Kids caught in the crossfire around J...

Kids caught in the crossfire around Jacksonville

There are 4 comments on the CBS 47 story from Dec 31, 2012, titled Kids caught in the crossfire around Jacksonville. In it, CBS 47 reports that:

The sound of bullets haunts the Lakewood neighborhood. "This has got to stop." According to police, Bishop Lane was lit up by gunfire from a vehicle driving by about 11 p.m. Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 47.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Way would a real parent raise a child in these hell holes. Mybe the first question should be why, WHY are they breeding to begin with if they can't afford better!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Notice this logic....your lack of any replies....i had 2 force this one myself being as im sure its a waste but LAKEWOOD is a good neighborhood you idiot! Furthermore do you have kids and if so how much actual time is spent with them quality good ol time...huh? Cus bet this asshole it means way more to any child who is still innocent then some a hole whol works 24 7
indy

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Jan 12, 2013
they need to get tough on those who are shooting up hoods with kids in em..... im new to the area, was this a redneck hood?... or one that no-one is supposed to criticize maybe? i wonder why the prez doesnt "change" this?...... its sad kids, or citizens have to live with aholes like that, lock em up, do it for the kids....

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#4 Jan 14, 2013
Sarahrain904 wrote:
Notice this logic....your lack of any replies....i had 2 force this one myself being as im sure its a waste but LAKEWOOD is a good neighborhood you idiot! Furthermore do you have kids and if so how much actual time is spent with them quality good ol time...huh? Cus bet this asshole it means way more to any child who is still innocent then some a hole whol works 24 7
http://spotcrime.com/fl/jacksonville
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/jacksonvi...
Yes I do have kids, well they are grown and in College now. I will agree 100% with that spending time (quality time) with the children have should be priority number 1. Speaking from experience it is the very best investment we can make for the children we have.

On the subject the Larsen and Lakewood areas of town I was to general. Bottom line, most communities have a small pocket that produces the majority of the crime. Usually crime rates around HUD/Section 8 apartments and housing are far higher than other parts of the whole community. Obviously this is true with the Larsen and Lakewood area especially on the eastern boundaries near Phillips Highway. Just to the East of Phillips you have those apartments on Sandlin Street and San Diego Road. So my apologizes for being overly generalizing my previous post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bryceville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owner of Cat-Can-Do Marine Arrested on Three Co... (Jan '08) Apr 23 Babygirl 25
News Strange & Unusual - Fake Firefighter Showed Up ... (Sep '07) Apr 21 One who knows 7
My husband is BISEXUAL (May '11) Apr 21 ichweiss 52
News Top Stories - FBI Raids Outlaws Motorcycle Club... (Aug '07) Apr 17 Justice seeker 233
Is Jacksonville a good place to live for a long... (May '06) Apr 16 Kwhyze 271
Ronnies home Apr 15 Jamie wells 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) Aug '16 Meow 1

Bryceville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bryceville Mortgages