Columbus County Police

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

JFW

Bladenboro, NC

#1 Aug 27, 2012
I did not grow up here and don't follow the good ole boy system. I moved away from a small town to get away from that mentality and ended up back in one for my husband. I had to call the police out to my home because of my inlaws threatening my husband and I wasn't going to jail over stupidity so I thought...well...call the cops. YEAH RIGHT! Apparently the officer that came out went to school with my husbands daughter and was shoved so far up her ass the only thing you could see was the soles of his shoes. He says "I know these people and they wouldn't do anything wrong and I know that man and he's probably just drunk showing his ass." Really? Ok asshole. I made my husband go inside and told him that what he said to me was bullshit and it made me feel real good that I could trust my civil servants to help when I needed them. Hear the sarcasm? I told him that I was the one that called him out...NOT...the people causing the problems in the first place and I was done with him now. Him and his little buddy were trying to incite my husband to come off the porch after them. Sayin "Why don't you just come on down here boss." My husband was on our front porch and simply stated that he didn't want to hear anything they had to say cause they were biased and that I had already told him what had been said to me. Got people all over my property like they own the place and threatening my husband and living in his 82 year old Mothers house that HE owns doping her up so she doesn't notice how fucked up they're gettin. No rent being paid. He didn't say they could stay there but because his Mother said they could it's ok. It's crap.*headdesk* I dunno what to do. My husband doesn't know what to do. We can't get any help cause someone's always screwing someone or wanting to. Any ideas? Or just positive words?
RC S

Louisburg, NC

#2 Aug 28, 2012
Tell us about your bush at your convenience
JFW

Bladenboro, NC

#3 Aug 30, 2012
Very mature.
RC S

Louisburg, NC

#4 Aug 31, 2012
JFW wrote:
Very mature.
Thank you. I would assume one of your age would be mature in that are as opposed to shaved or a 'landing strip".
jefferson

Southport, NC

#5 Sep 2, 2012
Hey RC are you upset by the lack of talk about the brown eye?
RC S

Louisburg, NC

#6 Sep 3, 2012
No problem with the "brown eye" jefferson. Your daddy's bumhole is satisfactory.
JFW

Bladenboro, NC

#7 Sep 4, 2012
My point exactly about this ignorant town.
Pay attention

Gaffney, SC

#9 Dec 30, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text> Miss I am sorry nobody will treat you with respect. I just want to let you know there will be a good man running for Sheriff in the next election for that spot.. I promise you he will not put up with officers acting like that on his force. So please help US get him in office, so we can get a honest loyal trustworthy man in that spot. So go to the Topix .who would you like to see run for sheriff and vote. He is ahead right now, and may go bless you
Mark Lewis will not be Sheriff. He might go around and tell everyone he is like he lied to his wife and child about his girlfriend that's ten years younger than him and he left his wife for but he is not. He told people that he was Chief Deputy. Lol. He is so stupid and a HUGE LIAR!!!!!!!
Billy

Parsippany, NJ

#10 Dec 30, 2012
Pay attention wrote:
<quoted text> Mark Lewis will not be Sheriff. He might go around and tell everyone he is like he lied to his wife and child about his girlfriend that's ten years younger than him and he left his wife for but he is not. He told people that he was Chief Deputy. Lol. He is so stupid and a HUGE LIAR!!!!!!!
You hit the nail on the head! Mark Lewis is hands down one of the biggest liars I have ever known. And I have seen some liars. He would make a horrible Sheriff. I suspect that he is behind most of the "pro Lewis" post on this forum. Forget about it Mark, it ain't never gonna happen! Aren't you already rich (so you tell everybody)? Why would you even want that measly job?
Tweadle Dee

United States

#13 Jan 5, 2013
The truth hurts. But let's talk about our not-so-honest reputable sheriff Chris Batten. I invite anyone to Google sheriff Chris Batten and see what sort of reputation the not-so-good sheriff has amassed. He is a cross section of Columbus County's reputation over the last several decades.Though he's only been around for a few terms, he has done so much to live up to the Columbus County Corruption name that we have become defined by. Arrogant, nasty, body-odored bully. He runs his department like he acted in school. This county needs term limits and fast. One of the head commissioners Buddy Byrd was just arrested last year in Horry County while another came out in the paper making money off of Waste Management, a group contracted with the county. And what of the Department of Aging director who had missing almost a million from his budget? Nothing, absolutely nothing was ever done. "Cuz" used his position, and county money, to promote an elected official- a felony. That too was swept under the rug. Gotta love Columbus County and the crooks it employs.
Horace

Thomasville, NC

#14 Jan 5, 2013
Batten is not a good person but he can could change. He must first get down on his knees and ask forgiveness. But he should not be overseeing law enforcement. Not a man with his reputation. It looks bad on our county.You who speak for him are either fooled or telling lies. It is not disputed, if you tell the truth, what he has said and done. Chris, do what is right-ask God to forgive you for the lies you always tell. Then resign and go home. The good people of Columbus County have been through a lot and deserve a better person to represent them.
Tweadle Dumb

Stanley, NC

#15 Jan 5, 2013
Horace wrote:
Batten is not a good person but he can could change. He must first get down on his knees and ask forgiveness. But he should not be overseeing law enforcement. Not a man with his reputation. It looks bad on our county.You who speak for him are either fooled or telling lies. It is not disputed, if you tell the truth, what he has said and done. Chris, do what is right-ask God to forgive you for the lies you always tell. Then resign and go home. The good people of Columbus County have been through a lot and deserve a better person to represent them.
Please tell ALL he has done and then I will give you some stats to go by that's from an accredited source outside of this county. So lets hear it.
Ray R

Benson, NC

#16 Jan 6, 2013
Tweadle Dumb,
Let's see those inflated facts the sheriff provided to whomever put this together. Go ahead and post so we can work on challenging them. We are waiting. Is 10,000 un-served warrants satisfactory? The sheriff has hidden a lot that could be used against him and he is not as transparent as other sheriff's have been. I wager that when he's gone we can get real access to his hidden stats. I posted this in another site too:
Exactly what did "Tweadle Dee" write about Chris Batten that was slanderous? With the exception of the bully issue, I can find documents that show Mr. Batten lied, county commissioner Byrd was charged with domestic violence in SC and commissioner Russ does profit off of a company that Columbus County is contracted with etc. Your county's name is synonymous with corruption. That's easy to see. I have never been around Mr. Batten so I can't say anything about the body odor though I have seen in the paper where he has an bowel disease and he is quite large so go figure that. Large people tend to sweat more. We should pray for all parties concerned and especially Columbus County. These postings are sad but I have found that where there is smoke-there is often "fire." Thank God and our founders for free speech.
Tweadle Dumb

Davenport, FL

#17 Jan 6, 2013
Ray R wrote:
Tweadle Dumb,
Let's see those inflated facts the sheriff provided to whomever put this together. Go ahead and post so we can work on challenging them. We are waiting. Is 10,000 un-served warrants satisfactory? The sheriff has hidden a lot that could be used against him and he is not as transparent as other sheriff's have been. I wager that when he's gone we can get real access to his hidden stats. I posted this in another site too:
Exactly what did "Tweadle Dee" write about Chris Batten that was slanderous? With the exception of the bully issue, I can find documents that show Mr. Batten lied, county commissioner Byrd was charged with domestic violence in SC and commissioner Russ does profit off of a company that Columbus County is contracted with etc. Your county's name is synonymous with corruption. That's easy to see. I have never been around Mr. Batten so I can't say anything about the body odor though I have seen in the paper where he has an bowel disease and he is quite large so go figure that. Large people tend to sweat more. We should pray for all parties concerned and especially Columbus County. These postings are sad but I have found that where there is smoke-there is often "fire." Thank God and our founders for free speech.
Lol. There are not 10,000 unserved warrants. You need to go by your local clerks office and check that again. It's all on a system that is controlled by the Clerk of Court so get your facts right. I asked you to so me I've gave you some so bring it on. So now ur saying you now he has done something you just can't prove it. That's typical of a judgmental person. Good luck with whatever it is your trying to do.
Ray B

Benson, NC

#18 Jan 11, 2013
Actually there are 7, 976 OFA's in Columbus County-going back to the time Sheriff Batten began his career. An article in the News Reporter in 2005 written by Mike Helms shows the Sheriff accumulating more than 4000 at that time.
Amos T

United States

#19 Jan 13, 2013
Chris Batten is never in the office yet he gets a county pay check. He is back running his farm. Also a few weeks ago he crapped in one of the cars and had a trustee clean it up. He is clearly sick and should resign or retire whichever comes first. Hatcher is running everything so he should take over. Mr.Sheriff please stop crapping in the cars and if you cannot help it, clean your own mess. Have some self respect. And when you gas a room up, please walk outside. We are tired of smelling you. You are not in school anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reintroducing the Lennon Lacy Case - " A Possib... Dec 15 CKN 1
Rollin 3o crip (Aug '07) Dec 14 Bkig pkooh 224
North Carolina Protesters Call for Probe in Tee... Dec 13 suicide or homicide 1
'Rev. Jeremy Cribb' ministry site posted, then ... (Mar '10) Dec 5 concerned christian 459
More Oct '14 A disgusted RBA p... 1
shrimp trawlers Oct '14 Anthony Clemmons 1
Towns oppose insurance hike (Feb '14) Feb '14 guy nlan 1
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brunswick News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brunswick

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]