First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 6, 2009
She he remain in his seat as state court judge??

He takes time off whenever he decides and pushes of cases he "doesn't feel like hearing today".

When he wants to go do something, he does it...cancels court hearings and even stops them during trials so he can "go do something".

Everyday, people are yelled at and belittled in his court for the smallest things such as trying to understand the proceedings they've never been to before. Has even made remarks about jurors.

He is a reason for the courts' backlog because of putting off his work-- preciding over cases. Shouldn't we have a judge that wants to do the job and get the justice system moving more effectively?? Shouldn't we have a judge that has a better understanding of the law and no double standards??

Is it time to dethrone the king??
Tuxedo Junction

Glennville, GA

#2 Jul 6, 2009
Judge Orion Douglas is one of the best State Court Judges to have ever sat on the bench. State Court is not a place for citizens who are representing themselves to learn about court proceedings. You won't find a judge with a better understanding of the law. Frankly, you sound like one of the numerous citizens who show up in his court to try their own case without a clue as to how the State Court operates. He's not there to give you lessons on the law. He's there to try cases. If you feel like you've been wronged, file a complaint with the appropriate authority. It will get you much further than coming on a public message board & maligning one of Glynn Co.'s best judges.
BEEN THERE

Townsend, GA

#3 Jul 6, 2009
TUX is on another roll.There is no need to even try to reason with this person.It is hopeless.He knows everything and always right.Good luck with trying to get your point across.
Tuxedo Junction

Glennville, GA

#4 Jul 6, 2009
Reason with me about what, Been There? I don't have the right to my opinion? Do you even know Judge Douglas or have you ever appeared in his court?

I thought we were through. You gonna follow me around like a groupie?
BEEN THERE

Townsend, GA

#5 Jul 6, 2009
Yes you have your opinion and yes I do know Judge Douglas and been in his court room.As for the groupie thing and thought we were through,I have no idea what you are talking about.
Augustus McCrae

Glennville, GA

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Judge Douglas is one of the finest jurists in Georgia. He calls it like he sees it. He does not allow disrespect in the State Court and he requires a level of decorum befitting an American Courtroom. He addresses issues that need addressing such as etiquette and self respect. Some people come in to his courtroom and think they can behave as they do on the street. Surprise!! He is a man of character and integrity, which makes him less acceptable to those who have no self respect or respect for others. If you feel he is inept, file a complaint with the Bar Association or the Georgia State Court Judges Association. But have the courage to allow him to face his accuser by signing your name. They will report exactly what they find; he is a conscientious, intelligent purveyor of justice.
Tuxedo Junction

Glennville, GA

#7 Jul 6, 2009
Oh, please, BEEN THERE. Don't even play that game. Your writing style, complete with all of the usual grammatical errors, along with the way you capitalize your entire handle gives you away immediately. At least have cajones enough to continue using the same handle you've been using.
Augustus McCrae

Glennville, GA

#8 Jul 6, 2009
BEEN THERE, If we were playing checkers it would be your move!
Southern Cross

United States

#9 Jul 7, 2009
Just mention the "good boy" involved in the police chase and shooting if you want to know for sure!
BEEN THERE

Darien, GA

#10 Jul 7, 2009
I do not have a clue what you are talking about.I simply posted that yes I do know Judge Douglas and that I had been in his court room.I think very highly of Judge Douglas.I only made the comment about TUX because of all the things he had said on another post.You must have me mixed up with someone eles.I guess this is my move.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#11 Jul 7, 2009
Tuxedo Junction wrote:
Oh, please, BEEN THERE. Don't even play that game. Your writing style, complete with all of the usual grammatical errors, along with the way you capitalize your entire handle gives you away immediately. At least have cajones enough to continue using the same handle you've been using.
You see it, too. We know who BEEN THERE is.
Tuxedo Junction

Glennville, GA

#12 Jul 7, 2009
BEEN THERE, your first post didn't even mention Judge Douglas. That is the topic of this thread, so try to stay on point. If you want to continue discussing me, start a new thread....or go back to the original thread where you & I had our first discourse. Not only is it rude to hijack "misplaced's" thread & change the topic, it's pitiful as well.
BEEN THERE

Darien, GA

#13 Jul 7, 2009
The 1st post was about Douglas by misplaced and I reply to it.I don't know where the rest of you are coming from.You and I have not had our first discourse or nothing eles.I don't know who you think I am but,you are badly minstaken.And as for the "good boy" I do not know him except for what I have read on these posts.As for me using "BEEN THERE" I was ony replying to the post of misplaced.I didn't say any thing bad about Douglas.Let me also say,I am sorry that I am not a computer expert.I only get on here to check my emails and play solitair not checkers.Sorry if I offended anyone,Iwas just trying to let misplaced know that I did't agree with him/her.
Tuxedo Junction

Glennville, GA

#14 Jul 7, 2009
Lame, Granny. Very lame.
BEEN THERE

Darien, GA

#15 Jul 7, 2009
Are you referring to me as granny.Honey I am not a granny.You must be a very lonely person with nothing better to do than say things about others.I feel sorry for you.You will not get to me like you have on the other posts.
Tuxedo Junction

Glennville, GA

#16 Jul 7, 2009
QUOTE: "You will not get to me like you have on the other posts."

Freudian slip???
Augustus McCrae

Glennville, GA

#17 Jul 7, 2009
Tux, I'm with you. As my old friend Capt. Woodrow used to say; "I despise rudeness in a man, I won't tolerate it". "BEEN THERE" it seemed to me that you were insulting Judge Douglas and I for one think he is a good man. Go by and talk with him, you'll see that he is "down to earth" and approachable. Posting negative comments only tranishes a good reputation without cause. Until you have talked to him personally, give him a break.
Augustus McCrae

Glennville, GA

#18 Jul 7, 2009
Sorry, should be "tarnish" not tranish. Tranish means to slap a goose in the tail with a wet towel.:)
BEEN THERE

Darien, GA

#19 Jul 7, 2009
Excuse me,show me where I said anything bad about Judge Douglas.
April Keller

Brunswick, GA

#20 Jul 7, 2009
Judge Doudlas is a very tough judge.Was in front of him when I was 17 he threw the book at me I guess to make an example of me to other kids my age at the time breaking he law.I hated that man for a long time a year matter of fact,but if he woul not have threw that book at me and scared the crap out of me I would not be where I am today.I think he is a good judge and should be respected for what he does.Everyone has there own opinion but that is just mine.Keep up the good work Judge Douglas plenty more kids around here need to be scared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
might be moving to Brunswick Sat I used to live there 2
*Missing Person* Amber Whited (Jul '13) Oct 17 your wrong 8
Are you a Southern Democrat? Oct 16 voter 2
Did Morenos court order shut down Kingsland and... Oct 15 Cold War Warrior 5
The Red Carpet (Jul '13) Oct 15 HGN 3
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! Oct 15 Political Traveler 8
feds everywhere Oct 15 Political Traveler 2
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match

Brunswick Jobs