Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 24127 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Loath it Here

Rockwall, TX

#11208 Apr 20, 2012
Dang...sorry Ya'll, I didn't 'lize I had to show an example, Darnlin. LOL BIG and over-the-top Texan egos bruised a little? Hee-Haw!
waco 1954

United States

#11209 Apr 20, 2012
Loath it Here wrote:
Dang...sorry Ya'll, I didn't 'lize I had to show an example, Darnlin. LOL BIG and over-the-top Texan egos bruised a little? Hee-Haw!
North Texas? How odd you would say that.Texas..being a large state...has several regional dialects...dialects vary greatly throughout the South and Sourhwest....Minnesota and Wisconsin though similar in some respects are also easily distinguishable.New York state has its own accents as well....not to be confused with New York City.
waco 1954

United States

#11210 Apr 20, 2012
Loath it Here wrote:
By the way..you seem to have an inferiority complex regarding the state of Texas.Dont let it bother you..many people not born in Texas feel exactly as you do-inferior....
cowboy fan

Beeville, TX

#11211 Apr 20, 2012
Texas born, Texas proud. Accent doesn't matter.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#11212 Apr 20, 2012
Loath it Here wrote:
If you loathe it here, leave. It seems pretty simple to this dumb north Texan
waco 1954

United States

#11213 Apr 20, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If you loathe it here, leave. It seems pretty simple to this dumb north Texan
I'm the Houston guy here.I agree with my North Texas compadre. But ...you probably can't get a decent job anywhere else! Oh the irony!!
Texan

Wichita, KS

#11214 Apr 21, 2012
I've had my ego and my body bruised a couple of times, I tend to get over it. You still can't write with an accent. Misspell words, yes. Use incorrect grammar, yes. Say things that are just plain dumb, yes. Write with an accent, no; it can't be done. I also know that if you loath it here there a lots of roads that will take you some place else. Have a nice trip.
waco 1954

United States

#11215 Apr 21, 2012
Gosh...maybe Loath it Here has already departed...I was hoping the poor guy would stay ...
Texan

Wichita, KS

#11216 Apr 21, 2012
Why?
waco 1954

United States

#11217 Apr 21, 2012
Texan wrote:
Why?
He's an easy target.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#11218 Apr 21, 2012
Where is the challenge in that? No fun if it's too easy.
waco 1954

United States

#11219 Apr 21, 2012
Texan wrote:
Where is the challenge in that? No fun if it's too easy.
Good point.
WEP

Dahlonega, GA

#11220 Apr 21, 2012
Texan wrote:
...You still can't write with an accent. Misspell words, yes. Use incorrect grammar, yes. Say things that are just plain dumb, yes. Write with an accent, no; it can't be done...
You must ain't nebah read no "Uncle Remus"...or Samyel Clemens fa dat matter.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/writing-dialo...

http://thewritepractice.com/how-to-write-with...

Of course, as I've perfectly illustrated...you probably shouldn't attempt it unless you're really good at it.
waco 1954

United States

#11221 Apr 21, 2012
WEP wrote:
<quoted text>
You must ain't nebah read no "Uncle Remus"...or Samyel Clemens fa dat matter.
http://www.dailywritingtips.com/writing-dialo...
http://thewritepractice.com/how-to-write-with...
Of course, as I've perfectly illustrated...you probably shouldn't attempt it unless you're really good at it.
Please don't ever do that again.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#11222 Apr 23, 2012
Like I said poor grammar, spelling, punctuation, and slang are not an accent. And no, I never did read those authors, and it's Samuel.
tex

Victoria, TX

#11224 Apr 24, 2012
ya dont ever do that again
Feel Sorry

Arnaudville, LA

#11226 Apr 25, 2012
cowboy fan wrote:
Texas born, Texas proud. Accent doesn't matter.
So right,British Born,British Proud,Accent does not matter.I am a Bloody Brit......and proud of it... Be proud of your State and your Accent.
Perry won n Texas lost

United States

#11228 Apr 26, 2012
Bill White would have been a better Governor. Rick Perry is a lying, superficial dumb azz hypocrite.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11229 Apr 26, 2012
word
waco 1954

United States

#11230 Apr 26, 2012
Feel Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>So right,British Born,British Proud,Accent does not matter.I am a Bloody Brit......and proud of it... Be proud of your State and your Accent.
British? Is that a country somewhere?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr Gas XXX 1,130
Job Opportunity: Hitachi Consulting in Bryan, TX Feb 23 Hitachi Consulting 1
Review: Woody's Gags & Gifts (Dec '13) Feb 21 boredandhrny 28
Heroin/drugs (Apr '13) Feb 14 Needsomeasap 56
Chad glasshoff (Aug '15) Jan '17 Happydayz 12
News Texas 3 mins ago 3:02 p.m.Texas A&M receiver Sp... Dec '16 GetRealHighonPot 1
News White nationalista s appearance at university d... Dec '16 Savant 1

Bryan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bryan Mortgages