stinky pete

Conyers, GA

#21 Dec 2, 2012
It may not be the best place in your world wobb, but i think it's a great place, we might not have the money to fix up the town to YOUR satifaction , but 99.0% of the people here will give you the shirts off there back and go home to get you another one . You on the other hand do not fit in , your an atheist know it all that GIVES THE TOWN A BAD NAME. Just pack up and leave , don't come back , good riddance!! Matter of fact why are you on here anyway ? You don't like us. your sure don't seem to have any friend's here.

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#22 Dec 2, 2012
Not worried about the *houses* on 78 -- it's the *businesses*. The houses are what they are, and for the most part are neat and well kept. The businesses, on the other hand...

As for fixing up the city, what the hell do you think you and I pay taxes for?

I've lived long enough to know the grass isn't green on either side of the fence. And I personally would rather have not bought in Bremen. It's just that all we were looking for was right here.

Incidentally, I was thinking today about small Southern towns. Seems to me the ones that have retained a quaint charm are the ones that have town squares.

Where is Bremen's town square?
Ecstatic

Nebo, NC

#23 Dec 2, 2012
Now your back peddling? Is it the houses or the businesses. I think Wobb just got "punked out" on topix..haha. You bought a house here because you liked it! You just gotta complain about something, next week it will be something different. Those " businesses" that you complain about are privately owned, and it's the owners right to do whatever they want with them, not the city's responsibility to fix them up, you socialistic fool. Are you gone yet?
stinky pete

Conyers, GA

#24 Dec 2, 2012
just look in your mirror.

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#25 Dec 2, 2012
Nope, not going anywhere. I actually didn't specify *either* houses or businesses, so stating a specific amendment to a general statement isn't "back pedaling" (please not the proper spelling).

I don't know why I try to engage you small-minded, mean-spirited fools in an actual debate and/or discussion. You always eventually feel cornered for some reason and resort to some sort of straw man argument.

I suppose it makes you feel really smart and like you're "winning" if you think you've scored a point by bringing up a straw man. Fine. I see my attempts at civil discourse are, as always, pearls before swine.

So root, hog, root.(BTW, that's not a euphemism, that's an allegory.)

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#26 Dec 2, 2012
That should be "note the proper spelling".
stinky pete

Conyers, GA

#27 Dec 2, 2012
see the town square yet wobb?
aggravated again

Bremen, GA

#28 Dec 2, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
Nope, not going anywhere. I actually didn't specify *either* houses or businesses, so stating a specific amendment to a general statement isn't "back pedaling" (please not the proper spelling).

I don't know why I try to engage you small-minded, mean-spirited fools in an actual debate and/or discussion. You always eventually feel cornered for some reason and resort to some sort of straw man argument.

I suppose it makes you feel really smart and like you're "winning" if you think you've scored a point by bringing up a straw man. Fine. I see my attempts at civil discourse are, as always, pearls before swine.

So root, hog, root.(BTW, that's not a euphemism, that's an allegory.)
It is aggravating when you come on here and dog some of the businesses and fuss about other aspects of town. I was not born here but I moved here for several reasons. I've lived in a bigger town with beautiful landscaped businesses. But the neighborhoods were tight, you couldn't see the stars at night, you couldn't trust your neighbor, and nobody knew your name. I will not for an instant regret my decision to move here and the old town Bremen folks have been nothing but kind to me.

People here tend to treat you how you treat them. And I have no doubt in my mind that I have met some of the kindest people in my life here. Maybe it's because I'm involved and I treat those I meet with respect.

It's frustrating to come here and see you so negative about a town that you choose to come too. I choose here and I plan to stay here for the positive things I find here.

And I have yet to see your atheistic clan clean up the cemetery like you threw up in our faces a while back or volunteer for the food bank or do any number of community service projects. It's the typical I want something better attitude but with the caveat that I want you to give me that something better and I'm going to sit on my lazy ass while you do it and complain about it not meeting my lazy standards.

Do you like anything in Bremen?

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#29 Dec 2, 2012
You don't see any of the stuff I do on a volunteer basis because I don't crow about it. I just do it.

I'm seeing less and less to like in Bremen. Although the library is wonderful.
Ecstatic

Temple, GA

#30 Dec 2, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
Nope, not going anywhere. I actually didn't specify *either* houses or businesses, so stating a specific amendment to a general statement isn't "back pedaling" (please not the proper spelling).
I don't know why I try to engage you small-minded, mean-spirited fools in an actual debate and/or discussion. You always eventually feel cornered for some reason and resort to some sort of straw man argument

I suppose it makes you feel really smart and like you're "winning" if you think you've scored a point by bringing up a straw man. Fine. I see my attempts at civil discourse are, as always, pearls before swine.
So root, hog, root.(BTW, that's not a euphemism, that's an allegory.)
Wow! I bet your brain is sizzling after those big words! How long did you spend looking those up before you posted them?
I love it how rednecks get on here and try to sound "educated"

“The real B-Man”

Since: Nov 12

Carrollton, GA

#31 Dec 2, 2012
stinky pete wrote:
just look in your mirror.
said the old dumbass with a 6 year old's mentality. Is that all you've got, idiot? Please run along. You're not good enough to play here. And that's pathetic.

“The real B-Man”

Since: Nov 12

Carrollton, GA

#32 Dec 2, 2012
stinky pete wrote:
It may not be the best place in your world wobb, but i think it's a great place, we might not have the money to fix up the town to YOUR satifaction , but 99.0% of the people here will give you the shirts off there back and go home to get you another one . You on the other hand do not fit in , your an atheist know it all that GIVES THE TOWN A BAD NAME. Just pack up and leave , don't come back , good riddance!! Matter of fact why are you on here anyway ? You don't like us. your sure don't seem to have any friend's here.
Ahh, more of that Xtian love we hear so much about here in the bible belt. So people who don't believe, like you, in invisible sky fairies need to pack up and leave? There's a reason they call you stinky, right?

“it is what it is”

Since: Sep 12

tallapoosa

#33 Dec 3, 2012
There's a reason they call you stinky, right?....well crap! and i thought we were allowed to make up our own names here...l8tr

“Mess with these Claws......”

Since: Oct 09

Carrollton, GA

#34 Dec 3, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
Nope, not going anywhere. I actually didn't specify *either* houses or businesses, so stating a specific amendment to a general statement isn't "back pedaling" (please not the proper spelling).
I don't know why I try to engage you small-minded, mean-spirited fools in an actual debate and/or discussion. You always eventually feel cornered for some reason and resort to some sort of straw man argument.
I suppose it makes you feel really smart and like you're "winning" if you think you've scored a point by bringing up a straw man. Fine. I see my attempts at civil discourse are, as always, pearls before swine.
So root, hog, root.(BTW, that's not a euphemism, that's an allegory.)
Are you for real? Engage in a debate? All I saw was your ugly response to someones nice post about Bremen. Is it any wonder people respond to you in such a way? I try so hard to be civil with you but then you open that mouth,in this case type and crap comes out. Wob, do something about your own eyesore you live in before you attack others dwellings/business. SMH
stinky pete

Snellville, GA

#35 Dec 3, 2012
B-Man2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, more of that Xtian love we hear so much about here in the bible belt. So people who don't believe, like you, in invisible sky fairies need to pack up and leave? There's a reason they call you stinky, right?
So your an Anti - Christ .You must be wobb's long lost illegitimate son. And if that is why do you live in the BIBLE BELT , I-20 there for you too.
stinky pete

Snellville, GA

#36 Dec 3, 2012
B-Man2 wrote:
<quoted text>
said the old dumbass with a 6 year old's mentality. Is that all you've got, idiot? Please run along. You're not good enough to play here. And that's pathetic.
Back at ya !

“Get off my lawn”

Since: Jul 10

Bremen, GA

#37 Dec 3, 2012
Quod est demonstrandum. SMH
stinky pete

Snellville, GA

#38 Dec 3, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
Quod est demonstrandum. SMH
Wow, you really got me there lol, why are you shaking yor head , I thought it wobbled.
aggravated again

Bremen, GA

#42 Dec 4, 2012
wobbler1957 wrote:
Quod est demonstrandum. SMH
It's pretty stupid when you throw this phrase out. You've proven nothing except in your own head. If you hate it here so much, move. You're making yourself miserable here. If you're stuck here because of personal reasons and can't move, I recommend getting an attitude check. Try it - you'll be received differently.
Move then

Bremen, GA

#43 Dec 4, 2012
You aways talk about your house being free and clear of a mortgage. There is shortage of houses for sell in the city limits. Sell it and be gone with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buchanan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min THE WB 83,940
Halloween downtown Rockmart 11 hr Itiswhatitis 4
Bud Hicks (Jul '15) 13 hr Jessica 5
Polk County DA Fri Ranger1 4
Ingles Fri Polk family 4
Award #2 (Sep '13) Fri swtwtr89 12
Rockmart football clowns (Jan '16) Sep 22 Rockmart 19

Buchanan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buchanan Mortgages