Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine?

Posted in the Brunswick Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gary

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 24, 2008
 
I was at Stans this weekend and noticed the landscape shop on Hwy 17. I thought I recognized the fellow watering the plants, but was not sure. Could someone tell me who own this outfit? Thank you.
Gary
hammer tech

Strong, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 26, 2008
 
Gary wrote:
I was at Stans this weekend and noticed the landscape shop on Hwy 17. I thought I recognized the fellow watering the plants, but was not sure. Could someone tell me who own this outfit? Thank you.
Gary
I only know him as Matthew, never known his last name and I think I spelled his name wrong.
Mrs G

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 27, 2008
 
hammer tech wrote:
<quoted text>I only know him as Matthew, never known his last name and I think I spelled his name wrong.
Wasn't he developing some property in Woodbine a few years ago that kind of ended in some mysterious dealings? I remember him and some lady going around trying to buy up properties all around town. If I am not mistaken, quite a few folks were left owed some dough. They approached me about my place but I was not interested in selling.
JD Magoo

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

that man is a terrible person. stay away.......................
tommy k

North Anson, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 23, 2008
 
JD Magoo wrote:
that man is a terrible person. stay away..........
You do not do justice to what a horrible person he is. Ask some locals about him.
JD Magoo

Lewisport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 3, 2008
 
tommy k what do you know. tell us all.
molly monday

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 3, 2008
 
Ask around, he has a quite a reputation.....
JD Magoo

Lewisport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 3, 2008
 
I CAN'T FIND THAT MAN'S BUSINESS LICENSE. THE CITY SHOULD BE INFORMED THAT HE MAY NOT HAVE ONE.
HE IS DEFINETLY NOT LISTED WITH THE STATE LICENSING AGENCY WITH LIVE PLANT/NURSERY.
dusty

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 3, 2008
 
JD Magoo wrote:
I CAN'T FIND THAT MAN'S BUSINESS LICENSE. THE CITY SHOULD BE INFORMED THAT HE MAY NOT HAVE ONE.
HE IS DEFINETLY NOT LISTED WITH THE STATE LICENSING AGENCY WITH LIVE PLANT/NURSERY.
Does not surprise me. Call City Hall
Ex Employee

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 3, 2008
 
He used to run a nursery at the corner of Haddok and HWY40 about ten or so years ago. I worked for him, and he was an arrogant, drunken, scumbag. We would work overtime every week, and not get paid for it. We would swindle anyone he could. I contacted the state about our overtime, but he had no records of it and it wasnt on my checkstub or anywhere in his documents that we ever worked over 40 hours, so I got screwed. I know he is a crooked ass lying peice of shit. Ask a few locals and they will tell you the same.
dusty

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Ex Employee wrote:
He used to run a nursery at the corner of Haddok and HWY40 about ten or so years ago. I worked for him, and he was an arrogant, drunken, scumbag. We would work overtime every week, and not get paid for it. We would swindle anyone he could. I contacted the state about our overtime, but he had no records of it and it wasnt on my checkstub or anywhere in his documents that we ever worked over 40 hours, so I got screwed. I know he is a crooked ass lying peice of shit. Ask a few locals and they will tell you the same.
That pretty much sums up everything I have ever heard about him. Seems to be the real deal. I know some of the girls at City Hall do not speak highly of him.
ashlee

North Anson, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 25, 2008
 
wow . this dude sounds bad! what is his name so I can stay !!
mitzie

Strong, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 25, 2008
 
he does have a nice nursery...i bought from him when he was by winn dixie and have also bought some nice specimen plants from him in woodbine...plants you cant find anywhere else in camden county
JD Magoo

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 10, 2008
 
So what Mitzie. The man named Matt is an awful awful man. He should not be allowed to operate a car much less a business in this county.

Ask him why he is always at the county courthouse.
You can search public records.

Sleazy man stay away..........
Dr Giggles

Solon, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 10, 2008
 
JD Magoo wrote:
So what Mitzie. The man named Matt is an awful awful man. He should not be allowed to operate a car much less a business in this county.
Ask him why he is always at the county courthouse.
You can search public records.
Sleazy man stay away..........
There are numerous court documents relating to the supposed owner of this place. If one were interested, they could learn a lot.
Strong Coffee

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 10, 2008
 
What is "Matthew's" last name?
lady h

Solon, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 10, 2008
 
Strong Coffee wrote:
What is "Matthew's" last name?
I believe it is Magill or McGill
pops

Broxton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 11, 2008
 
LET US GATHER SOME STONES. I COULD NOT CAST THE FIRST ONE CAN YOU??
ex employee

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 21, 2010
 
i worked for him also when he was down by winn-dixie, and yes he was a drunk, he would drink from the time he came in til after dark as long as he had us out there working half the night running around on his spider forklift moving plants around. he never seemed to be satisfied where we put them even though it was where he told us to put them. Also i remember the day it was freezing out, sleeting and hailing but he didnt care we was right there working in it. I think he got a huge lawsuit on him in Fl for selling all that bad sod it was after that he disappeared for awhile and opened back up in woodbine.
Jane

Westport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 24, 2013
 
I'm sure this person is no longer is business BUT des anyone know if he has opened another business or has seen him around town. A picture of this person would be helpful and is necessary. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Brunswick Forum right now

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 25 min Bear 39,427
Jessie to make Disney history with TV engagement 33 min Debby Ryan 1
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) 2 hr missb 1,153
Peggy Edenfield gets 60 years for Christopher B... (Sep '11) Apr 15 andrea perez 21
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
Illegally Parked ? Apr 3 annon 1
This is what is possible for animals everywhere! Apr 3 bored 2
•••

Flood Warning for Glynn County was issued at April 19 at 9:43AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brunswick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••