tammy

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

My husband and I are thinking of buying a travel trailer, and came across this auction company in an internet search that apparently sells a bunch of fema campers. Has anyone ever heard of Henderson Auctions or this fema trailer auction stuff? There's supposed to be another auction in Carencro on May 15, and I'm wondering if it's worth the drive?
Bookit

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2010

Judged:

Those FEMA trailers are were cheaply constructed. There is ongoing litigation about the health hazards of those trailers. For instance formaldehyde was used in construction of those trailers. Many people have had health issues related to long term living in the trailers. Not worth a dollar.

“La Grimasse!!”

Since: Mar 07

Ventress

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Judged:

Henderson Auctions is a well-respected business...I have done business with them many times. They sell off a lot of the FEMA trailers.

The trailers are the same quality of commercial-built travel trailers. ALL interior building materials have formaldehyde....ALL travel trailers are loaded with the stuff.

The problem came as people had to stay in them for long periods of time instead of occasionally as they are intended. If the folks suing had any health issues, you can bet that the chemical wasn't the only factor, it was merely the most convienient and offered the deepest posckets.

Perhaps we should have let them rot on the streets.
bowman

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Islandude, I totally agree with you, we have so many people in this counrty who are looking for a free dollar. The best part is, the ones looking for a free hand out are suported by the working people tax dollars.
I am planning to buy a fema trailer soon, I've inspected a few fema trailers some require a little work but most would not mind due to the price a fema trailer cost

“La Grimasse!!”

Since: Mar 07

Ventress

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

I moved a lot of them back to the holding areas after they were vacated....some were in very, very good shape even though they were lived in like houses and some were rotting and all torn up even though they were never lived in.
hjgjhkj

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

uiuiouiouiou
Ed Souththern Fix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

I bought a beutiful FEMA self contained 32'Jayco travel trailer decked out with upgrades and options in exelent condition everything works great. for $4800- What a great deal still smiling.Grab them while they last.
jmmjt

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

where did you get the Jayco? At an auction. Let me know, I will scoop one up in a heartbeat for that price.
Bama Bound

Winfield, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

I have one of the trailers and it is well constructed ,All the travel trailors have been repaired with the best constuction materails and are cleaned and fumagated , i have a forestriver and that i purchased from Henderson's and it was repaired at the denham springs lot ,have not found 1 thing wrong with it :)
Joann

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

tammy wrote:
My husband and I are thinking of buying a travel trailer, and came across this auction company in an internet search that apparently sells a bunch of fema campers. Has anyone ever heard of Henderson Auctions or this fema trailer auction stuff? There's supposed to be another auction in Carencro on May 15, and I'm wondering if it's worth the drive?
yea it is worth it
nikki

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

got one
nikki

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Brusly Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brusly People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance