BEEN THERE

Townsend, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

April,I agree with you.I have not ,myself,been before him but,I have been in his court room with someone else.He was tough but fair.I am glad that he showed you another way of life.Hang in there.
April Keller

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

BEEN THERE wrote:
April,I agree with you.I have not ,myself,been before him but,I have been in his court room with someone else.He was tough but fair.I am glad that he showed you another way of life.Hang in there.
Yes he did I am 32 now then 17.Never been in trouble again to scared o go back and that is a good thing.
brunswick girl

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

I agree with you, misplaced. Judge Douglass is intelligent, but he abuses his power. Judges should not mistreat jurors, witnesses, lawyers, or the defendants. I have witnessed his disrespectful and belittling attitude on a few occasions. I have watched him verbally attack victims of crimes, including a victim of domestic violence. I have seen him sentence an 18 year old who was charged with a mere alcohol possession with fines and probation while allowing a 20 year charged with DUI to go free. Who do you think is more dangerous of the two? He also likes to attack mothers and wives of defendants as if they were the guilty ones. His behavior is very damaging to the innocent people involved and out of line for someone with so much power.
No longer in Brunswick

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

brunswick girl, you are SO right about how he treats wives and girlfriends. I used to have so much respect for the law. Never even had a speeding ticket. Used to defend police and our legal system. But when I was in this man's courtroom, he disrespected so many people. I was a witness to a verbal statement given to a police officer. The police officer TOTALLY fabricated his report. And I was on the side of the plaintiff. He told me outright that I was lying because I told him that the officer's report of the statement was WRONG. He went so far as to ask me if I was married, which was irrelevant, and told me that because I wasn't the state of GA does not recognize my illegitimate children. He then proceeded to tell me that he could be the father of my children. I have never been so disrespected by anyone ever. His attack was unprovoked and should not be able to say whatever he wants; especially if it does not pertain to a case and if he hasn't been reasonably prompted to do so.

But because of what I witnessed in his courtroom, I can't say that I respect the courts and police like I used to. And come hell or high water, I will go through whatever channels necessary to do to him what he does to others.
bo bo clown

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

I have personally appeared in front of this circus ringleader and i think he should be thrown out of court.He Swears, throws evedence out of court,gives rediculas sentances,past what the law allows, and makes his mind up before the hearing on what the outcome will be.I will leave out my experiences with him but he is not a fair judge.
Brian Nichols

Gulf Shores, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

I wish Brian Nichols had stopped by his courtroom instead of in Atlanta.
Doug

Brunswick, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Well I will find out 2 marrow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 25 min jeb is low IQ 50,001
What happened to Kim Devore Jul 22 Rumor 3
Review: The Georgia Crab Co Jul 21 faisha 1
Handicap Parking Patrol in Glynn County (Aug '07) Jul 21 Nonliberal 20
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Blueberry growers go to 'pick-it-yourself' model Jul 11 LocavoreT 3
Dukes of Iron MC Jul 9 Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000