Video Spotlight - A Whites-Only Bathroom on the First Coast?

By Jeannie Blaylock First Coast News BRUNSWICK, GA -- First Coast News has been investigating allegations that a major local company is guilty of racial discrimination. Full Story
erwein gold

United States

#47 Nov 9, 2007
just more agitation by people who want something for nothing.
lol2

United States

#48 Nov 9, 2007
Looks like someone smells a meal ticket.
erwein gold

United States

#49 Nov 9, 2007
more agitation by people who want something for nothing.Deadbeats!!!!!!!!
Eugene

Renton, WA

#50 Nov 9, 2007
So what? Let's not raise a stink about that. They see discrimination everywhere.
Dave

Boston, MA

#51 Nov 9, 2007
Look at everyone getting so emotional over this article. No proof or evidence just a biased story about a black woman and white supervisor. Well that MUST mean he is guilty of something doesnt it? I mean he is white and in charge after all right? There is no way she could be a litigious black woman who's looking for a big payday right? She didnt get fired becuase she was lazy and rude she was a "victim" of "prejudice". Wake up people! There is more to this story than you can see from your PC.
libsukbad

Jackson Heights, NY

#52 Nov 9, 2007
Liberalism is a mental disorder. Why won't any in the "afro-American" community (this is what you were calling YOURSELVES just a few decades ago, NOW it's offensive, WTF???) look in the mirror and ask themselves, why is it there is still such a high level of disrespect among yourselves not only to each other but everyone in general. There are irrefutable historic references to other races that at one time did not get dealt a good hand, such as Japanese-Americans who were wronged and lost everything when they were sent to internment camps during WWII. While this is also seen as a dark period in our nation's history the Japanese did not allow this period to DEFINE THEMSELVES AS A RACE!!!!!, in other words they moved on and are now widely integrated and welcomed here, mainly because they did not feel a need to think collectively(yes, alsharpton and jessejackson DO speak for all of you because you do not shut them up PUBLICLY) they did not hide their own prejudice behind the NAAJP or other gimme scam groups.
No Comment

Ocala, FL

#53 Nov 9, 2007
Not Suprised wrote:
<quoted text>/Jane you and your husband need to wake up, never seen prejudice? remove the blinders and for the record it is Arican American, not Afro-American
Why do blacks get to change what they want to be called all the time? In the early 1900's, they went by negros. In the 80's and 80's, it was Afro-American. Now that offends them. Now you must say African American.

As long as they can keep getting offended, they can remain angry at somebody and gain attention.
Terrance

Jacksonville, FL

#55 Nov 9, 2007
WhatsRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Iam sure they stood out front so you would know...
(Hey,look,...KKK meeting here...)
Believe it "Right" they will stand out in front for all to see, you ever been to North Georgia....there are still towns up there that a black man doesn't go through when the sun goes down. That comment the poster made is not so far fetched, even in a city as diverse as Atlanta you can see a KKK march in the middle of the day, and it is acceptable.
Goldsky

United States

#56 Nov 9, 2007
This is funny. I just went to the top of this page and clicked on "all topics". The first block was "black entertainment". Not just entertainment but black entertainment. How many people are disturbed about other peoples entertainment be excluded? Why are others races being discriminated against being entertained? I doubt there is a white entertainment section.
Jacksonville-VET

Jacksonville, FL

#57 Nov 9, 2007
You know when I came here in the late 70's, I am embarrassed to say that I watched a White Police officer beat a Black Homeless Man Silly, For not moving when he was told. I grew up watching the 60's and I was afraid of coming to the south based on what I seen on TV, Though I have encountered Racism everywhere in these United States, I am not suprised of this Story!!! The Mentality of these Racist are still amongst us and will be here to the Earths End. Violence, Law enforcement cannot stop there brethern. It just shows why Black People have a legitamate right to question Sincerety of White People.
BuckFever

Saint Paul, MN

#59 Nov 9, 2007
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea because all the shootings and robberies happen in predominately black areas of town. Its a shame but its true that most hate crimes are black on black. And no im not a racist, im a realist.
What does neighborhood crime have to do with someone trying to simply do their job. Are you saying she has committed a crime? Or should we assume she has committed a crime? This is prejudice because you are prejudging her and others based on their ethnicity. I guess I don't follow why you posted this comment.
Lou Ann Poovy

Greenville, NC

#60 Nov 9, 2007
I too was on my way to being a doctor or lawyer when as i child my teacher told me not to use the teachers lounge toilet. Now I am on welfare and have been diagnosed with ADD. I have 6 babies each with a different baby daddy. I am white, somebody take my case, i still have not got my settlement
John

Warren, NJ

#61 Nov 9, 2007
This is despicable behavior. As a white young man, I find it disgusting that this would be going on in 2007. It perpetuate the idea that rascism is prominent in the white community, and it also gives fodder to the race baiters, such as Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton, to make more money and scam gullible people. It is time to move on and stop treating people any which way because of their race or color. A person should be judged by the content of their character not the color of their skin. The color of a person's skin is no more significant than the color of their eyes.
Anonymous the Porpoise

Ellenwood, GA

#63 Nov 9, 2007
i'm interested to see how this turns out.

but don't take her claims too much to heart. i've lived here in the atlanta area for about 10 years and people here dont need much of a reason/excuse play the race card. but of course whenever you prove them wrong then it's all "the man's" fault.

why is it that the smaller the mind the bigger the conspiracy?
John

Warren, NJ

#64 Nov 9, 2007
by the way...that is my comment above and I am from Jacksonville, FL...not NY
JP Drengler

Plover, WI

#65 Nov 9, 2007
I often run into such signs and I'm a 'honky'. Often I'm on the road I'll stop at an Abu's Quickie Mart, and there will be the 'out of order' sign.

I go to the clerk and say that "I've received complaints that your washroom has been out of order for some time. I'm from the state (I'm from the state of Wisconsin) and if it's really out of order you 'could' be cited. There are sanitation laws, and fines. If your washroom IS out of order, a fine could result. Where do you go? I've got to 'GO' OK?"

Nine out of ten times the clerk simply doesn't want to clean up after the public, and it works just fine. I used to have a Clark station in Milwaukee, and was located next to a bar. I didn't allow drunks use of the washroom.
Jack- from up north

Sterling, MA

#67 Nov 9, 2007
DeJaVu, it's 1963 again. Where's Bobby Kennedy when ya need him?
angry

Jacksonville, FL

#68 Nov 9, 2007
where is dixie joe on all this? he would be eating it up!!!
Cracker country

Fort Worth, TX

#70 Nov 9, 2007
Georgia Pacific has shut down its contacts web page in an effort to build bridges.
Jeff

Greenville, SC

#71 Nov 9, 2007
Here we go again. Another " Racial" claim. If the toilet works, use it. Sounds like somebody wanting a free hand out here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 49 min rename 55,296
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 15 hr The WB 2,055
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) Sun Daisy Dunken 17
Who runs the landscape shop in Woodbine? (Aug '08) Sep 11 magnola 25
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
Part 12 Guy Heinze Jr. (May '10) Sep 4 Get Over It 1,185
Mater Construction Aug 31 rodeogirl31520 3
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brunswick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••