Church Members/preachers think they a...

Church Members/preachers think they are better(PLEASE READ)

Posted in the Bryson City Forum

tiredofreligion

Wilmington, NC

#1 Aug 3, 2012
pretty bad when the pastor of a church calls and says"you cant come to my church and perticipate if you dont have a regular church that you attend.Let me tell you one thing"TINY FRADY,and BIG BAD BRAD BURNS,and the "facebook motormouths.Seems to me we need to worry about our own selfs,and our FAMILY MEMBERS and the shit they do,MR.PERFECTS,and MRS.PERFECTS.How do you all get off on telling me,or acutally sending a message thru someone else because you all are nothing but a bunch of cowards),and pass judgment.Tell all 4 of you individuals what,ill take it up with you when i see you cause im dying to really tell you what i think cause i cant say it on here.And by the way,i guess im already condemned to hell for going this far huh preachers and family.
what

Bryson City, NC

#2 Aug 7, 2012
I am sorry you had a bad experience, there. And, if you had a regular Church, wouldn't you be going there? Typically, people try out different Churches to find one. Again, sorry you had a bad experience "there".
dawn

Mocksville, NC

#3 Aug 7, 2012
tiredofreligion wrote:
pretty bad when the pastor of a church calls and says"you cant come to my church and perticipate if you dont have a regular church that you attend.Let me tell you one thing"TINY FRADY,and BIG BAD BRAD BURNS,and the "facebook motormouths.Seems to me we need to worry about our own selfs,and our FAMILY MEMBERS and the shit they do,MR.PERFECTS,and MRS.PERFECTS.How do you all get off on telling me,or acutally sending a message thru someone else because you all are nothing but a bunch of cowards),and pass judgment.Tell all 4 of you individuals what,ill take it up with you when i see you cause im dying to really tell you what i think cause i cant say it on here.And by the way,i guess im already condemned to hell for going this far huh preachers and family.
Seems to me that whoever did this to you needs to read their bibles a lot more! As christians we don't have the right to judge others ! This is a problem in so many churches now . We go to church to worship the lord and what difference does it make if you are not a member of a certain church ? Anyone can join a church but if they don't feel like the lord is there they need to visit others churches !
Not all being told

Webster, NC

#4 Aug 20, 2012
The church in question has by-laws that states that no preacher can preach there that doesn't attend church regularly and no group can sing there that doesn't attend church regularly. NOT that they can't attend. They were asked to sing there but later got a member that doesn't attend church and that's when the church asked the minister to cancel the singing. ANYONE can attend, but you can't minister as a singing group at this church if you don't go to church. They weren't singled out, surprisingly there are several gospel groups that have members that don't go to church. For some churches that may be ok, but this one has rules against it.
Wow

Webster, NC

#5 Aug 20, 2012
Not all being told wrote:
The church in question has by-laws that states that no preacher can preach there that doesn't attend church regularly and no group can sing there that doesn't attend church regularly. NOT that they can't attend. They were asked to sing there but later got a member that doesn't attend church and that's when the church asked the minister to cancel the singing. ANYONE can attend, but you can't minister as a singing group at this church if you don't go to church. They weren't singled out, surprisingly there are several gospel groups that have members that don't go to church. For some churches that may be ok, but this one has rules against it.
If the person who wrote the original post is the guy that didn't go to church, I don't think I would want him to "sing" at my church. He has some anger issues. He needs to find God. Praying for all involved.
Confused

Bryson City, NC

#6 Aug 21, 2012
Not all being told wrote:
Maybe I just don't understand, but Jesus did not have a regular church that he attended because he traveled the land and taught, probably sang - I don't know, but he couldn't preach/teach or sing at a church under the bylaws either, could he? That's the problem. Christ is not welcome in too many "churches" these days. I believe man's rules and laws are one thing He sought to change and He came to teach the truth. Jesus was and is a friend of sinners. He came to save the lost, not cast them out the way man does. The church is supposed to be the Body of Christ and we have work to do. Let's unite and pray together for ALL of us, we all need it. God Bless!
God Bless

Webster, NC

#7 Aug 21, 2012
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I just don't understand, but Jesus did not have a regular church that he attended because he traveled the land and taught, probably sang - I don't know, but he couldn't preach/teach or sing at a church under the bylaws either, could he? That's the problem. Christ is not welcome in too many "churches" these days. I believe man's rules and laws are one thing He sought to change and He came to teach the truth. Jesus was and is a friend of sinners. He came to save the lost, not cast them out the way man does. The church is supposed to be the Body of Christ and we have work to do. Let's unite and pray together for ALL of us, we all need it. God Bless!
It could go back and forth, I know, but God was angry with what was going on in the temple. There has to be a stand made as of to what is done in Gods house. They were trying to do that as they believed God would have them do. I don't think there was any hard feelings from any member of the church, they said they loved all of them. I hope them nothing but the best. God Bless all of you.
Oh My

AOL

#8 Sep 6, 2012
Laws that say a person can't sing with a group if not a member of that church or even a member of another church? Where in the bible does it say that is one of God's laws? EVERYONE should be welcome to sing, pray, etc in ANY church. A church is a house of GOD, not a church of an individual(s). It's where you learn about GOD's laws and follow them. Maybe if it was explained what harm would come to the church if it allowed such an event to take place, I could understand better. So please explain the reasoning behind this 'law'.
get the facts

Cullowhee, NC

#9 Nov 29, 2012
the one in question does not only attend a regular church they only go when they sing they are not striving to be a Christian that the problem
wakeup

Cullowhee, NC

#10 Nov 30, 2012
The devil appears in many forms, one of the easiest places for evil to prevail is in a place where people are expecting each other to be on their "holiest" behavior.
Confused

Otto, NC

#11 Dec 1, 2012
An old saying that still holds true is that a sinner cant get near an alter for the mossy-backed hypocrites. Did God not use Paul (Saul) to spread the good news of His Kingdom? Who are we to decide another person's relationship with Him? Did Paul attend a regular church or did he spend most of his time in jail for preaching the Kingdom of God? If I go to church to judge other people for their convictions or what they are wearing, I think I might be in trouble with my Savior more than that person would be on the true Judgment Day. Please, if that person's "standards" are not up to yours, who set your standards? God or man? Let's pray for all of us.
tiredofreligion

Carthage, NC

#12 Dec 5, 2012
get the facts wrote:
the one in question does not only attend a regular church they only go when they sing they are not striving to be a Christian that the problem
What?
tiredofreligion

Fountain Inn, SC

#13 Dec 5, 2012
get the facts wrote:
Its quite funny whe you sit there and run your trap and your screen name is "Get the Facts".Seems to me you are one of those people that go to church and scream amen.Im not ashamed of who i am.My name is David Nations.Now with that being said,why dont you quit being a coward and come out with your name.Id love to confront you on a few things.Get a life
tiredofreligion

United States

#14 Dec 5, 2012
Confused wrote:
An old saying that still holds true is that a sinner cant get near an alter for the mossy-backed hypocrites. Did God not use Paul (Saul) to spread the good news of His Kingdom? Who are we to decide another person's relationship with Him? Did Paul attend a regular church or did he spend most of his time in jail for preaching the Kingdom of God? If I go to church to judge other people for their convictions or what they are wearing, I think I might be in trouble with my Savior more than that person would be on the true Judgment Day. Please, if that person's "standards" are not up to yours, who set your standards? God or man? Let's pray for all of us.
Thanks"Confused" or your input.And this"Get The Facts"wonders why peole DONT go to church.Its because of people like them.
Confused

Young Harris, GA

#15 Dec 7, 2012
I have regularly attended a church who invites guest singers and if the Spirit is there with me I get a blessing out of the singing whether or not these people attend a regular church. Again, I do not believe that we are commanded to attend a regular church (building) but we are to have fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ. If an unsaved person is present at a gathering of this nature, singer, listener, or half dozing, they just might get saved. But if we forbid them we are not in good shape ourselves. Please don't hold a grudge, but forgive and pray for all concerned. I saw a great expression recently, "unforgiving is like drinking poison trying to kill the other person". God bless all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bryson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fun (Jan '16) 4 hr LilKim 2
where are the single women in robbinsville? (Nov '10) 4 hr LoveThem 19
Police Raid in Town? May 14 Marla 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Curtis Cochran as Sheriff? (Mar '14) May 12 S Clontz 10
people that forget where they come from (Apr '13) May 10 Pumper 6
HOT TN guy in silver durmax (Dec '16) May 8 LilKim 8
Brown Numbered signs on I-40 (Apr '08) Apr 30 Sonja 42

Bryson City Jobs

Personal Finance

Bryson City Mortgages