Two charged in horse slaying

Two charged in horse slaying

There are 18 comments on the Theeagle.com story from Oct 20, 2006, titled Two charged in horse slaying. In it, Theeagle.com reports that:

Two Texas A&M students were arrested Thursday on charges relating to the death of a horse in Bryan last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Theeagle.com.

Cyndi Snokhous

United States

#1 Oct 21, 2006
The empathy that I feel for the family and owners of the gorgeous horse that was slaughtered is too deep for me to even express. My heart is pierced. Sadness permeates my very soul. This unspeakable, senseless act against such an undeserving animal is so disgusting and horrid that I cannot even begin to say how much I abhor the perpetrators of the crime! There is absolutely no reason for such an act. These young men's hearts must be completely consumed by evil. Proverbs, chapter 6, verse 17 says, in part, that God detests "hands that kill the innocent." They have killed "the innocent." To the family: I have prayed for you; my heart aches for you.
Joey Westerfield

Kennesaw, GA

#2 Oct 21, 2006
"Perpetrator." Singular. I happen to know for a fact that Walter Williams was guilty only of being at the wrong place with the wrong people, then feeling enough compassion to put the horse out it's pain. I'm sorry for all the crap he's gonna have to go through now for doing the right thing.
Annonymous

San Antonio, TX

#3 Oct 28, 2006
Joey Westerfield wrote:
"Perpetrator." Singular. I happen to know for a fact that Walter Williams was guilty only of being at the wrong place with the wrong people, then feeling enough compassion to put the horse out it's pain. I'm sorry for all the crap he's gonna have to go through now for doing the right thing.

How could you honestly believe that Walter Williams is innocent. You think stabbing a horse in the heart with a broken golf club is the right thing to do. That is a horrific act in itself. He should have gone to the authorities.
Anon

Bryan, TX

#4 Nov 1, 2006
Joey Westerfield wrote:
Chasing a horse around a pasture with a golf club and a polo mallet hardly constitutes being in the wrong place with the wrong people. Standing by and watching someone club a horse is hardly compassionate. Both of those men had intent to do serious harm to those horses. Time in jail is too good a treatment for those two barbarians. Hopefully the other inmates will help them to see the error of their ways.
Anonymous - Illinois

Edwardsville, IL

#5 Nov 15, 2006
Joey Westerfield wrote:
You have GOT to be kidding YOURSELF! If you think for one minute that Walter was just in the "wrong place, wrong people" think again. He is an adult & is responsible for his actions, where ever he places himself. And HE CHOSE to place himself at the scene of a horrific brutal killing. Maybe you should join him since you are so sympathetic of something like this. Or maybe you need some kind of counseling if you think this is OK adult behavior.
anonymous

San Antonio, TX

#6 Dec 4, 2006
from the looks of this...u guys would rather have a horse suffering to death, rather than putting it out of it's mysery..who does that?!? i think its more sick to watch an animal slowly die bc.."oh, i dont want to kill it"...and the fact that the other guy chased it and wat not...how many of u guys can actually sit there & be able to control someone else from not doin something that u think is wrong...example..weed, as bad as it is..u cant stop someone from doing it without them wantin to cooperate themselves...
no matter wat..walter was just at the wrong place & wrong time..sure he chose to be there at that time..but dont act like uve never walked into a situation where u thought.."dang..what the f*** am i doin here..."
im not sayin he's right for all that he done..im just sayin its wrong to judge someone and label them as some type of maniac just bc they ended an animals life...if ending an animals life is wrong..then lets just take out that whole "put your pet to sleep" system even though they're dieing of some fatal animal disease..."let them live it out in pain...cuz we sure enough dont want to kill it ourselves...we'd rather watch it slowly die..."
anonymous

Houston, TX

#7 Dec 18, 2006
I can't believe that this happened. I knew Kenneth in highschool and I can't believe he tolerated this behavior. Just reading this story makes me sick. I do not agree with the punishment this crime carries. They should get much more.
kawaiidragonfoe8 21

United States

#8 Dec 31, 2006
anonymous wrote:
I can't believe that this happened. I knew Kenneth in highschool and I can't believe he tolerated this behavior. Just reading this story makes me sick. I do not agree with the punishment this crime carries. They should get much more.
I can tell you for sure that if they had done this to one of my three horses, they would have been pumped full of buckshot before they even had a chance to exit the pasture (since the horse pasture is in the back of the house only about 10 ft from my bedroom window, i would have heard the comotion).
anonymous

United States

#9 Feb 6, 2007
I don't think the truth of what happened that night has been told by the media. From what I understand, Walter wasn't even there when the one guy was torturing the animal. Walter and 2 others were out looking for this guy (I understand he had gone off running into the night)and they ended up stumbling onto the dying horse. They all thought the animal should be put out of it's misery. I think the media made it sound completely different than what actually happened as far as Walter is concered.
anonymous

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2007
Joey Westerfield wrote:
I agree with you and thank you for putting the truth out there. He wasn't out on the pasture chasing the horse. He wasn't even there when that happened. He came across the scene after-the-fact with some friends and was appalled by the pain the horse was in. Wrong place, wrong time. Period.
Cowgirl

United States

#11 Feb 21, 2007
Whomever did this crime needs to pay. It was a sick sick thing to do and the type of people who commit these types of crimes normaly turn into human murderers. If you were even associated with these people who did this or knew about it you too are a sick sick person for not stopping them. Any person who kills an harmless animal for the fun of it needs to be locked up in jail anyways. For whoever Joey Westerfield is ure obviously not that smart. If he was w/ the wrong people at the wrong time why didnt he have the balls to say something to police officials if he too thought it was wrong??? Therefore he deserves what hes getting because it was innocent he should have opened his mouth.
QENDRIM

Albania

#12 Jun 2, 2007
HELLO WHATARYOU DOING SI THE JHON CE NA
Darla McCrady-Owner

College Station, TX

#13 Mar 27, 2008
Walter egged on Kenneth for hours to kill the horse. Walter went armed with a weapon to kill the horse. Walter made the first of three stab wounds to the horse. Walter is quilty as sin. All the time they were druging, drinking and talking of killing the horse he could have called the police and tried to talk K out of it instead of egging him on. Walter went armed just like K with one purpose and that was to kill my horse.
Mac

Enid, OK

#14 Apr 2, 2008
This was an evil act. The killers need to be sent to a mental hospital and locked up for life. This horse was innocent and helpless just as a child would be. There should be justic for this animal. Punishment severe.
anonymous

Houston, TX

#15 Apr 6, 2008
Maybe the boys need the same treatment they gave that poor horse. In fact, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Justice will prevail. Believe me, their time is coming. People know who they are and their crime will follow them for the rest of their lives. They should put up pictures of boys and post them on the internet to make the public aware of their crime so whenever they relocate, people will know to watch their animals more closely and they can't be anywhere near horses or any kind of animals. They area animal abusers and murderers.
The kind of treatment given to child molesters and it works.
anonymous

Houston, TX

#16 Apr 6, 2008
To the owner of the horse ...My condolences to you and I know what you must be feeling. We too share in your pain. Our family loves horses and we heard from our student from A & M and he was in tears when he heard about it. I'm sure those boys are going to pay the ultimate price and it will come in a form of punishment they will never forget.
Again, our hearts out to you.
College Station

College Station, TX

#17 Apr 7, 2008
Thank you so much for your reply. I hope with more time the pain I feel for her suffering will get better. Yes, it will follow them the rest of their lives. I hope they never have children! Their parent are in such denial! I blame the parents.
anonymous wrote:
To the owner of the horse ...My condolences to you and I know what you must be feeling. We too share in your pain. Our family loves horses and we heard from our student from A & M and he was in tears when he heard about it. I'm sure those boys are going to pay the ultimate price and it will come in a form of punishment they will never forget.
Again, our hearts out to you.
Annie Seldom Wishes

Houston, TX

#18 Apr 11, 2013
I KNOW Walter Williams is a great horse trainer. He loves animals and is fantastic with them. He is actually extremely talented in that arena, pun intended.

Let it go lady. Stop trying to sabotage his life. Your damage to his life far exceeds the loss of your horse. He has obviously paid for his crime.

And all of you should be ashamed of yourselves for being so feeble minded that you consider an animal's life more important than a human being.

You are all so quick to judge. Go look in the mirror.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swingers Sep 17 Curious 1
Kidnapping that hapened back in the 1980's (Sep '09) Sep 9 Jessi 24
Sara Argh Aug 28 Theryti 1
News Texas A&M calls off planned white nationalist r... Aug 23 UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 10
who runs city hall? (Jan '12) Aug 23 UGH 4
Midas Well? Grupo B and B singer? Aug '17 GavinoRico 3
what gangs are active in west Bryan and north B... (Feb '16) Aug '17 bloodgangupinschools 8

Bryan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bryan Mortgages