First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#24 Dec 10, 2012
No, I've run lots of bulletin boards in the past, and that's the pattern. For every active user, there are about 10+ people who log in, read, but never post.

Don't know why it works out that way.

And let your kids believe in Santa Claus. Sounds like life is hard enough with you as a parent, let them have a little ray of hope that not everyone is a pragmatic sourpuss like you.
The grinch

Temple, GA

#25 Dec 10, 2012
I'd rather be a "pragmatic sourpuss" than an uneducated redneck that pulls stats out of their rear end.
Reason for the Season

Bremen, GA

#27 Dec 11, 2012
Personally we've always been truthful about Santa & told our children all about the real Saint Nicholas. It did not take away any of the Christmas magic or spirit but simply deepened the true meaning of Christmas for them.

Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ not waiting for a chubby man in a costume to come down the chimney. We do hang stockings as in the tradition of the real Saint Nicholas. And we give our children 3 additional gifts just as Jesus received 3 gifts.

Our children have never complained or said anything negative. They are nearly grown now & think how we celebrate Christmas is "cool". Definitely no regrets for anyone.
The grinch

Temple, GA

#28 Dec 11, 2012
Reason for the Season wrote:
Personally we've always been truthful about Santa & told our children all about the real Saint Nicholas. It did not take away any of the Christmas magic or spirit but simply deepened the true meaning of Christmas for them.
Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ not waiting for a chubby man in a costume to come down the chimney. We do hang stockings as in the tradition of the real Saint Nicholas. And we give our children 3 additional gifts just as Jesus received 3 gifts.
Our children have never complained or said anything negative. They are nearly grown now & think how we celebrate Christmas is "cool". Definitely no regrets for anyone.
Well good for y'all, iit makes me all warm
Inside knowing that your kids Think
Your Christmas is "cool"
uuh

Powder Springs, GA

#30 Dec 11, 2012
I just carried on a family tradition, did'nt seem to mess with my kid's . let the kids have fun , but also teach them the reason for the season, clich'e yes . I just can't understand why a parent would slap their kid's with a shitty mop at a young age .A relative of mine said ''you don't teach your kid's there is no Santa Clause ?" I said very quietly to them .'' That's right, i'm their Father and keep your opinions to yourself." - I can't prevent parents or friends from becoming joy killers, but i can shut them down. relatives especially.
uuh

Powder Springs, GA

#31 Dec 11, 2012
lol, once my little nephew wanted to see santa ,so he hid and waited, Christmas morning , his parents could'nt find him in bed , outside , the yard , anyywhere,, - they we're about to 911 , when just so happened , my sis in law walked by the clothes hamper , looked in and there was my nephew asleep, end of story, He found out who santy was .Did'nt really bother him . He's a good hearted, funny guy , and i'm proud of him .

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#32 Dec 11, 2012
uuh wrote:
I just carried on a family tradition, did'nt seem to mess with my kid's . let the kids have fun , but also teach them the reason for the season, clich'e yes . I just can't understand why a parent would slap their kid's with a shitty mop at a young age .A relative of mine said ''you don't teach your kid's there is no Santa Clause ?" I said very quietly to them .'' That's right, i'm their Father and keep your opinions to yourself." - I can't prevent parents or friends from becoming joy killers, but i can shut them down. relatives especially.
That is such an awesome attitude. Good for you!! Especially the part about slapping their kids with a shitty mop at a young age.

And grinch, just so you know, kids who think *anything* their parents do is "cool" are kids who will go to their parents when problems come up they can't handle. Those kids won't be afraid of their parents.

I wonder if you'll be able to say the same about yours.
The grinch

Temple, GA

#33 Dec 11, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is such an awesome attitude. Good for you!! Especially the part about slapping their kids with a shitty mop at a young age.
And grinch, just so you know, kids who think *anything* their parents do is "cool" are kids who will go to their parents when problems come up they can't handle. Those kids won't be afraid of their parents.
I wonder if you'll be able to say the same about yours.
So you think my kids are afraid of me?
Come on Wobb, I'm the grinch!
Every who down in whoville loves me!!!
Reason for the Season

Bremen, GA

#34 Dec 11, 2012
The grinch wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good for y'all, iit makes me all warm
Inside knowing that your kids Think
Your Christmas is "cool"
I didn't say they think Christmas is cool but how we celebrate it!
Wondering

Tallapoosa, GA

#35 Dec 13, 2012
What kind of person would use a mop like that? Certainly not a loving person, but why would you hit your kid with a mop anyway? So many things I do not understand.
The grinch

Temple, GA

#36 Dec 13, 2012
Wondering wrote:
What kind of person would use a mop like that? Certainly not a loving person, but why would you hit your kid with a mop anyway? So many things I do not understand.
I disciplined my kids with a belt. And if I didn't have a belt I would use a mop if that's all I
Had. Nothing wrong with whoopin a kid.
Wondering

Tallapoosa, GA

#38 Dec 13, 2012
Did you read what was on the mop? I suspect that that would be child endangerment. No problem with corperal punishment just don't go over board.
The grinch

Temple, GA

#39 Dec 13, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Did you read what was on the mop? I suspect that that would be child endangerment. No problem with corperal punishment just don't go over board.
Did I say I would use what was on the mop?
No, I clean my mops after I use them, your type would leave a mop in that condition.. So don't worry about what I use to discipline my kid.
Rednecks like you probably don't even know how to use a mop

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Villa Rica, GA

#40 Dec 13, 2012
Wish Topix had an IDIOT icon in the Judge it! section.
The grinch

Temple, GA

#41 Dec 13, 2012
octoberK wrote:
Wish Topix had an IDIOT icon in the Judge it! section.
Hahahaha.....
wondering

Atlanta, GA

#42 Dec 13, 2012
So rednecks are not in favor of "whupping" hmm I just took exception to the stuff on the mop that you were willing to use on your children. I think my neck is still the color of my face.
The grinch

Temple, GA

#43 Dec 13, 2012
wondering wrote:
So rednecks are not in favor of "whupping" hmm I just took exception to the stuff on the mop that you were willing to use on your children. I think my neck is still the color of my face.
What a hick!
uuh

Powder Springs, GA

#45 Dec 14, 2012
Hitting with a sh!tty mop is a term , from the Rangers . Not an actual thing to do - but i know some folk's i'd like to slap with one or two or three. lol ! not here , but outside in the world . And puleeeeze, don't go blowing a head gasket!!.< another term.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bremen has changed 2 min MSO4 27
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cedartown, GA (Aug '10) 45 min Raymond 68
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr Synergy 58,592
Johnny Smith 5 hr classmate 2
Bremen Football 9 hr Concerned 4
Best General Practitioner/Family Doctor in our ... (Jul '10) 10 hr spock 12
Portobello Pizza & Grill 11 hr Yankee girl 3

Buchanan News Video

Buchanan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Buchanan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Buchanan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Buchanan