Hot Tails chef Cody Carroll to open n...

Hot Tails chef Cody Carroll to open new Baton Rouge restaurant with...

There are 22 comments on the The Times-Picayune story from Jan 17, 2014, titled Hot Tails chef Cody Carroll to open new Baton Rouge restaurant with.... In it, The Times-Picayune reports that:

Chef Cody Carroll of Hot Tails Restaurant serves a guest at the Epicurean Society of Baton Rouge's Food and Wine Fete 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times-Picayune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Landowner

Breaux Bridge, LA

#1 Jan 23, 2014
He better turn down the heat
what

Denham Springs, LA

#2 Jan 23, 2014
Quit tryn trying to promote yourself on topix Cody....buy an ad somewhere
bullwinkel

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2014
They got some jealous people out there .
jonjin

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2014
what wrote:
Quit tryn trying to promote yourself on topix Cody....buy an ad somewhere
Lololololol.
Mysondabest

United States

#5 Jan 24, 2014
The food isn't as good as he thinks.
Hickory Stick

New Roads, LA

#6 Jan 24, 2014
I congratulate success when people work hard. But I am turned off by shameless self promotion.
Confused

Ventress, LA

#7 Jan 26, 2014
Hickory Stick wrote:
I congratulate success when people work hard. But I am turned off by shameless self promotion.
"Self promotion" is aka advertising. McDonalds and Burger King have been advertising for decades as well as just about every successful business out there. Because of the first post, I doubt if it was " self promotion" as you stated, but if posting the article was all that was done as "self promotion" (aka advertising), then good for the owner. It's not too often business owners are given an opportunity to advertise for free.

There is no need for anyone to be jealous of the owner (s). The restaurant business is tough business to be in and almost a 24/7 job if it is to have any chance of being successful.

The rewards are pride for being successful and no one can take from the owner (s). The next time you begin to envy them, take a long hard look at a business plan to see what owning a business entails. Don't forget building, land, utilities, quality food costs if you are going to succeed, employee pay, general liability insurance, workman's comp insurance, employer portion of payroll taxes, promptly taxes which are way more than the normal taxpayer pays on his home, office supplies, pots, pans, etc.... And that is just a very small part of their overhead! So the next time you get jealous, put your money where your mouth is and start your own restaurant!

I'm just glad I have another place to eat! No jealously here at all!

FYI: I do not know the owner personally...just have the knowledge of what it takes to run successful businesses. If I didn't have this knowledge, I hope I wouldn't be jealous too. However, I can see how some people might take the lack of knowledge about running a business and turn it in to jealously.
OK sure

Lake Jackson, TX

#8 Jan 27, 2014
uuhhhh Ok....you really are extremely "Confused",
thats alot of info and passion for someone you dont know
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
"Self promotion" is aka advertising. McDonalds and Burger King have been advertising for decades as well as just about every successful business out there. Because of the first post, I doubt if it was " self promotion" as you stated, but if posting the article was all that was done as "self promotion" (aka advertising), then good for the owner. It's not too often business owners are given an opportunity to advertise for free.
There is no need for anyone to be jealous of the owner (s). The restaurant business is tough business to be in and almost a 24/7 job if it is to have any chance of being successful.
The rewards are pride for being successful and no one can take from the owner (s). The next time you begin to envy them, take a long hard look at a business plan to see what owning a business entails. Don't forget building, land, utilities, quality food costs if you are going to succeed, employee pay, general liability insurance, workman's comp insurance, employer portion of payroll taxes, promptly taxes which are way more than the normal taxpayer pays on his home, office supplies, pots, pans, etc.... And that is just a very small part of their overhead! So the next time you get jealous, put your money where your mouth is and start your own restaurant!
I'm just glad I have another place to eat! No jealously here at all!
FYI: I do not know the owner personally...just have the knowledge of what it takes to run successful businesses. If I didn't have this knowledge, I hope I wouldn't be jealous too. However, I can see how some people might take the lack of knowledge about running a business and turn it in to jealously.
Rachael Ray

New Roads, LA

#9 Jan 27, 2014
Quit complaining and compliment Cody on his achievements. Jealous
people need to keep their negative opinions to themselves.
Not really confused

Ventress, LA

#10 Jan 27, 2014
OK sure wrote:
<quoted text>
The "info and passion" is merely Business 101.
New Roads

Port Allen, LA

#11 Jan 29, 2014
The food has all the same flavor. Extreme heat! My family & I ate there & the food was to spicy & salty to eat. We are true Cajuns so we can stand heat but when all the food starts having the same flavor. Heat & salt are the only flavor you are getting from your food. You are wasting good quality food. And the product of food there is very good quality but over seasoned. The seasoning just needs to be reduced by about 40% STOP WASTING HIGH QUALITY FOOD !!!! I know the name is Hot Tails but food has to be edible.
The People

Port Allen, LA

#12 Jan 29, 2014
When they first opened the extreme heat & salt was not present in the food. It was nicely seasoned, showing off the great flavors of Louisiana & that's what won the awards. You can't get that now. Please return to your previous amount of the seasoning.
Small Business Owner

New Roads, LA

#13 Jan 29, 2014
OK sure wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who posted the long explination, but as a small business owner it was spot on. Most people have no idea what it takes to run a business and wrongfully assume if you own a business that you are rich. There are many rich business owners, either they inherited it or built thier business up. However, that is not always the case...many business owners struggle, they have good years and bad years and are just sweaking by. The restruant business has the highest failure rate of all small businesses. Retail businesses are 2nd. Not all may like their food and that is your own choice. Personally, I commend this guy who did not come from old family money for making a name for himself and for having what appears to be a very successful business.
what

Pride, LA

#14 Jan 29, 2014
Self promotion is shallow.

There are lots of successful people that don't put their names out there for self promotion.

And you don't have to be a BUSINESS owner to be successful....plus this topic is about self promotion, not business 101.
Mark Calais

Jarreau, LA

#15 Jan 30, 2014
If they would simply cut back on the cayenne a bit they would in fact have the awesomest food around.
what

Pride, LA

#16 Jan 30, 2014
Go to False River Seafood, buy something at a very minimal cost, dump ALOT of cayenne and hot sauce on it so as just to taste the burn only, not the food...and bam, you have yourself a Hot Tails dish for a fraction of the cost.

It works on food around the house too....just ignite your mouth on fire LITERALLY, you no longer worry with the taste of the food.

That's their secret.....kill the ACTUAL taste of Cajun seasoned FOOD with setting off a cayenne fire bomb in your mouth, then you think you just had gourmet southern LA food.

Prolly the same kinda people who believe and support Obama's BS.....tons of gullible people out there!
Mark Calais wrote:
If they would simply cut back on the cayenne a bit they would in fact have the awesomest food around.
changingworld

Temple, TX

#17 Feb 4, 2014
Rachael Ray wrote:
Quit complaining and compliment Cody on his achievements. Jealous
people need to keep their negative opinions to themselves.
They must be bored..I agree with you RR!
what

Denham Springs, LA

#18 Feb 4, 2014
So only positive opinions/comments should be expressed...even if your experience there was negative???

Ok do you work directly for Obama.

And what exactly is there to be jealous of? I don't want a restaurant, but I own a successful consulting business.....I just very very much dislike hot tails!
changingworld wrote:
<quoted text>
They must be bored..I agree with you RR!
Sanjay Gupta

Ventress, LA

#19 Feb 4, 2014
Nice folks there but too much spice on everything really. If I eat there, which is not often, it takes a day for my body to get back to normal after the salt and cayenne pepper. They could back off on it especially on the fries and it would help. It blows the tastebuds out!
Who Dat

New Roads, LA

#20 Feb 5, 2014
Went to Hot Tails Friday night for dinner and the place was full and had to wait 30 minutes until seating was available. You people complain about the spicy food, but most people seem to enjoy it. How many other restaurant share this much patronage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brusly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Thomas 7233 20,965
My Daddy Says N(EYE)GGERS F...... Everthing UP! Wed Jeremy 8
Any lazy unemployed N(EYE)GGERS need some work Jul 15 Jeremy 5
Volleyball or open gym? Jul 15 Guest 1
Oriental Health Spa (Oct '07) Jul 12 Jason 27
Bob Henderson Jul 9 bh_ware 22
Charles Art Waldrop (Feb '12) Jun '17 Curious 25

Brusly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brusly Mortgages