Her husband charged in sex sting, Leh...

Her husband charged in sex sting, Lehigh U. official resigns --...

There are 27 comments on the The Morning Call story from Oct 4, 2007, titled Her husband charged in sex sting, Lehigh U. official resigns --.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Bonnie Devlin, a top administrator at Lehigh University whose husband is facing trial for soliciting sex from minors on the Internet, has resigned from her position, according to university officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
coin this saddened

Allentown, PA

#1 Oct 4, 2007
What a crying shame for this wife and children. to be used and abused to such an extent.

May this jerk of a husband and fathers remaining life be filled with disappointment, guilt, embarressment, and pain.
shawn

Nazareth, PA

#3 Oct 4, 2007
WHAT wrote:
WHERE ARE ALL OF THE RACIST IDIOTS NOW THAT LIKE TO COMMENT ON CRIME? MAYBE THEY WILL NOT COMMENT BECAUSE THE TRASH IS WHITE.....
This is one of the sickest comments I have read!

“Emmaus, PA”

Since: Oct 07

Emmaus

#5 Oct 4, 2007
PhilDirt wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Everyone knows the Puerto Ricans put him up to it!
:-)
Hope Ms. Devlin can find someplace good to forget all this, and put it behind her. That poor woman. What on earth will she tell her kids?
Their kids are old enough to understand this all...that's part of what makes it worse...she will probably get as far away from this area as she can.
Freedom of speech

Birdsboro, PA

#6 Oct 4, 2007
Why post a response? If you post a response the Morning Call does not agree with the post is removed. Why waste your time.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#7 Oct 4, 2007
Well there is one here so far. That's you
WHAT wrote:
WHERE ARE ALL OF THE RACIST IDIOTS NOW THAT LIKE TO COMMENT ON CRIME? MAYBE THEY WILL NOT COMMENT BECAUSE THE TRASH IS WHITE.....

“Tolerance and reason”

Since: Apr 07

Lehigh County

#8 Oct 4, 2007
This is such a tragedy, another casualty of this sick man's actions. I can understand why she needs to go elsewhere, too many bad vibes for her at Lehigh. I'm sure her family has enjoyed a very good income, but nevertheless it must be very difficult to go from two good salaries to none. Best wishes for a quick rebound...
LARRY

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Oct 4, 2007
MORE LEAVE WITH PAY.....THATS CALLED VACATION !!!!!
STFU

New York, NY

#10 Oct 4, 2007
WHAT wrote:
Go back to your ghetto, loser.
amanda

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Oct 4, 2007
I wish this woman the best. It must have been a long road so far. I cannot imagine the embarrasment she must have gone through and still is. She probably felt that all eyes have been on her since his arrest. I hope she finds the strength to leave him and better her life. Good luck to her and the children.
amanda

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Oct 4, 2007
Mary wrote:
Yet another case of a rich white man ruining lives for everyone. They are such animals. They truly destroy everything around them. We should round up all the rich white men and SEND THEM BACK TO EUROPE!!
Now come on Mary, that's not fair. Not all rich white men are animals. Please don't group them all together. Sure there are some bad apples, but don't put the good ones down.
shawn

Nazareth, PA

#14 Oct 4, 2007
PhilDirt wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Everyone knows the Puerto Ricans put him up to it!
:-)
Hope Ms. Devlin can find someplace good to forget all this, and put it behind her. That poor woman. What on earth will she tell her kids?
Oh, wow! Another of the sickest comments I ever read!
shawn

Nazareth, PA

#15 Oct 4, 2007
Mary wrote:
Yet another case of a rich white man ruining lives for everyone. They are such animals. They truly destroy everything around them. We should round up all the rich white men and SEND THEM BACK TO EUROPE!!
Hey, another one of the sickest comments I ever read!

Three vey offensive comments! Is this thread Sicki Comments are Us?
Hairy drunks ex wife

Allentown, PA

#16 Oct 4, 2007
I comiserate with the wife.It must have been heartwrenching to realize that her louse was a pedophile.
Hope she doesn't beat herself up over it.For several years,I was married to a fat,alcoholic who denied he was a drunk.He had and still has sex with men he meets-usually in bars.
The bloated,uneducated liar was very controlling and forbid me to wear make up,I wasn't allowed to go to a bar with my friends while he went to bars each evening after work.
I wasn't allowed to watch soaps lest I "get ideas' and I was frequently lectured on "the importance of having high moral standards".
He denied he drank as much as he did and lied on every job application to having a 4 year college degree.In fact,he attended a junior college in Philla for a few months tops.
No doubt if anyone meets him today,they will be led to believe that he is quite wealthy and educated when he lives in a patch town with his parents.
Moral of the story,someone with a SECRET life is very good at covering it up and lies and talks and convinces his victims that he is wonderful and you must have issues to question someone of his integrity.
My excuse was I was a trusting,stupid girl from a small town unaccostomed to dealing with a male who lied so skillfully and was a major con artist.
I was probably more a shill so his Catholic parents would believe he was straight .

“Does it really Matter”

Since: May 07

Sunnyville USA

#18 Oct 4, 2007
It still amazes me that people can do such sick things and keep it from the family...makes you wonder if you really ever know a person...

“Does it really Matter”

Since: May 07

Sunnyville USA

#19 Oct 4, 2007
WHAT wrote:
Trash is trash no matter what the color...

BTW look at the paper EVERDAY with street crime. It speaks VOLUMES!
Tree_Huggin_Hipp ie

Tamaqua, PA

#20 Oct 4, 2007
I'm telling you! No matter how you spin this, these undercover stings are entrapment!
xxx

Zionhill, PA

#21 Oct 4, 2007
DEGENERATE SOCIETY!!! POWERED BY THE INTERNET!!!
murphys law

Morton, PA

#22 Oct 4, 2007
I really feel for this woman and her kids. I hope they can get through it all okay.
Gina

Jim Thorpe, PA

#23 Oct 4, 2007
what in God's name is happening to people?? Has everyone lost their freaking minds??? Let's get a grip people.....what the hell was he thinking?? A stiff D**K has no conscience.
Pops

Gilbertsville, PA

#24 Oct 4, 2007
Unfortunately, there are some really sick people out there. This has to be devastating for him and his family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bryn Mawr Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sid Mark to RETIRE (Apr '17) Sep '17 GMac 2
Gladwyne ACME Market converting to SPROUTS Farm... (Mar '17) Aug '17 Jim Perkins 2
News Beyond 'Club Wa:' Shore towns grapple with teen... Jul '17 Saul 1
Allstate Employees Partner Together for Bring O... Jun '17 NMar 1
KOSHER EXPERIENCE at Jeff Brown's FRESH GROCER (Mar '17) Apr '17 Browns Super Stores 8
Gladwyne Facebook Group (Mar '17) Mar '17 GladwyneFacebook 1
Smitty (Mar '17) Mar '17 n smith 1

Bryn Mawr Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bryn Mawr Mortgages