Devlin's wife disputes child-sex claims -- themorningcall.com

There are 43 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 17, 2007, titled Devlin's wife disputes child-sex claims -- themorningcall.com. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The wife of Lehigh University administrator Steven Devlin says she and her children have never participated in the ''deviant misconduct'' that police say he boasts about in Internet messages seeking sex with a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cindy

Allentown, PA

#1 Jul 17, 2007
And once again, a husband has ruined the lives of the family he should have been protective of. It all boils down to selfishness, self-gratifying behavior, irresponsibility. Now wife and children are the ones who suffer the shame, the talk behind their backs, the stares. Nevermind the ones that he probably harmed with his direct acts of deviancy, yet to be uncovered. What purpose does this person serve in society but to make it a worse place to live?
Barr

AOL

#2 Jul 17, 2007
I believe someone is making this out to be More so then what it is , its alway's like that No matter what the story is !! i mean over the internet O'please !! anything over the internet should'nt be edvidence should be here say..People take "CRAP & TYPOS" out of contex!! and typing about you'r thoughts and acting them out is whole different tune " in my opinion" Just Like the VIPE from Air Product's she Probably talked him in on coming on over for a quickie !! and he Jumped on it and things got out of hand i'm sure theres Leather Material in the Basement of that home a secret door sort of speak!!.. but in my opinion i believe the story's we read are taking out of contex just like OUR comments and Opinions ect:
Barr

AOL

#3 Jul 17, 2007
P.S but i see theres a lot of People Out here that Love the "DRAMA !! hahahahahaha (" Arrive, Raise Hell, Drink Beer, and Leave !! " ) and i just did!!
amen

Whitehall, PA

#4 Jul 17, 2007
Barr wrote:
I believe someone is making this out to be More so then what it is , its alway's like that No matter what the story is !! i mean over the internet O'please !! anything over the internet should'nt be edvidence should be here say..People take "CRAP & TYPOS" out of contex!! and typing about you'r thoughts and acting them out is whole different tune " in my opinion" Just Like the VIPE from Air Product's she Probably talked him in on coming on over for a quickie !! and he Jumped on it and things got out of hand i'm sure theres Leather Material in the Basement of that home a secret door sort of speak!!.. but in my opinion i believe the story's we read are taking out of contex just like OUR comments and Opinions ect:
Probably the most sensible comment to date on this and most other issues raised in these forums........
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Jul 17, 2007
One way to check if his claims about "initiating" their daughters might be correct would be to give the girls a physical exam. But even if he didn't actually do anything, boasting over the Internet about "breaking in" young girls is sick.
LOST

Mertztown, PA

#6 Jul 17, 2007
Whether or not he committed the acts he claimed via the online chats, the fact that he actually said such things and was thinking such things is extremely deviant and perverted. Mrs. Devlin's husband is a pervert, why else would he say such things and actually try to hook up with little girls?? The proof that he at least tried is there - that cannot be denied.Of course the wife will defend him - she's going to try and maintain the "facade".
RideEmCowboy

Allentown, PA

#7 Jul 17, 2007
Ah, his wife is a Lehigh vice president.

That answers the previous question of why Steven Devlin is on administrative leave from his job at Lehigh, and not simply fired, which has been Lehigh's practice with other employees in the past.
Jay

Allentown, PA

#8 Jul 17, 2007
if it is found to be true that he did molest children he should sentenced to death...its a death sentence for the kids

Since: Jul 07

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Jul 17, 2007
Pachacutec, there are no "girls" of the Devlins. There are a practically-fatherless boy and girl.

His statements about daughters were in the midst of trying to convince the undercover officer commit a crime against children with him. They were lies.
Hannah

Seattle, WA

#10 Jul 17, 2007
Barr wrote:
Once again, Barr, you are a total ahole. This college faculty member is on the internet soliciting sex with children and you think that is alright. YOu think that whatever he said was 'taken out of context' PLEASE!! It is a little hard to misunderstand that he wanted to break in a 7 and 9 yr old for sex! Most of the times on these forums you are stupid but this time you have really gone over the edge! I hope you have no kids because some sexual predator could certainly get around someone with your intelligence.
Justice

Whitehall, PA

#12 Jul 17, 2007
This man is an animal and should be put done as you would a rabid one. There is no defense for him or anyone like him. Those that defend this man are certifiable.

“Ahhhhh! R&R!”

Since: Mar 07

Coatesville

#13 Jul 17, 2007
What the heck is she smiling about in the picture? This is not a happy matter!
Shocked in Shanghai

Shanghai, China

#14 Jul 17, 2007
RideEmCowboy wrote:
Ah, his wife is a Lehigh vice president.
That answers the previous question of why Steven Devlin is on administrative leave from his job at Lehigh, and not simply fired, which has been Lehigh's practice with other employees in the past.
I think the previous employee was also put on unpaid leave, then fired when the investigation confirmed his conviction.

I feel bad for Bonnie and the kids for being implicated by Steve as he entertained his sickness.
Helllo

Tappahannock, VA

#15 Jul 17, 2007
He met up with the detective...that's enough to make him guilty of the crime! He INTENDED to do what he said he was going to do in his text messages. How is that taken out of context?

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Jul 17, 2007
The photo is from The Morning Call files -- it was not taken after the recent events.
Patty O-Chair

New York, NY

#17 Jul 17, 2007
cicjtn - this is a file photo.
I hope this woman dumps his moldy a$$.
Barr - you are a true a$$hat

“yep,,it's me....”

Since: Feb 07

Bethlehem

#18 Jul 17, 2007
Barr wrote:
BRAVO ! this is one of the best comments I have ever read here on this site. And so very true
atowngirl

Hazleton, PA

#19 Jul 17, 2007
God Bless Bonnie Devlin and her children. I can't imagine what they are going through. Stay strong...you have nothing to be ashamed of. It was his actions, not yours.
atowngirl

Hazleton, PA

#20 Jul 17, 2007
I agree with Mitch! Hey Barr, are you and idiot? or just a plain ***hole?

Stewartsville, NJ

#21 Jul 17, 2007
Hannah wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Barr, you are a total ahole. This college faculty member is on the internet soliciting sex with children and you think that is alright. YOu think that whatever he said was 'taken out of context' PLEASE!! It is a little hard to misunderstand that he wanted to break in a 7 and 9 yr old for sex! Most of the times on these forums you are stupid but this time you have really gone over the edge! I hope you have no kids because some sexual predator could certainly get around someone with your intelligence.
You have to go easy on Barr. It's obvious to anyone who reads these forums that this individual's reality is a little different. I actually think it's someone playing games to annoy people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bryn Mawr Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cindi rooney Feb '15 meetoo 6
News Burglars Hit Main Line Homes as Residents Sleep Feb '15 Lost souls 2
News Airborne Jeep Lands on Top of Cars at Ardmore D... Feb '15 PoorSkillNotAge 1
submissive guy wants a dominatrix Feb '15 34strongdick 1
News Remembering Jim Croce 40 years on (Sep '13) Feb '15 shizzle 8
News Ex-Pa. treasurer to plead guilty to 2 extortion... Feb '15 Nichole 1
Gladwyne Superfresh is a DUMP (Nov '13) Jan '15 Worthless Heeb Loser 10
More from around the web

Bryn Mawr People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]