Video Spotlight - A Whites-Only Bathroom on the First Coast?

By Jeannie Blaylock First Coast News BRUNSWICK, GA -- First Coast News has been investigating allegations that a major local company is guilty of racial discrimination. Full Story
domik

Jacksonville, FL

#24 Nov 9, 2007
for the love of god people stop haveing these white v.s. black arguments
Doris

Jacksonville, FL

#25 Nov 9, 2007
This story does not suprise me coming from Georgia Pacific because I worked for the for three years and was passed up for a promotion because I was white. I know that sounds strange but the HR person told me to my face that they had to promote an African American because they had to have so many or they could get in trouble. Well I have no problem losing a job to someone that derserves it but to tell me to my face they are racist I quit the company. I would not work for people that treat others with disrespect. I have friends of all races and try to teach my kids to respect every one. I hope that lady from the story wins her case in court she derserves it.
Debra

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#26 Nov 9, 2007
Yes,it is true that this sort of stuff is still going on in the 21st. century. Some may be surprise to know just how strong racism is in Brunswick,GA, but it's still alive. I've passed a location in an unincorporated area of Glynn County and there was actually a KKK meeting taking place. So nothing about this city is a surprise to me.
hmmmm

Jacksonville, FL

#27 Nov 9, 2007
ms williams wrote:
No this do not surprise me.Here in Jax Fl. it happen all the times in a hidden way.Even when the news stories are told on the t.v. I immediately know if it's about a white person or a black person.
Yea because all the shootings and robberies happen in predominately black areas of town. Its a shame but its true that most hate crimes are black on black. And no im not a racist, im a realist.
greensleeve

Jacksonville, FL

#28 Nov 9, 2007
Why are not the areas of the First Coast where I as
a White American not welcomed not address in this report.This news report is racist and the so are the
papers and tv channels that push it at us.My Grandfather ,rest his soul called these reporters shit stirrers.
BSC63

Virginia Beach, VA

#29 Nov 9, 2007
Jeannie, what are you doing? This is a case of a malingering sloth looking for a payday and you've turned two states upside down. What if there are sudden riots and people killed due to your irresponsible journalism. Report only the truth. Do not make reckless allegations as headlines you idiot.
Orange Park

Middleburg, FL

#30 Nov 9, 2007
I agree that racism is alive and well everywhere. My only hope is that if these allegations are true, GP pay dearly.
One day, or one idiot (or bunch of idiots), at a time. I am glad to see that a story like this is getting media attention. That is what it takes to draw attention to a huge problem.

Since: Sep 07

A land far far away....

#31 Nov 9, 2007
Debra wrote:
Yes,it is true that this sort of stuff is still going on in the 21st. century. Some may be surprise to know just how strong racism is in Brunswick,GA, but it's still alive. I've passed a location in an unincorporated area of Glynn County and there was actually a KKK meeting taking place. So nothing about this city is a surprise to me.
Iam sure they stood out front so you would know...
(Hey,look,...KKK meeting here...)

Since: Sep 07

A land far far away....

#32 Nov 9, 2007
Oh and its still way to obvious Keona....
ROBBIEGAUTHIER

Canastota, NY

#33 Nov 9, 2007
I FEEL ITS VERY SAD THIS DAY AND AGE THAT THERE IS STILL DISCRIMINATION IN THIS COUNTRY.BLACK PEOPLE ARE HUMAN TOO WITH FEELINGS.
William

Taylorsville, NC

#34 Nov 9, 2007
Ted Bundy wrote:
Wait a minute, How is Brunswick, GA the "First Coast" FCN wants to make everything the "First Coast" next thing you know N.Y. is the part of the "First Coast" per FCN.
Good point....the First Coast, as in, Florida's First Coast, starts at the Florida line and continues to Palm Coast is my understanding.
I think what FC News is doing is claiming their Area of Dominate Influence (ADI) per media jargon.
Anyway, my take on this is that it appears to be a very important issue and an eye opening claim that deserves more than flushing a toliet with a photograher there.
This will be interesting story to follow. I remember when many public bathrooms were seperated by race and I'm not that old....yet.

“Wake up America! ”

Since: Nov 07

Orange Park, Fl.

#35 Nov 9, 2007
As long as we have hyphenated americans, we will never have equality. This hyphenation is part of political correctness and is designed to set people apart, not bring them together. I'm just as proud of my heritage as anyone else but I'm an American, period. Whether we came here and became citizens or were born here, we are Americans now so let's quit this horse hockey and be Americans.
Robert

Saint Augustine, FL

#36 Nov 9, 2007
why are people so stupid? I hope she takes those jerks for all they got!
Jordan

Lansing, MI

#37 Nov 9, 2007
A good investigation story? Are you kidding? They walked in and flushed the can a year after being contacted. Clearly uncovering the white bathroom mystery wasn't at the top of the priority list.
jbrez wrote:
Great story. Pretty rare to see a good investigation story on local news.
Goldsky

United States

#39 Nov 9, 2007
Rep. Stephen Cohen (white male) was going to join the Congressional Black Caucus before he heard they would not let him in. According to Wikipedia: "Before being elected, Cohen told reporters that he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus, but later decided against attempting to join after members of the CBC (influenced by co-founder William Lacy Clay Sr.) indicated that they would not allow a non-black to join."

Is everybody disgusted about the discrimination against a white man by a black group? I doubt it. Where was all of the "outrage" over this. That's right, only whites can discriminate.
Goldsky

United States

#41 Nov 9, 2007
Why doesn't First Coast News run a headline like this, "A blacks only group on Capital Hill" and investigate that.
BuckFever

Saint Paul, MN

#42 Nov 9, 2007
Sounds like they fired the wrong worker. That will cost them, I hope.
American

Jacksonville, FL

#43 Nov 9, 2007
I'm Italian-Canadian-Irish-German- American!
Lives in Glynn County

Saint Simons Island, GA

#44 Nov 9, 2007
You folks sure are taking this report as the whole absolute truth...There is more story here than any of you know. Ga Pacific is not stupid, and we have a reporter trying to "make" a story...A lot of job abuse was practiced by this employee....but it will take time for it to come out. Some of you, really don't care, you are just quick to jump to a conclusion, without all of the facts. To YOU people, wait until the truth is exposed..... you won't look as stupid later.
angry

Jacksonville, FL

#45 Nov 9, 2007
i bet there is an all black toilet in the miss black usa pagaent! take that afro americans!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brunswick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power outage (Mar '07) Dec 21 Teacher 2
Rupert Blackman has AIDs Dec 17 me2youlol 3
Looking for info on Felisha Ponsell Dec 17 me2youlol 4
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Miles Crews Dec 2 just wondering 1
Teacher at MCA Dec 2 just wondering 1
Camden County arrests 14 registered sex offende... Nov 27 LonePalm Sux 8
Brunswick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web