Sherry West, Antonio Santiago: Gunshot Residue Found On Parents | Breaking News for Black America
A Georgia Bureau of Investigation report revealed that gun residue was found on the parents of murdered baby, 13-month-old Antonio Santiago , and the defense attorney for De'Marquise Elkins, 17, who has been charged with murder in the baby's death, As previously reported by NewsOne , on March 21, 2013,baby Antonio was shot while being strolled by ... (more)Full Story
#1 Aug 6, 2013
“Gunshot residue (GSR) results from the discharge of a firearm. The residue escapes through openings in the weapon and the end of a barrel and is deposited on nearby surfaces. The actual amount of residue detected varies with the type of weapon, ammunition, conditions of discharge, and post-shooting activity. GSR analysis does not determine whether or not an individual has discharged a firearm.
The presence of gunshot residue may occur for the following reasons:
• The subject may have discharged a firearm or been in close proximity to the discharge of a firearm
• The subject may have handled a firearm or ammunition
• The subject may have been in contact with a surface bearing gunshot residue
The absence of gunshot residue may occur for the following reasons:
• The subject did not discharge a firearm.
• The subject may have discharged a firearm, but no GSR particles were deposited on the sampled area.
• The subject may have discharged a firearm, but GSR particles were removed by washing, wiping, or other activity before the samples were collected.”
“Sampling for GSR should only be carried out when the examination will provide the most probative information.
o Do not sample if the subject is found in the possession of, or is known to have or claims to have handled, a firearm. This analysis cannot distinguish between having fired a weapon or simply handling a firearm.
o Do not sample if the subject has washed his/her hands or bathed since the shooting incident. Washing the hands is likely to remove all GSR.
o Do not routinely sample victims of gunshot wounds. The presence of GSR indicates that a person has been in an environment containing GSR.
Obviously, if a person has been shot, then that person has been in an environment with GSR. GSR analysis cannot determine whether the victim’s death was the result of a homicide or a suicide.
• The time interval between shooting and sampling should not exceed 4 hours. GSR is readily shed from the hands during even minor physical activity. The likelihood of finding GSR after a time lapse of greater than 4 hours is remote. Sampling for GSR should be performed as soon as possible after the shooting.
• Samples should be taken immediately after contact with the subject in the field. To minimize the risk of contamination and/or loss of potential GSR, sample before handcuffing, transporting, or fingerprinting.
• Do not sample surfaces or materials other than hands.”
#2 Aug 6, 2013
If you are going to claim to be a reporter, make an effort to be objective and present all the details of a story.
Add your comments below
|Power outage (Mar '07)||Dec 21||Teacher||2|
|Rupert Blackman has AIDs||Dec 17||me2youlol||3|
|Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell||Dec 17||me2youlol||4|
|Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi...||Dec 17||northernboy62||1|
|Miles Crews||Dec 2||just wondering||1|
|Teacher at MCA||Dec 2||just wondering||1|
|Camden County arrests 14 registered sex offende...||Nov 27||LonePalm Sux||8|
Find what you want!
Search Brunswick Forum Now
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC