Video Spotlight - A Whites-Only Bathroom on the First Coast?

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

By Jeannie Blaylock First Coast News BRUNSWICK, GA -- First Coast News has been investigating allegations that a major local company is guilty of racial discrimination.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of892
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

It is a travesty of justice that nothing is being done about racism in a major company. White supremecy is still alive and well and needs to be stopped. Racism is the greatest mental illness that has ever existed and is the cancer that will destroy all of humanity. Please racists, gain a sense of humanity if this world only belonged to whiteskinned peoples why is there so many more non-white people that make up 9/10ths of the worlds population. Think about it. Trying to get rid of non-whites will only destroy all of humankind and the world. Is it worth it?
jbrez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Great story. Pretty rare to see a good investigation story on local news.
Crystal Jefferson

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

This is a sad and true reality that plagues the South. I have to be honest and say that I am really not surprised. Events like this happen right here in Jacksonville. I first came to Jacksonville in 2001 when I joined the Navy. After seperating from the Navy, I moved to the westside of Jacksonville. That is where I notice a lot of racial tension. Orange Park isn't any better. I was in Books-A-Million today when a black man asked a white employee how much a robot toy cost. She told him $130. When he asked her to see how it works, she ran behind the counter, as if the man couldn't afford it. When I, a biracial (black and white) person interact with Jacksonville natives I receive similar responses in this area. Segregation still exists. I moved here, because I thought it was a multi-racial community, but now I cannot stand it. When will be realize that this has to stop? Do they not remember the science lesson in elementary school about color? In order for an object to appear a certain color, it has to absorb all the other colors around it and reflect or project the color that it appears. Based on that theory, we need to saturate ourselves with people of different ethnic backgrounds in order to absorb the true differences of people and become better enriched people. Instead, we are holding on to "tall tales of racism" that have been handed down from generation to generation. It is almost like a gene.
Jane

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

I was very disappointed in Jeannie
Blaylock's report. It implied that all Glynn County has this problem.
My husband and I both work with Afro-Americans on a daily basis and we have never seen prejudices
as indicated in this report. This was probably one individual and not representative of our community as a whole. Actually, both sides were not represented in the report and I feel that it will do great harm to racial relations in our community. Shame on you.
oscarmom

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

I was out raged after hearing this story - this is not the 60's or 50's or beyond this is 2007. I have seen what is was like for the blacks & whites back in the 60's - I remember the white & black only bathrooms or eating places or the blacks in the back of a bus while the white were up front - but those days are gone and should not be going on anywhere in the USA. I pray that this will stop, that the lady that was fired wins her case and someone comes in and makes Georgia Pacific come up to the year 2007! If this type of stuff is going on this is not what our young people need to see - is this a reason there are so many gangs and fighting going on? This has got to STOP!!
ms williams

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

No this do not surprise me.Here in Jax Fl. it happen all the times in a hidden way.Even when the news stories are told on the t.v. I immediately know if it's about a white person or a black person.
fire57

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Well i can tell it is sweeps month. Of course , i should expect this kind of reporting after the big story last week of victor's secret, What next? shannon will reveal that he can't read a teleprompter and can't comb his hair ?. The so call raciest picture of a pregnant monkey , did you read what the cartoon said and it had been copied so much , that your eagle eyes , can see a swollen belly ?. I am glad to see GP is fighting this .
Melinda B

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

He should have been the one walk through the gate. Not her where is justice. It is so so sad that we still have people that boldly express their dislike for for people I live in arlington for 10 years and one night after picking up my teenage daughter from work we came home to find a poster on a pole in front of my house of a balck man with 3 large balls in his mouth sad.
Not Suprised

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

For Jane fromn AOL comment it's African American and not Afro American, that speaks volumes. I agree with the other comments about Jacksonville. I am not a native of Jacksonville/Orange Park and there's a lot of racism here as well, also hidden, systematic,it covers all aspects of life. I am sure that any African American that saw this story is not suprised by it. Racism is part of our daily lives, always has been always will be until JESUS comes back. We deal with it, most of all we pray. The worst feeling there is in this world is to look into a white face, and see the hate in his or her eyes, while there's a fake smile on their face. To feel and see the hatred is a daily occurrence for most of us. Racism exist every where, North and South, United States and Abroad.
Melinda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

He should have been the one walk through the gate. Not her where is justice. It is so so sad that we still have people that boldly express their dislike for for people I live in arlington for 10 years and one night after picking up my teenage daughter from work we came home to find a poster on a pole in front of my house of a black man with 3 large balls in his mouth sad.
Not Suprised

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Jane wrote:
My husband and I both work with Afro-Americans on a daily basis and we have never seen prejudices
as indicated in this report. This was probably one individual and not representative of our community as a whole. Actually, both sides were not represented in the report and I feel that it will do great harm to racial relations in our community. Shame on you.
/Jane you and your husband need to wake up, never seen prejudice? remove the blinders and for the record it is Arican American, not Afro-American
Not Suprised

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

Jane wrote:
correction African American, not Afro America

Since: Sep 07

A land far far away....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

You are literally talking to yourself.......omg.
MouseD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

"correction African American, not Afro America"

Is it really...could of fooled me...I understand African American as a person that immigrated here from Africa not born in the USA...and you wonder why some white people do or say what is happening now. Get with the program your not African American if you where born here in the USA....your only AMERICAN plain and simple.

“Shedding Skin”

Since: Apr 07

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

MouseD wrote:
"correction African American, not Afro America"
Is it really...could of fooled me...I understand African American as a person that immigrated here from Africa not born in the USA...and you wonder why some white people do or say what is happening now. Get with the program your not African American if you where born here in the USA....your only AMERICAN plain and simple.
Thank you!!! We are all AMERICANS, if you want racism to stop. Stop separating yourself from the rest of us. There is only two, either white or black that is the only colors that humans are born and no matter the color we are all humans and if born here you are an AMERICAN as in the culture. Now there rest is just culture or ethnicity. Now you can make the argument that you are black of Hispanic origin or white of Hispanic origin and that is a valid argument. But I'm tire of the separation that some cultures make and then complain that there is racism.
dna

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

hum mm, all this time i thought i was American only to find out I'm really British American.
my parents are British and i was born here, I've always thought i was American I'm crushed,and if the blacks would only get it, that they are American and NOT AFRICAN, and quit rubbing the African part in our face then maybe they could get a little more respect, when blacks start talking about being African thats when their racism shows out.
eric

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Not Suprised wrote:
<quoted text>correction African American, not Afro America
Correction, BLACK, or Colored (Like the NAACP)...
mike

Kotzebue, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

We should of left the tolls on the brides.
GranTime

Kings Bay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Not Suprised wrote:
For Jane fromn AOL comment it's African American and not Afro American, that speaks volumes. I agree with the other comments about Jacksonville. I am not a native of Jacksonville/Orange Park and there's a lot of racism here as well, also hidden, systematic,it covers all aspects of life. I am sure that any African American that saw this story is not suprised by it. Racism is part of our daily lives, always has been always will be until JESUS comes back. We deal with it, most of all we pray. The worst feeling there is in this world is to look into a white face, and see the hate in his or her eyes, while there's a fake smile on their face. To feel and see the hatred is a daily occurrence for most of us. Racism exist every where, North and South, United States and Abroad.
Why can't everyone just be Americans, Whites don't call themselves British Americans. You are correct racism is with us everyday, it is practiced by all races, not just whites. Why is it that there is a seperate Black College Football Conference that is insisted upon by blacks. Why is it that we have Black History Month, not American Native (Indians) Month, it seems they were treated with a lot more disrespect by the whites. There are many Black events and oranizations where the word black is in the title. If the white race were to have the word White infront of an event or title, all hell would break loose. It does work both ways, I am sorry to say. I wish for everyones sake that we could learn to put our discrimination behind us.
Charles

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

One would think whites had gotten over this racist thing, but I guess not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of892
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brunswick Discussions

Search the Brunswick Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr Aggie23 47,536
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Wed Paris 2,036
Dukes of Iron MC Wed Itty Bitty Dick Committee 3
What happened to Kim Devore Jun 29 Curious 1
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun 21 Shining Electron 1
More black on white crime (Aug '13) Jun 18 samnammit 13
Birth mothers who answered ads / Gittleman aka ... Jun 18 joanNYadoptees 1
•••
•••
•••
Brunswick Dating

more search filters

less search filters