, educated people are the ones that move away directly after graduation? What if you can't find a job? Are you uneducated for staying here? Don't get me wrong, the day is coming down the pipe when I pack my bags and never look back, but honestly, I'm saving a LOT of money by STAYING for the time being.

You don't have to get along with the locals....just keep your rent paid for and enjoy getting things for fairly cheap. Then when you've got a job and your financial situation squared away, leave. That's essentially what I'm waiting to do.
Stretchnuts

Okeechobee, FL

#73 Sep 30, 2011
Trollercoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of juice will I be drinking? Tequila or Grape soda?
Lolzercats, I think it would be a mixed drink
haa

Puryear, TN

#74 Dec 16, 2011
puryear can go to hell
Rocky

Benton, KY

#75 Dec 16, 2011
Picky Fetus wrote:
<quoted text>
So, educated people are the ones that move away directly after graduation? What if you can't find a job? Are you uneducated for staying here? Don't get me wrong, the day is coming down the pipe when I pack my bags and never look back, but honestly, I'm saving a LOT of money by STAYING for the time being.
You don't have to get along with the locals....just keep your rent paid for and enjoy getting things for fairly cheap. Then when you've got a job and your financial situation squared away, leave. That's essentially what I'm waiting to do.
Stop being a loser and get out already. I got a good job but I stay because I not going to tuck my tail and run. I rule this town fool.
Jay

Springville, TN

#76 Dec 16, 2011
A lot of Paris folks go to Murray to shop and eat, even if they say they don't. You see any number of Tennessee plates all the time in Murray. At least you have decent eating places. To name a few: Stockade, Ryan's, Cracker Barrel, a lot of decent in-between and a number of fast food restaurants.

Shopping IMO is not that bad. You have a J C Penney, Lowe's, a decent well-stocked, rather new Wal-Mart, Goody's, a very nice Kroger with lots of choice meats and vegetables - a nice little mini mall, Big Lots, Family Dollar, Payless and some nice other places to shop as well. I'm sure the locals know of even more in the old town section.

Try coming to Paris. You have..........
Mick

Benton, KY

#77 Dec 17, 2011
Jay wrote:
A lot of Paris folks go to Murray to shop and eat, even if they say they don't. You see any number of Tennessee plates all the time in Murray. At least you have decent eating places. To name a few: Stockade, Ryan's, Cracker Barrel, a lot of decent in-between and a number of fast food restaurants.
Shopping IMO is not that bad. You have a J C Penney, Lowe's, a decent well-stocked, rather new Wal-Mart, Goody's, a very nice Kroger with lots of choice meats and vegetables - a nice little mini mall, Big Lots, Family Dollar, Payless and some nice other places to shop as well. I'm sure the locals know of even more in the old town section.
Try coming to Paris. You have..........
That's not really a fair match. It's like comparing the average person to a retard in a wheel chair.
Just my thought

United States

#78 Dec 17, 2011
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not really a fair match. It's like comparing the average person to a retard in a wheel chair.
What makes you think Murray is the center of the universe... it's not.

I spent 5 years in Murray going to MSU and only when I had to did I ever leave campus... other than a few more stores to shop and a few more restaurants to eat Murray is not much different that most towns it's size... that don't have a college... Murray State is the only thing holding Murray together. Without the college Murray would have nothing... just look around a see the connections to the college.

Hey, Murray is not a bad place to live... neither is Mayfield, Martin, Union City, Paris, or Martin, TN, but you have to look at each and what each offers. Too say one is better is a matter of opinion. They each have their good and bad points... but as a whole they are about the same.
mrs

Cadiz, KY

#79 Dec 18, 2011
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>That's not really a fair match. It's like comparing the average person to a retard in a wheel chair.
Hahahaha!!!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#80 Dec 18, 2011
Rocky wrote:
<quoted text>Stop being a loser and get out already. I got a good job but I stay because I not going to tuck my tail and run. I rule this town fool.
Nothing about your post made sense except for the last part where you claimed to "rule this town." I'm not so sure that's something to brag about...lol.
Jay

Springville, TN

#81 Dec 18, 2011
We have been told by a resident that Kentucky has a state income tax, personal property tax and license plates are taxed on the year of the car instead of a flat tax like Tennessee.

We were also told that anything with wheels, like a trailer or boat & boat trailer is also taxed a personal property tax every year whether you use it or not. Additionally, you are also taxed on your pension.

True or not?

dont know

Louisville, KY

#82 Dec 21, 2011
Jay wrote:
We have been told by a resident that Kentucky has a state income tax, personal property tax and license plates are taxed on the year of the car instead of a flat tax like Tennessee.
We were also told that anything with wheels, like a trailer or boat & boat trailer is also taxed a personal property tax every year whether you use it or not. Additionally, you are also taxed on your pension.
True or not?
True

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steven Miller 2 hr Haha 9
Stick Man from Texas 4 hr Ready to play som... 1
Facebook Prayers 5 hr WhyMe 35
David Sager 6 hr Curious 2
Kristen Evitts 6 hr Make 47
Miranda sandaville yoyngblood 10 hr JazzyJay 2
Searching for dentist in Paris that does extrac... 18 hr just sayin 9

Buchanan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance