Possum

North Anson, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

I heard yesterday that Spanky's Marshside closed for good. It's about time. It had gone downhill bad.
BeltFed

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

Possum wrote:
I heard yesterday that Spanky's Marshside closed for good. It's about time. It had gone downhill bad.
Possum, you are a major arsehole...Not only were people employed there, Spanky's has been a landmark in South Ga for many, many years. I am sure you would much rather drive-thru for your McRib every 6-months than support a local establishment, anyway. Like my Daddy used to tell me, if you can't say anything positive...keep yer freakin' mouth shut!
Possum

North Anson, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2011

BeltFed wrote:
<quoted text>
Possum, you are a major arsehole...Not only were people employed there, Spanky's has been a landmark in South Ga for many, many years. I am sure you would much rather drive-thru for your McRib every 6-months than support a local establishment, anyway. Like my Daddy used to tell me, if you can't say anything positive...keep yer freakin' mouth shut!
It's hard to say something positive about something that had gotten so bad. I have been a regular customer of Spanky's for years and I know a lot of people were put out of work by the closing. However, that doesn't excuse the decline in service and food quality. And as far as the name you called me, it takes one to know one.
sfs

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

I agree with Possum. I hate that anyone lost their jobs, but honestly if they had wanted to keep them they woulda stepped it up a notch. I had been stopping by there almost every other weekend every summer on my way back to Midway, Ga. from the beach. I know for a fact the food and service went from being awesome to being horrible in just a season. I don't know why, because the resturaunt truly did have potential or was evident that at least once it was on top of its game. But for whatever reasons, the food got worse and so did the service. I was very dispointed the last few times I went and started making my after beach dinner times at a different resturaunt. They seemed happy to have my business.
Patrick

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Love the place and a lot of the people that hang out there. The food has been in decline for more than just a year and service is brutal. Take 7/4/11 when they pissed off a priest and told him he had no credibility and to not come back. A hostess actually told him to F*** off! That was when I decided to stop being a patron.
Sheryl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

I've been out of town for a while to come home and find Joe's and Spanky's both closed. What the heck happened. I loved to eat at Joe's especially.

Can anyone shed some light?
Toni from NJ

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Your Glynn County Development Authority thinks it is best to eat else where. Like the Red Lobster or the Olive Garden. These two restaurants will be tax exempt for 5 years. Think it is outrageous.
Gambler

Townsend, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Only the Glynn County Development Authority would
think it advantageous to have national restaurant chains that serve Chinese farm raised shrimp, where
we have local eateries serving Wild Georgia Shrimp that don't have the same tax advantages offered them, or waivers on their water connection impact fees.
ron hyatt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

and whataburger bit the dust today. bwk is imploding.
Gambler

Townsend, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

Beware the Ides of March, is all I can say.
When the first quarter of 2012 rolls around,
looks for the businesses around town to fall
like dominoes.
Who's next?
Whenever Penney's or Sears leaves, it will be a
big wake up call for everybody.

Meanwhile, we get to keep the big, stupid-looking A-frame Whataburger building sitting empty for decades probably.

I bet even Wal-Mart wishes it didn't have a big old SuperCenter now and could downsize more than
using wider and W I D E R aisles.
Neros_Bowstrings

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

It's been a long time coming. http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Wtf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

What!!?? No more Spanky's!!?? We live in West Tennessee and come to Brunswick every year and we loved Spankys! Thats shame!
sfs

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Wtf wrote:
What!!?? No more Spanky's!!?? We live in West Tennessee and come to Brunswick every year and we loved Spankys! Thats shame!
We still have Spanky's in Savannah and they are awesome, you can stop by here now to get your fix. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr jeb stuart 50,239
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) 7 hr magnola 24
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Wed cu2ican 1,175
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
Review: The Georgia Crab Co Jul 21 faisha 1
Handicap Parking Patrol in Glynn County (Aug '07) Jul 21 Nonliberal 20
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••