Do you approve of Curtis Cochran as S...

Do you approve of Curtis Cochran as Sheriff?

Posted in the Bryson City Forum

concerned

Tarboro, NC

#1 Mar 26, 2014
I just don't feel Mr. Cochran has served the people well ,his arrest statistics don't match the volume of crime . The Sheriffs department has alienated the citizens and failed to reduce the drug issues significantly.
wanderer

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Mar 26, 2014
I approve of him, I feel like he has more than served the county and communities. How do the statistics not match? The biggest problem the communities have, other than crime, is people not wanting to do anything or say anything when they have information. if the people would realize, it takes voices to stand up and testify against the maggots, then more things would get done. you cant go tell the sheriff or an officer about "this going on" or "this person has stolen goods". That person needs to be willing to stand up in court and testify to it, otherwise the info is kinda useless.
How has he alienated the citizens? and what would you do to reduce the drug issues?
Concerned

Tarboro, NC

#3 Mar 27, 2014
It seems that you do support Mr.Cochran , however law enforcement is about preparing cases and investigating reported cases ,building evidence ,preparing the case and going to court . People don't and won't gift wrap the criminals for him or the present deputies. This is the area they are not well prepared , they need ongoing training on evidence collection and investigation that they just don't do! The statistics or conviction rate and the amount of cases made do not match the volume of crime . I don't want to waste time back and forth these are just facts . The lack of proactive enforcement can't be overlooked.I have been in many facets of law enforcement and can tell that there is a lack of motivation or knowledge in pursuing offenders . Thank you for your response .I have been a deputy in Swain way back and this has always been a problem , just drugs and crime has grown in severity .Its time to make a change for the good of the people , that's my opinion..//////::
wanderer wrote:
I approve of him, I feel like he has more than served the county and communities. How do the statistics not match? The biggest problem the communities have, other than crime, is people not wanting to do anything or say anything when they have information. if the people would realize, it takes voices to stand up and testify against the maggots, then more things would get done. you cant go tell the sheriff or an officer about "this going on" or "this person has stolen goods". That person needs to be willing to stand up in court and testify to it, otherwise the info is kinda useless.
How has he alienated the citizens? and what would you do to reduce the drug issues?
Bob

Candler, NC

#4 Oct 1, 2015
Nope.he pocket money from law abbying citizens from gun permits.many of sheriff do it.if he doesn't like you you doesn't get a permit.that's taken away from local businesses too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bryson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swain County Sheriff Dept. Officers & Irrespons... (May '12) Aug 13 Anonymous 31
Tribal Bingo (May '10) Jul 23 Jane Doe 21
Nathan Burchfield Jul 19 Squaw 2
Theresa braham Jul '17 Jade 1
Swing shift at mill Jul '17 thirstyman 1
Brown Numbered signs on I-40 (Apr '08) Jul '17 Jerry 38
Cherokee Music Thread (Nov '13) Jul '17 Musikologist 11

Bryson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bryson City Mortgages