Evidence of a massive tsunami on Sout...

Evidence of a massive tsunami on South Atlantic Coast

There are 3 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jun 6, 2014, titled Evidence of a massive tsunami on South Atlantic Coast. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

At left, the purple line on a satellite infrared image defines a U-shaped 85 feet high ridge near the Satilla River in Georgia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Jun 9, 2014
Interesting:

I do know of 2 craters in the Gulf of Carpenteria, Australia in 535AD that gave rise to a major dust plume that caused the dark ages. The craters are 19 & 25km diameter. The objects were probably a contact binary that got disrupted by gravity before impact.
An event at 539AD implies that the Earth intercepted a trail of NEOs & that the big bit got swept up first. The 539AD bit may have been an SL9 type escapee from the 1st event that came back in for another swing.

Also interesting in the date of the beginning of the dark ages is that it ties in closely with the Rabaul Blanche bay caldera (which appears to be later than 535AD, and similar age to the formation of the Tierra Balanco Joven eruption of Ilopango caldera (El Salvador) which caused disruption to the southern maya (possibly an earlier date then 535AD). Both of which were VEI 7.

Also Caribbean tsunamis from megathrusts in the Antilles arc (~500Bp,~1500Bp & ~3500Bp), the 1500Bp event may tie in, as in impact is likely to break a megathrust locked & loaded if big enough. tsunamis from these events swept the caribbean SE-NW(~500Bp), E-W(~1500Bp), and E-W(~3500Bp). In the 1500, & 3500Bp cases the megathrust also broke @ Hispaniola with a Tohoku type event eroding the palaeosol near the coast.

have a nice day: Ag
Columbus Insider

Smiths Station, AL

#2 Jun 9, 2014
I though the fall of the Roman Empire caused the "dark ages"

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#3 Jun 11, 2014
Columbus Insider wrote:
I though the fall of the Roman Empire caused the "dark ages"
The fall of the Roman empire was an effect rather than a cause. A lot of other civilisations went down as a consequence of major crop failures, famine & disease (sequential)@ the same time.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Brokered Convention 9 hr Bonnie 1
Brunswick for a family 13 hr BladeRunner81 1
Brunswick restaurants Wed JoseyJ 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Wed Michelle M 1,198
Hillary Destroying FBI Credibility Feb 5 Corruption in FBI 1
dude beats on baby... Jan 30 nunya 1
Classic Kutz Trailer Jan 27 johnpeter 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brunswick Mortgages